Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by godzilla1541 »

Mechagigan wrote:Maybe if we all speak in poorly translated Japanese, Bandai-senpai will finally accept us dirty Americans?

Please release Giant Condor toys
No Giant Condor toys for you !! If it's not heisei then it will never be made

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

Godzilla21 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote: Will this influence Tamashi? I don't know.
The answer is actually no. Naruto's poll results haven't come to fruition and he has actual contact with Bluefin and Tamashii. This poll means nothing other than what a couple dozen people on an American Godzilla message board want. And we all know the focus of this line is the Japanese consumer. Not that American. So sorry to be blunt but Tamashii is going to do what they want regardless of what the American audience wants.
I was gonna say, I think if Tamashii cared at all what anyone said on this board, it wouldn't have taken until 2017 to get a Showa villain.
*Which still isn't confirmed for release yet.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Godzilla21 wrote:
The answer is actually no. Naruto's poll results haven't come to fruition and he has actual contact with Bluefin and Tamashii. This poll means nothing other than what a couple dozen people on an American Godzilla message board want. And we all know the focus of this line is the Japanese consumer. Not that American. So sorry to be blunt but Tamashii is going to do what they want regardless of what the American audience wants.
I believe there's the chance Tamashii Nations USA could have the list tossed their way, but I don't believe they'd be able to sway the Japanese branch to actually make anything listed... unless by some miracle they decide to utilize conventions like SDCC to their advantage, to release more US-wanted figures.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

I want a "real" Godzilla 2000, not some concept, I mean 2003 is cool and all, but I want a Godzilla with purple spikes, and the concept 2000 aint doing for me.
My Mickey is ready to trill its way to victory

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla2008 wrote:I want a "real" Godzilla 2000, not some concept, I mean 2003 is cool and all, but I want a Godzilla with purple spikes, and the concept 2000 aint doing for me.
Well send your votes in, champ!

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 11&t=26085

It can't hurt.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I personally can't get behind the Sakai G2K at all, and its a real shame they did his version over the real deal (though I guess it's nice of them). It doesn't work for the same reason KingGoji doesn't; its acceptable from a profile, but looks pretty weird head-on.

Even then, the scraggly face is weird.

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

Mechagigan wrote:I personally can't get behind the Sakai G2K at all, and its a real shame they did his version over the real deal (though I guess it's nice of them). It doesn't work for the same reason KingGoji doesn't; its acceptable from a profile, but looks pretty weird head-on.

I agree I find it kind of strange they went with that design, I'd be fine with it if they released the movie design, and then they made the Special color version and it didnt have purple spikes THE WHOLE REASON 2000 IS COOL! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
My Mickey is ready to trill its way to victory

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Mechagigan wrote:I personally can't get behind the Sakai G2K at all, and its a real shame they did his version over the real deal (though I guess it's nice of them). It doesn't work for the same reason KingGoji doesn't; its acceptable from a profile, but looks pretty weird head-on.

I'm the opposite, I actually like the Sakai version more than the film's.

Added in 3 minutes 40 seconds:
MM Raids Again wrote:
And if we don't, surely you don't think its because of your poll that we didn't right?
The only thing that hasn't happened that I predicted was a reissue of SpaceGodzilla in one way or another.
Candy Corn or Trendmasters 40th anniversary version. Maybe even both.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Cosbydaf wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
I was gonna say, I think if Tamashii cared at all what anyone said on this board, it wouldn't have taken until 2017 to get a Showa villain.
Maybe more feedback than just this board is needed?

It's nice that they are reaching out though.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Chris55 wrote:
Cosbydaf wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Maybe more feedback than just this board is needed?

It's nice that they are reaching out though.
As we discussed Chris, I'd do it on the TK FB as well, but I don't have an open communication with that dude.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

whats the point of the poll if its not even official lol its a glorified wish list.. also why cant i vote for zilla.... :)

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gahdzilluh wrote:whats the point of the poll if its not even official lol its a glorified wish list.. also why cant i vote for zilla.... :)
The "point" is to simply see what the top 10 kaiju are that fans want. This information will then be gathered and put out on a nice, clean article on the main site with actual reasons, given by the voters, why they want certain kaiju other than "Durr! He's muh favorite!" And you can vote for Zilla, he's pretty much solidified at this point to be in the Top 10.

1. Monster X
2. Orga
3. Gigan (Showa)
4. Megalon
5. Titanosaurus
6. Anguirus (1968)
7. Zilla
8. Godzilla (2002 / 2003)
9. Megaguirus
10. Baragon
11. M.U.T.O.s

Baragon is starting to make a comeback and has just tied with the M.U.T.O.s for spot #10.

Quote of the Year:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

My boy Bagan out of the top 10. Curse on all your families
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

That Bloody Bastard Bagan Blows Bare Bone for Billions of Bucks, Beats Babies with Baseball Bats, and Believes Breasts Best Booties.

Shame.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Godzilla21 wrote:My boy Bagan out of the top 10. Curse on all your families
I feel the same. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mechagigan wrote:That Bloody Bastard Bagan Blows Bare Bone for Billions of Bucks, Beats Babies with Baseball Bats, and Believes Breasts Best Booties.

Shame.
It's always interesting to read your posts. :lol:
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Hey, off topic right quick but, can anyone recommend a stand or something for SHMA Flying Destroyah? Did a quick Amazon and eBay search and didn't see anything that I thought would work.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Maritonic wrote:Hey, off topic right quick but, can anyone recommend a stand or something for SHMA Flying Destroyah? Did a quick Amazon and eBay search and didn't see anything that I thought would work.
I personally don't have the figure but perhaps Fire Rodan's stand would work? Or just a normal effects arm?
:gigan:

TheMariobros17
Interpol Agent

Post by TheMariobros17 »

Maritonic wrote:Hey, off topic right quick but, can anyone recommend a stand or something for SHMA Flying Destroyah? Did a quick Amazon and eBay search and didn't see anything that I thought would work.
Tamashii Nations has a stand sets that you can buy separately and depending on where you look you can find it for $15 to $20. Just go to ebay or amazon and search up Tamashii Stage acts.
I maybe called TheMariobros17 on here but I am now known as everywhere else, Super Mariozilla!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCbn_ ... 426S5Y90NA
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Grunkle Sans wrote:
I personally don't have the figure but perhaps Fire Rodan's stand would work? Or just a normal effects arm?
I'm going guess and say a NECA stand will work too. I even use one of those for my Revoltech Gyaos.

Quote of the Year:

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

I'd recommend using Fire Rodan's stand. That's what I use. It works perfectly.
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.