General Figure Questions Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Re: General Figure Questions Thread

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Darth Kiryu wrote:So I've been having issues with my Ultra-Act Taro's left wrist joint. The entire joint likes to pop out when I swap the hand. Today it finally broke when I was trying to swap hands (I've only been changing poses every few weeks or longer).

Pictures provided since they can explain quicker than I can in words:

Any suggestions on how I can fix this (if it's fixable?) Otherwise Taro is still pretty cheap so it's not that big of a deal if I have to buy a whole new figure.
That happened to my Sh Figuarts Sailor Moon. :(
It's basically the "you're fucked" sign.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Monstra wrote:
Darth Kiryu wrote:So I've been having issues with my Ultra-Act Taro's left wrist joint. The entire joint likes to pop out when I swap the hand. Today it finally broke when I was trying to swap hands (I've only been changing poses every few weeks or longer).

Pictures provided since they can explain quicker than I can in words:

Any suggestions on how I can fix this (if it's fixable?) Otherwise Taro is still pretty cheap so it's not that big of a deal if I have to buy a whole new figure.
You could use a small drill bit and drill a small hole that would fit a small screw. Screw in the screw a few turns and try pulling by the screw head to pop out the plastic piece that remains inside the wrist area.
Bumping this.

There was a similar method using magnets, but that information was lost in the old Ultra-Act thread, though I vaguely recall it being similar.

Food for future, always grip at the base of the wrist and hand to avoid the wrists snapping. It just can't be avoided sometimes. There could have been an air bubble in the joint, a small fracture and whatnot. Sorry that happened regardless.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Many ULTRA-ACTs I got over the years have had way too tight peg holes in their hands, so that it was super hard to force the hands on and off. After my 1st edition Ultraman featured the same breakage as shown above, I couldn't repair it to any even only halfway pleasant result and had to buy a new one. Ever after, when I noticed tight hand pegs, I carved the peg holes out a bit with a sharp knife to make it fit easier, but not too loose. Never had any breakage again ever since.
Size DOES matter!

BioDestroyer
GPN Volunteer

Post by BioDestroyer »

Wasn't quite sure where to ask this so here I am. Anyway, does anyone have the Super X II Model Kit 1/144 scale? I'm curious as to people's impressions on it. I had no idea it existed until I happened upon it the other day and it looked pretty sweet. It's pretty detailed at about 250 mm while also coming with a 120~mm maser tank. The Super X II also has interchangeable missiles and a nice stand. It also has a really nice fire mirror. Anyway, anyone here with some insight?

Here are some pictures for reference.
Spoiler:

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I do have Super X I in hopes of picking up an Xplus G'84, it will scale nicely with the 30cm line to make a fake Ric ☺ They are small though, 1:144 is N scale range. Maybe big as your palm of your hand. Mine didn't came with decals, it was a solid resin piece that just had to be painted. Gonna need extra thin brushes imo.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

If I were to get a pack of assorted Revoltech joints off ebay, would one of them fit an Ultra-Act wrist?