TK's "Figure of the Year 2016" Voting Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Figure of the Year

Poll ended at Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:53 pm

Banpresto Shin Godzilla
10%
SHMA Godzilla 2001
9%
MMS Godzilla 2000
No votes
SHMA Godzilla 1954
20%
SHMA Shin Godzilla
6%
X-Plus Legion Queen
7%
X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla 1962
12%
SHF Zetton
19%
SHMA Kou Kyo Kyouku Godzilla 1989
6%
SHF Ultraman
1%
NECA Godzilla 2001
6%
MMS Shin Godzilla
4%

Total votes: 69

UltramanGoji

TK's "Figure of the Year 2016" Voting Thread

Post by UltramanGoji »

Well, the year is winding down and Christmas is so close you can taste it. It's time for TK's annual Figure of the Year voting thread. Come cast your ballot on what you think was the best figure released this year!

Votes will be tallied up on December 31st and the finalized poll will be posted the following day.

Rules (so we don't have arguments):

- Cast your votes in bold! This makes it easier to count up the votes when the poll is being created.

- 1 vote per user, please.

What Does Not Qualify:

- Any figure released prior to December 31st 2015. For imported figures, we will go by Japanese release date.

- Reissues of molds released prior to this year. That means no X-PLUS Diamond reissues. Retools (like NECA's Ultimate Gipsy Danger) and uniquely repainted stylized figures (Marmits/M1s/Gigabrains with completely new paint schemes) will be allowed. Poster Style and Repainted SHMA figures along with Legacy of Revoltech are a very gray area, but will be allowed because the molds are not in production anymore and the majority of the forum collects them. Vinyl figure reissues (such as the recent MMS Godzilla 2000) are allowed if the mold is considered 'rare" by the community.

- Things that can be considered "general merchandise" (Godzilla vs. Evangelion figurines, Godzilla eggs, plush toys, etc.)

- Non-kaiju figures. The toy has to be based on some sort of kaiju-related franchise. So, no Marvel, Star Wars, Kamen Rider, and DBZ Figuarts (sorry DBZ/Rider fans, but this is primarily a kaiju forum!) and no American franchises like Transformers.

I figure this thread will pick up once the holidays have passed. Happy voting, everyone!
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Re: TK's "Figure of the Year 2016" Voting Thread

Post by KlenSeven »

Banpresto Shin Godzilla

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Since Banpresto's Shin has already been mentioned (absolutely betting that that'll be the winner), how about SHMA GMK? He's got some production issues, but what an amazing sculpt.
Last edited by Mechagigan on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Are we allowed to vote for 2 figures?
If so, I'd have to say the MMS Godzilla 2000 and the SH MonsterArts Special Color King Ghidorah.
If we're only allowed to vote for 1 I'd say the latter.

EDIT: Ignore this, vote recasted later on in thread after I learned I could vote for the first figure.
Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
:gigan:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

^ Wouldn't G2K fall under the reissue territory, though? Great figure, but maybe not
Last edited by Mechagigan on Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Mechagigan wrote:^ Wouldn't G2K fall under the reissue territory, though? Great figure, but maybe not qualified.
Yeah I wasn't too sure on that, that's why I put two down. I heard that they changed the scale around a bit, so perhaps that could count?
:gigan:

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

SHMA Godzilla 1954.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

SHMA GMK Godzilla
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Kamen Rider J can grow in size to fight large enemies, so Kamen Rider counts.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

SHMA GMK Godzilla

SHMA Shin Godzilla is right up there too.

Actually screw it, I'm voting for SHMA Shin Godzilla.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:SHMA GMK Godzilla

SHMA Shin Godzilla is right up there too.

Actually screw it, I'm voting for SHMA Shin Godzilla.
So many will disagree but SHMA Shin has my vote as well...
^This post in sexually offensive.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Xplus Legion Queen, Neca Hardship, Xplus Gigantic Godzilla 1962, Xplus Godzilla 1954 (train version), and Xplus Battra larva all deserve honorable mentions. However if I had to choose just one I'd have to pick the Xplus Legion. I don't have one myself but it's just such a gorgeous piece. It's even got articulation. I really wish I had one!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Grunkle Sans wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:^ Wouldn't G2K fall under the reissue territory, though? Great figure, but maybe not qualified.
Yeah I wasn't too sure on that, that's why I put two down. I heard that they changed the scale around a bit, so perhaps that could count?
Could work, but he's only a little bit smaller than the original...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The G2K is a reissue/repaint of the Memorial Box mold, so I think it can count as that figure hasn't been in production for over 10 years.

1 vote per user, please. Remember to put it in Bold!

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I think the X-Plus Shin Godzilla could be a candidate. It comes out in late December (which should be around now) though. We would have to go off of Japanese pictures, since I don't think any of us in the US will get him before New Year's.

The MMS Shin could be a candidate too. I'll wait until I have him in hand before choosing.
Last edited by Kaijunator on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kaijunator wrote:I think the X-Plus Shin Godzilla could be a candidate. It comes out in late December (which should be around now) though. We would have to go off of Japanese pictures, since I don't think any of us in the US will get him before New Year's.
If you don't already own the figure, I'm hard-pressed to say whether or not your vote counts. That's up to the community.

So, despite it being released in Japan in late December, if you don't have the figure in-hand to make a proper judgment then your vote does not count.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:I think the X-Plus Shin Godzilla could be a candidate. It comes out in late December (which should be around now) though. We would have to go off of Japanese pictures, since I don't think any of us in the US will get him before New Year's.
If you don't already own the figure, I'm hard-pressed to say whether or not your vote counts. That's up to the community.

So, despite it being released in Japan in late December, if you don't have the figure in-hand to make a proper judgment then your vote does not count.
That's why I hate late December releases.

I'll either vote for MMS Shin 4th form or NECA Hardship. Most likely the latter, but I'll wait until I have Shin in hand before voting.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

You mean the Neca Hardship you got for free? :sigh:
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

X-plus looks kind of off in the sculpt department imo. I actually feel the SHMA had a better sculpt.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Escobedo61
Yojimbo

Post by Escobedo61 »

My vote goes to the X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla 1962.