Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Maritonic wrote:
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:I really want Kiryu in my collection
Good thing they've released Kiryu twice and you can buy him. Happy hunting.
But he is to Expensive. I have no money and i'm broke. I'm saying the should do a repaint.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MandaSaurus wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote: MG74 is a GORGEOUS piece of plastic( and metal ). It looks like it walked right off the screen, and THAT, IMO, is the most important thing - articulation comes in second...
So then go buy an X-PLUS and stop getting upset when people articulate their articulated figures.
I like articulation, but I am also aware that not every figure is articulated like a Revoltech! So, spin those joints AWAY, if it is what you WANT, and don't b*tch, when they pop-off, or break! It's called common sense...
But you have to admit there is a massive QC issue with things like Mothra's wings and the stupid rings on MG. You SHOULD be able to articulate these things as the joints allow, which leads to the rings getting stuck. Not saying to go apeshit, but you should still be able to move them.

Added in 2 minutes 20 seconds:
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
But he is to Expensive. I have no money and i'm broke. I'm saying the should do a repaint.
If you're broke maybe you shouldn't be collecting these things to begin with.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

REALLY!? Come on! I like collecting these figures. There so cool and highly detailed. And i am trying to get a job ok
8-BIT MADNESS

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

QC is difficult sometimes, when you are talking limited-run collectors items, as opposed to mass-market toys intended for every tom-dick-and- harry out there. If you want to play in this market, you can't expect the same QC as stuff from Hasbro/Mattel/Bandai America etc. It's just the way it works...

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MandaSaurus wrote:QC is difficult sometimes, when you are talking limited-run collectors items, as opposed to mass-market toys intended for every tom-dick-and- harry out there. If you want to play in this market, you can't expect the same QC as stuff from Hasbro/Mattel/Bandai America etc. It's just the way it works...
Oh come on. You're actually suggesting it's acceptable the way these figures have been handled? My Awakening Shin arrived, leg disconnected and a massive red (??) paint scratch on his tail, right out of the box. I didn't waste my money on Mothra SCV, but the pictures and videos speak for themselves, the same for MechaG.

Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy my collection of SHMA, but you can't realistically defend the questionable QC on a $100 +/- collectible like this. If it was truly once in a blue moon this happened, I'd agree, but it's practically every release. Almost every purchase is a risk.
Last edited by Maritonic on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:QC is difficult sometimes, when you are talking limited-run collectors items, as opposed to mass-market toys intended for every tom-dick-and- harry out there. If you want to play in this market, you can't expect the same QC as stuff from Hasbro/Mattel/Bandai America etc. It's just the way it works...
Oh come on. You're actually suggesting it's acceptable the way these figures have been handled? My Awakening Shin arrived, leg disconnected and a massive red (??) paint scratch on his tail, right out of the box. I didn't waste my money on Mothra SCV, but the pictures and videos speak for themselves, the same for MechaG.

Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy my collection of SHMA, but you can't realistically defend the questionable QC on a $100 +/- collectible like this. If it was truly once in a blue moon this happened, I'd agree, but it's practically every release. Almost every purchase is a risk.
I 100% agree with Maritonic. Now, we're not saying they HAVE to be perfect but the choices they have made is questionable. The paint apps questionable. The joints questionable. There is a pattern here that they can easily fix but haven't.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:I have no money and i'm broke.
Repetition. *CinemaSins Ding*
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maritonic wrote:
To be fair, Kiryu commands $200+ prices online now. That's an unreasonable amount of money for a kid his age to be spending on a collectible.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Yeah agree
8-BIT MADNESS

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

My Mechagodzilla 74 came in! It’s mostly a great figure, but I’m kinda scared to move one of its arms since it’s not moving well and I don’t want it to get stuck.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Anguirus wrote:My Mechagodzilla 74 came in! It’s mostly a great figure, but I’m kinda scared to move one of its arms since it’s not moving well and I don’t want it to get stuck.
Yeahhh I don't blame you. I'll still never be able to comprehend the reasoning behind choosing the rings over some sort of sleeve.

Edit: Misread original post, edited response.
Last edited by Maritonic on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I have the Heavy Arms Kiryu. I go back and forth with it and the BG as my favorite figure in the line.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I dont have any of the Kiryus....can someone tell me how he feels, how he moves, how he smells, and if he gives great hugs.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

@Godzillafan1954.

Let's not try to post things that don't have anything to do with the thread.

@SuperPawnageGigan.

Can you stop making posts in here that have little substance to them? If you want to post in here, fine, but make your posts have at least have something to do with this thread or in this case, have more than two or three words to them.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

GodzillavsJason wrote:@Godzillafan1954.

I don't even see Godzillafan1954 posting in here?
SpaceG92 wrote:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla21 wrote:

He posted a reply to pwnagegigan about his repetition higher up on this page.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Maritonic wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

He posted a reply to pwnagegigan about his repetition higher up on this page.
Oh missed that. Thanks
SpaceG92 wrote:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Anguirus wrote:My Mechagodzilla 74 came in! It’s mostly a great figure, but I’m kinda scared to move one of its arms since it’s not moving well and I don’t want it to get stuck.
As long as you don't try to make it look like it's signaling 'Touchdown!', you should be okay...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
As long as you don't try to make it look like it's signaling 'Touchdown!', you should be okay...
Yeah, dont try to move your "articulated" figure more than a few centimeters or else you'll run the risk of breaking it or having to remove the arm to get the rings out of the socket every time you do move it.

Seriously whats does an articulated figure mean to anyone here? What am I missing here?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
Yeah, dont try to move your "articulated" figure more than a few centimeters or else you'll run the risk of breaking it or having to remove the arm to get the rings out of the socket every time you do move it.

Seriously whats does an articulated figure mean to anyone here? What am I missing here?
Nope, you're not missing anything. I agree completely. It's an articulated figure. You should be able to move it within the confines of it's joints with no problems.