Monster Toy Spotlight #21 - Destoroyah

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
AWMGodzilla62
Interpol Agent

Monster Toy Spotlight #21 - Destoroyah

Postby AWMGodzilla62 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:00 pm

Regarded by some as Godzilla's most powerful foe, this week's spot light goes to the unused Kaiju, Bagan! I'll start off with pics of some from my collection. First off, the black and red Art Concept version:

Then here's the grey version from the Godzilla Movie Studio Tour CD-Rom:

Alright guys, lets see your Bagan figures!

What? You don't have figures of Bagan? How could you guys not have figures of the most powerful Godzilla foe?

Okay, this is a very late April fools joke. I originally wanted to post this on April 1st, but as you all know, the forums were down the entire day. :evil: While I considered waiting for next year, I had no idea if we would be still doing these by then, not to mention the most appropriate real candidate for this week's theme would have been likely taken. So without further delay, here's the real Monster of the Week, the monster we got in place of Bagan, Destoroyah! (PS I will change the topic's title once we had a laugh or two!)

Last edited by AWMGodzilla62 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Monster Toy Spotlight #21 - Bagan

Postby SpaceG92 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:17 pm

AWMGodzilla62 wrote:What? You don't have figures of Bagan? How could you guys not have figures of the most powerful Godzilla foe?

Do you have another one for sale ;) ? I'd LOVE to have a figure of the true Monster King.

OT: Marmit Monster Heaven - Vinyl Wars Destoroyah! This guys sculpt grows on you!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:17 pm

Can't wait for SHMA to give us Bagan :lol:

ebirahsmeg1
G-Grasper

Re: Monster Toy Spotlight #21 - Destoroyah

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:31 pm

I'll start this one off with the massive Marmit MH Destroyer:

GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Postby KlenSeven » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:36 am

X-Plus
Resized Image
Resized Image

Bandai High Grade
Resized Image
Resized Image

ebirahsmeg1
G-Grasper

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:05 am

Fresh Vinyl's / Richard Eso's Xplus "25cm" Destroyah review:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

G1985
G-Grasper

Postby G1985 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:13 am

AWMGodzilla62 wrote:Regarded by some as Godzilla's most powerful foe, this week's spot light goes to the unused Kaiju, Bagan! I'll start off with pics of some from my collection. First off, the black and red Art Concept version...Then here's the grey version from the Godzilla Movie Studio Tour CD-Rom...Alright guys, lets see your Bagan figures!

What? You don't have figures of Bagan? How could you guys not have figures of the most powerful Godzilla foe?

ROTFL! Brilliant opening! Does this count?
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:50 am

G1985 wrote:
AWMGodzilla62 wrote:Regarded by some as Godzilla's most powerful foe, this week's spot light goes to the unused Kaiju, Bagan! I'll start off with pics of some from my collection. First off, the black and red Art Concept version...Then here's the grey version from the Godzilla Movie Studio Tour CD-Rom...Alright guys, lets see your Bagan figures!

ROTFL! Brilliant opening! Does this count?
[pic=http://s.ecrater.com/stores/355123/55f9263b3262d_355123b.jpg]500x450

Or maybe this! :D

Seriously though I've been thinking of picking up the Bandai aggregate at some point since I don't have any Destoroyah figures.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ebirahsmeg1
G-Grasper

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:07 am

The SHMA figure:

Added in 3 hours 57 minutes 7 seconds:
Since this thread has been much slower than usual spotlight threads for some reason (odd, considering how popular alot of the Heisei kaiju like Destoroyah and SG are with newer members around here :?: ), I propose we leave this thread open an additional week before starting the next spotlight, if no one is opposed to that?

In the meantime, here's an online review of the SH Monster Arts Evolution Set:

Added in 1 hour 22 minutes 5 seconds:
Some online figure reviews from Super Unimportant Reviews:

SH Monster Arts Destoroyah

X-Plus 25cm Destoroyah

Ok, it's been 2 weeks now (this thread was particularly slow compared to normal threads, hence leaving it open the extra week), so it's now time to move on to Monster Spotlight #22.

As mentioned in the King Ghidorah spotlight thread, Leunames would be an awesome choice for a spotlight, so unless anyone objects, then Monster Toy Spotlight #22 is yours Leunames :g64:

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”