Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
_AkS_
Monsterland Worker

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by _AkS_ »

Oooh, I didn't know it was being brought over, that changes everything! I guess I'll wait to see it on Amazon in that case.
Last edited by _AkS_ on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Cleaning my "toy" room a.k.a my boy's room.....I started crunching the numbers and I have a problem.......I have spent $2,000 on these things SMH. What am I doing with my life?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

goji89 wrote:Cleaning my "toy" room a.k.a my boy's room.....I started crunching the numbers and I have a problem.......I have spent $2,000 on these things SMH. What am I doing with my life?
I feel your pain. Earlier tonight I was looking at all of the thinks I had bookmarked on eBay to consider in the last week, and if I bought everything just from the last week it would have set me back over $500.
Last edited by G1985 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

G1985 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Cleaning my "toy" room a.k.a my boy's room.....I started crunching the numbers and I have a problem.......I have spent $2,000 on these things SMH. What am I doing with my life?
I feel your pain. Earlier tonight I was looking at all of the thinks I had bookmarked on eBay to consider in the last week, and if I bought everything just from the last week it would have set me back over $500.
I feel ya. I do that too and I would of spent at least 300 clams. Thank God I'm afraid of my wife....she keeps me in check :lol: .

NateZilla10000
Monsterland Worker

Post by NateZilla10000 »

Ay, if ye can't invest in gold, invest in plastic molds.

'Tis the collector's creed. Here here.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

"What am I doing with my life?" Same as we ALL are - something until we die...

MG74 review and photo gallery up at ToyArk.com - they don't seem to be having trouble with the shoulder joints...

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

MandaSaurus wrote:"What am I doing with my life?" Same as we ALL are - something until we die...

MG74 review and photo gallery up at ToyArk.com - they don't seem to be having trouble with the shoulder joints...
After XX months of the initial warning of fragile ring joints have been made public.
_AkS_ wrote:How many of you folks are picking up the 2002 Goji? I've been wondering if I'm missing something given how it's still open for orders, or is it the possibly weird neck and quality of the line recently? :)
"recently"

Honestly, wait until reviews. Probably the way to go for now on, well, has been for some time now.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Honestly, wait until reviews. Probably the way to go for now on, well, has been for some time now.
Precisely. Another thing to consider is this is going to be a general release. So there is no need to rush on it in fear of selling out quickly.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Not to mention his neck REALLY looks off in the promotional pictures already, so the reviews are going to be all the more important to see how he truly looks in hand.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Making the absolute most of it

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

G1985 wrote:
goji89 wrote: I think there is one scene where Goji kicks one and its about the size of its entire foot? Gotta check on that one though in the heisei series.
Pop in the DVD/Blu-ray of Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (1993), and jump forward to 43:50, which is when Godzilla starts kicking tanks. The conventional tanks are as large as his feet. An MBT-92 comes up past his ankles.
Last word on this - promise. According to Toho Kingdom's page for the MBT-92, it is approx. 16 feet high and 53 feet long. The SHMA version matches these measurements. The MBT-92 shouldn't be as tall as Godzilla's knees. That would make the tank 60+ feet tall!

Resized Image
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

@SpaceG92: I have NEVER been a fan of reviews where the articulation segment involves spinning every joint like a pinwheel! These are collectors' items, not the latest Star Wars or G.I. Joe figure, nor do I treat them like such! At least these early reviews tell us to 'Watch Out!' when dealing with certain joints - they ARE useful in that respect...

MG74 is a GORGEOUS piece of plastic( and metal ). It looks like it walked right off the screen, and THAT, IMO, is the most important thing - articulation comes in second...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote: MG74 is a GORGEOUS piece of plastic( and metal ). It looks like it walked right off the screen, and THAT, IMO, is the most important thing - articulation comes in second...
So then go buy an X-PLUS and stop getting upset when people articulate their articulated figures.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MandaSaurus wrote:@SpaceG92: I have NEVER been a fan of reviews where the articulation segment involves spinning every joint like a pinwheel! These are collectors' items, not the latest Star Wars or G.I. Joe figure, nor do I treat them like such! At least these early reviews tell us to 'Watch Out!' when dealing with certain joints - they ARE useful in that respect...

MG74 is a GORGEOUS piece of plastic( and metal ). It looks like it walked right off the screen, and THAT, IMO, is the most important thing - articulation comes in second...
Articulation comes second in a collector's series that's focused on articulation?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote: MG74 is a GORGEOUS piece of plastic( and metal ). It looks like it walked right off the screen, and THAT, IMO, is the most important thing - articulation comes in second...
So then go buy an X-PLUS and stop getting upset when people articulate their articulated figures.
I like articulation, but I am also aware that not every figure is articulated like a Revoltech! So, spin those joints AWAY, if it is what you WANT, and don't b*tch, when they pop-off, or break! It's called common sense...

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Manda is a company man
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzilla21 wrote:Manda is a company man
That's pretty funny, considering that I've pooh-poohed almost EVERY re-paint/kitbash that's come along. 'Give me new sculpts, or you don't get my money' has long been my clarion call...

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I hope they do a repaint of kiryu. I really want Kiryu in my collection
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:Manda is a company man
That's pretty funny, considering that I've pooh-poohed almost EVERY re-paint/kitbash that's come along. 'Give me new sculpts, or you don't get my money' has long been my clarion call...
...with the exception being the inevitable MG74 re-paint/kitbash - which will be known as MG75. :D

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:I really want Kiryu in my collection
Good thing they've released Kiryu twice and you can buy him. Happy hunting.