Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by SpaceG92 »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:This sucks I really want spacegodzilla in my collection. I do not really want high shipping for it.
It's a 2 pack, you will pay high shipping regardless.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

:mrgreen: Awww.. getting tougher to purchase repaints... so sad.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

GodzillavsGamera wrote::mrgreen: Awww.. getting tougher to purchase repaints... so sad.
Do they WANT to make money? :roll:
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Akunin
Samurai

Post by Akunin »

Just throwing this out there. I've decided to part with a few more SHMA, prices will drop periodically so watch my sig if you feel its too high. Does include shipping* and will combine shipping as well.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

I've been away for a while so I'm not too up to date with what's been going on. I know MG'74 has been announced and that's coming down the pipeline and also the Space G repaint. I'm guessing we're waiting to see if anything else is announced this month?

On another note, I never did buy the repaint Destroyah and I'm in the market for one. Anybody know of any good deals out there? I know Amazon has it for $153. Is that a good price for it? I don't remember how much it sold for when it came out. It seems like years since the repaint was released...

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Original price was $160, and it's hovering around that on the aftermarket as well. If Amazon has it eligible for Prime shipping, I'd say that's the best deal that I know of.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Tamashii has put up a surprisingly lengthy interview with special effects director Teruyoshi Nakano, who worked on vs. Hedorah, Gigan, Megalon, vs. Mechagodzilla, Terror of Mechagodzilla, and Zone Fighter to commemorate the commercialization of MG1974: http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000117030/

Japanese only, of course.
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

So what's left to look forward to in this line? The mustard Godzilla poster version from 93? MG74? SG repaint? Anything else?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Godzilla21 wrote:So what's left to look forward to in this line? The mustard Godzilla poster version from 93? MG74? SG repaint? Anything else?
There have been lists passed around before. If we're talking unproduced Heisei era, then 6" figures representing the 1984, 1989 and 1991 suits, and some secondary creatures and mecha also from those films (e.g. Godzillasaurus & Rose Biollante, maser trucks from 1984 etc).
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

G1985 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:So what's left to look forward to in this line? The mustard Godzilla poster version from 93? MG74? SG repaint? Anything else?
There have been lists passed around before. If we're talking unproduced Heisei era, then 6" figures representing the 1984, 1989 and 1991 suits, and some secondary creatures and mecha also from those films (e.g. Godzillasaurus & Rose Biollante, maser trucks from 1984 etc).
No I mean what's actually confirmed and coming for sure. I don't even know of anything else
SpaceG92 wrote:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
G1985 wrote:
No I mean what's actually confirmed and coming for sure. I don't even know of anything else
I think you nailed it. There was also supposed to be a Monster Planet Godzilla, but if I understand it there's some kind of issue with licensing around that figure that make it's release in doubt.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

G1985 wrote:I think you nailed it. There was also supposed to be a Monster Planet Godzilla, but if I understand it there's some kind of issue with licensing around that figure that make it's release in doubt.
Only in the US. It's still set on being released in December.

There's also the Junior repaint, repaint Battra set, and G2016 reissue.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
G1985 wrote:I think you nailed it. There was also supposed to be a Monster Planet Godzilla, but if I understand it there's some kind of issue with licensing around that figure that make it's release in doubt.
Only in the US. It's still set on being released in December.

There's also the Junior repaint, repaint Battra set, and G2016 reissue.
So basically only new figures are MG74 and MP? Got it
SpaceG92 wrote:

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Dunno if anyone knows yet but MG74 is up for preorder on Amazon and it shows off his effect part(s).
:gigan:

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Wait, just to clarify, I though MG74 was a Web Exclusive? Why does Amazon have it?
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mr. Xeno wrote:Wait, just to clarify, I though MG74 was a Web Exclusive? Why does Amazon have it?
Bluefin managed to snag a deal to import it over here.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

GodzillavsGamera wrote::mrgreen: Awww.. getting tougher to purchase repaints... so sad.
Yeah, my heart bleeds purple peanut butter... :twisted:

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Mr. Xeno wrote:Wait, just to clarify, I though MG74 was a Web Exclusive? Why does Amazon have it?
Bluefin managed to snag a deal to import it over here.
This means the figure will have a much longer shelf life, allowing me way more time to get it without paying import prices.
Last edited by Mr. Xeno on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I mean - when BlueFin is bringing it over - you're kinda paying a fixed 100¥ to $1 currency conversion ratio. Which just so happens to be below the current exchange rate (113->1). I mean, the net now isn't that much of a gain/loss - it's just something to pay attention to.

Earlier this year (?) or was it last (?) the yen absolutely tanked and was like 135 yen to a the dollar making it an AMAZING time to import. Basically everything was like 25-35% off if you really want to look at it like that. So on sites like HLJ or AmiAmi that already had marked down prices... You get the picture.

You'll might be thinking. "BEH! Penny pincher. It doesn't add up THAT much". You are mistaken. It does and real quick. Especially if you're budgeting expenses 3 months in advance. It doesn't really matter to be on top of exchange rates, especially that PayPal has their own off rates they use but it's something you should check every once in a while. If the yen tanked - do some quick spending before it has a chance to life back up again. If you order large ticket items (something that's 10,000 yen would cost ~$74. That's 26 off a 100->1 conversion.

**Note: Safe conversion is something most people use to quickly convert yen to usd. 100 yen -> 1 usd, or move the decimal over 2 places. It's not a right conversion, but rarely does the NipponFolderBambooLeaflet outweigh the almighty TrumpDollar. I am not responsible for any loss of income you may receive for following this guideline. Do your own research :P
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

While there is that, what's great about a Bluefin release is the sales after release. They may not be common, but when they hit, you can get a better deal than you could of have ever hoped for. Godzilla 1989 had a significant drop on Amazon at one point, as low as $117 shipped. You definitely wouldn't get that from importing, even at their [insert import website] cheapest preorder discount.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.