Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Naruto65
Futurian

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by Naruto65 »

SpaceG92 wrote: What ever did happen to that KKK Shin? They sorta mentioned it and then it kinda disappeared again. Probably getting final details wrapped up - didn't this happen with MG as well?
Likely undergoing more improvements, but also due o Frozen Shin' s announcement, KKK Shin is likely to be officially announnced after Frozen's release or at least announced after Frozen's preorder window closes.

Same situation between Poster MG and MG74, they didn't want these figures to compete with each other in sales.

TheMariobros17
Interpol Agent

Post by TheMariobros17 »

You know what's really strange?? I don't think Tamashii even cares about the S.H.MonsterArts line anymore at this point. Because I've looked all over the freaking place, Instagram, toyark, many other sites and there were literally no S.H.MonsterArts figures on display at New York toy fair. The other lines such as pacific rim and S.H.Figuarts were there but absolutely no SHMA on display. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the first time the whole line has not shown up on display at Toy Fair. To me that's a bad sign because I think they may axe the line. Obviously I know I'm thinking way too deep into that but still. Kind of shows they don't care about the line anymore. All the more reason to keep complaining to them on Instagram. And I say that's a bad sign because god forbid they start ALL OVER AGAIN with Heisei. Again I seriously want to know what is going on behind the scenes involving this line. Why are they always releasing mediocre products? Why are they neglecting this line so much at conventions? They used to get displayed on awesome dioramas but now nothing. This line is pretty much dead at this point. I'm praying for Kiryu Goji right now.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Your quick answer: There's nothing at Toy Fair because there isn't anything upcoming that's being released in the USA.

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

Are there lots of import only lines showcased at Toy Fair currently? That’s apparently what Monsterarts has become until Godzilla vs Kong....

People bitch to god damn much
Last edited by TheRadness on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

Naruto65 wrote:Your quick answer: There's nothing at Toy Fair because there isn't anything upcoming that's being released in the USA.
If they're no longer importing Godzilla, or even things like the Spacegodzilla/Little G two pack, that doesn't leave much for them to reveal.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

TheRadness wrote: People skreeonk to god damn much
Yeah, I mean fucking is good but highly overrated, but what does this have to do with MonsterArts?

TheMariobros17
Interpol Agent

Post by TheMariobros17 »

Naruto65 wrote:Your quick answer: There's nothing at Toy Fair because there isn't anything upcoming that's being released in the USA.
Well damn. I thought too hard and looked way too deep into it. That's what I get for over thinking and for being extremely OCD :lol:
I maybe called TheMariobros17 on here but I am now known as everywhere else, Super Mariozilla!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCbn_ ... 426S5Y90NA
Resized Image

ZombieFriedChicken
GPN Volunteer

Post by ZombieFriedChicken »

The simple answer is usually the right one.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

goji89 wrote:
TheRadness wrote: People skreeonk to god damn much
Yeah, I mean skreeonking is good but highly overrated, but what does this have to do with MonsterArts?
Well, for some people a lot, others not so much.

You know it’s bad, but still crossing my fingers on that 2002 figure. A hundred dollars, better be worth it I swear.

I think I asked this earlier but I couldn’t get an answer. Is the Mechagodzilla figure good or not. Seems mediocre from what I can tell with the air of plain paint.
This is the beginning of the end.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

TheMariobros17 wrote:To me that's a bad sign because I think they may axe the line. Obviously I know I'm thinking way too deep into that but still. Kind of shows they don't care about the line anymore.
Is this the NECA thread now? Tamashii doesn't have a say in what gets imported, Warner Brothers (apparently) does. You wanna know why there's no SHMA at ToyFair? Because WB isn't allowing G2002 to come over to America.
TheMariobros17 wrote:All the more reason to keep complaining to them on Instagram.
Aye, that'll show 'em.
TheMariobros17 wrote:Why are they neglecting this line so much at conventions?
Oh no, Tamashii didn't showcase anything at an American toy event! This line is being NEGLECTED!
TheMariobros17 wrote:This line is pretty much dead at this point.
Despite having just released two brand new figures and having at least two more in the pipeline. Totally dead.

Man, we have too many Chicken Littles on this forum. One no-show at ToyFair (again, a predominantly American convention) doesn't mean the line is dying or that Tamashii is neglecting it. The line is still going on in its primary country and new releases are being blocked because WB is in a huffy about something Godzilla-related. It's not just SHMA, NECA's feeling the pressure too.

TheMariobros17
Interpol Agent

Post by TheMariobros17 »

Chill everyone lol. I over thought. I admit I freaked out for no reason at all. And that was a bit unprofessional on my end. I should've thought twice before typing that. :oops:

Btw my thoughts on the SpaceG set. Bleh. I think it looks mediocre as hell. It would've helped if it got more paint shading (and better quality control let's not forget that). And red on SpaceGs crystals. Because those photos and that paint make it look like someone pissed on them. Sorry for the random thoughts all the sudden I just have a bad habit of getting my opinion out there no matter how many pages back the said topic was.
I maybe called TheMariobros17 on here but I am now known as everywhere else, Super Mariozilla!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCbn_ ... 426S5Y90NA
Resized Image

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

I decided to paint Little Godzilla's eyes red. I also painted yellow dots on Mothra's wings.
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Wanner Bros! They made a Good Godzilla film,But they won't Bring Godzilla 2002 or SpaceGodzilla over to this us. That makes SHKREEEEONKING Mad!
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:Wanner Bros! They made a Good Godzilla film,But they won't Bring Godzilla 2002 or SpaceGodzilla over to this us. That makes SHKREEEEONKING Mad!
Dude......you okay, because, what the hell you trying to say?
Last edited by goji89 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I'm sorry for just raging. I was trying to say that i am mad at Wanner bros that they are not letting the figures come to the U.S. but they made a good godzilla movie and king kong film. And this is what they do to us.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

SpaceG92 wrote: What ever did happen to that KKK Shin? They sorta mentioned it and then it kinda disappeared again. Probably getting final details wrapped up - didn't this happen with MG as well?
He's off throwing derogatory terms to the workers at Bandai for being Japanese.

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

I preordered frozen shin....
Then cancelled it.

Oh well

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Is the Shin Godzilla 2nd and 3rd forms set worth it at all, or is the QC consistently god-awful (with standard SHMA QC being meh at best).

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Cybermat47 wrote:Is the Shin Godzilla 2nd and 3rd forms set worth it at all, or is the QC consistently god-awful (with standard SHMA QC being meh at best).
I completely forgot they came out with those two. Probably crap
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cybermat47 wrote:Is the Shin Godzilla 2nd and 3rd forms set worth it at all, or is the QC consistently god-awful (with standard SHMA QC being meh at best).
Last I heard, the set overall isn't worth the full price of admission. The 2nd form is the better of the two, with just below average paint app and not much in the way of articulation, while the 3rd form's paint job consistently looks quite awful, but has surprisingly great articulation.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock