Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by Anguirus »

miguelnuva wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:Nah, I'm okay. When Gamera crosses over into the Godzillaverse, maybe I'll give it a chance.
Yeah, I will admit, the first Heisei Gamera is amazing, it's completely void of any of the childish antics in the original 60's series. And TBH, I'm sure everyone here would agree, the Heisei trilogy is a whole hell of a lot more impressive than anything the Heisei Godzilla series had to offer, even 85', and Biollante.
Slow down buddy, Heisei Gamera did whoop on Heisei Godzilla but the the trilogy didn't top Return and Biollante.
Err, I really like 84 but..
Anyway I have to admit I was not expecting this figure to be announced next. Hopefully we receive another Kong figure now.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Naruto65 wrote:I'm a Godzilla only kind off guy. No desire to checkout derply turtle and friends.
Never understood this mentality but you do you.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

It's like everyone expects someone that likes Godzilla & Friends, that they must have interest or like other franchises of the same genre. Nope. We exist and people need to get over it and respect it. (and by respect it, I mean the decision to say something like, Meh Gamera ain't for me.)
Last edited by Naruto65 on Thu May 24, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Naruto65 wrote:It's like everyone expects someone that likes Godzilla & Friends, that they must have interest or like other franchises of the same genre. Nope. We exist and people need to get over it and respect it. (and by respect it, I mean the decision to say something like, Meh Gamera ain't for me.)
No one expects you to like it. Everyone is just suggesting you to give it a try. I used to say the same thing about Kamen Rider, until I sat down and gave some of it a watch. But hey, I like trying new things.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:It's like everyone expects someone that likes Godzilla & Friends, that they must have interest or like other franchises of the same genre. Nope. We exist and people need to get over it and respect it. (and by respect it, I mean the decision to say something like, Meh Gamera ain't for me.)
No one expects you to like it. Everyone is just suggesting you to give it a try. I used to say the same thing about Kamen Rider, until I sat down and gave some of it a watch. But hey, I like trying new things.
Agreed, I use to hate DBZ before I watched it and it's my favorite anime. You don't have to like Gamera but as a fan of the genre I suggest just the Hesei trilogy.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

I have no interest in this franchise, not even enough to TRY it.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Yeah, don't worry about it. If the day comes, then great, but if not, that's fine too. My brother recommends me Ultraman now and again, but still haven't gotten around to it, even though I hear good things about it. Hopefully if Gamera joins the MonsterVerse, you'll enjoy what he has to offer :)

In any case -- despite some of the flaws presented for Gamera '99, still greatly interested in it. Just need a few more promo shots, then seeing it out on display. A list of accessories wouldn't hurt, either.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

If anyone has a Biollante they are looking to get rid of I’m buying. DM me or email sam8madness@gmail.com

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

TheRadness wrote:If anyone has a Biollante they are looking to get rid of I’m buying. DM me or email sam8madness@gmail.com
Wait for the repaint!

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Actually been heavily considering getting rid of my Biollante. Could really use the money towards a better toyline.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Castellan Zilla wrote:Actually been heavily considering getting rid of my Biollante. Could really use the money towards a better toyline.
Sold mine a few months ago. Never looked back
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

Naruto65 wrote:
TheRadness wrote:If anyone has a Biollante they are looking to get rid of I’m buying. DM me or email sam8madness@gmail.com
Wait for the repaint!
I’ve considered it, but the original release was solid, and the potential rerelease couls be ...... catastrophic

I’m not going to spend 600.00 on it, I’ll pay a fair price for the original.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Naruto65 wrote:
Wait for the repaint!
I sold mine a long time ago and have been waiting for the repaint. I expected it to come out last year. I'm thinking that it will be out either at the end of this year of sometime next year.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I agree with what everyone else is saying, wait for the repaint, it'll come with accessories, probably even a sap spray effect piece.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

Don’t care about effects, I can make those!

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Man, they really screwed Gamera's head this time. Thing has the same quality as a Revoltech Gamera. Not saying anything bad about the Revoltech ones, but we're talking about a 20 cm, $100 figure here.
Hopefully we will get Gyaos, Legion or Iris down the line.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I hope we get some showa monsters like Megalon, Jet Jaguar, Titanosaurs, and maybe Hedorah.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

We need HEDORAH NOW.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Yes. We need the Smog Monster Now.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:Yes. We need the Smog Monster Now.
Knowing SHMA it'd be the Millennium one... :freak: