Monster Toy Spotlight #12 - SpaceGodzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KaijuZoo
Samurai

Re: Monster Toy Spotlight #12 - SpaceGodzilla

Postby KaijuZoo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:24 am

KlenSeven wrote:It seems more at home in the VP line with those legs.
l agree, it does have that VP look with the chunky legs and stunted crystals. I wonder if the design and creation was left to one of the VP sculptors?

But as the VP line is my favorite, I too kinda like it. I do have the nice glowie SpaceG in my collection.
Jonee
KaijuZoo Toys - Where the Monsters Live
http://www.kaijuzoo.com
KaijuZoo Gallery Slideshow
KaijuZoo Moving Sale
Kaijuzoo eBay Auctions
G-Fan "Dealer of the Month" - Summer 2005

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:53 am

I wish I still had my Trandmasters 10 inch figure from when I was 6. That poop was AMAZING!! I remember my cousin telling me about this Godzilla movie where he fights a SpaceGodzilla. Coincidentally, I was at TRU a few days later, and in the pile of roaring figures I see this crystal looking Godzilla and was like, "This must be it!!!!! It's SpaceGodzilla!" Ah, the memories. Now I'm going to go look for a SHMA SpaceGodzilla on Ebay.

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Postby SpaceG92 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:37 pm

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Not surprisingly, no one has posted what I consider to be one the worst Marmit Monster Heaven figures, the MH SpaceGodzilla:

http://clubtokyo.org/images/figures/mar ... SpaceG.jpg

I don't think I've ever come across anyone who owns this atrocity. X_X What's weird is that this figure came out in 2004 when Marmit was producing some of their best stuff, which makes this figure even more of a head-scatcher :? ....a Marmit Monster Heaven figure *should* have been jaw-dropping, not vomit-inducing....feel free to agree/disagree.

Marmit SpaceG is in sore need of a resculpt. However, I have a huge softspot for him (for some reason) and wouldn't mind proudly owning him and placing him on my self. Dunno why, maybe I got SpaceG on the brain.

Well, so far there haven't been any takers in regards to Spotlight #13, so if you or Castellan Zilla would like to take #13, then go for it!

Sorry, I got caught up in site/offsite things. CZ is a good choice, heh. Sorry about the delay.

Added in 4 hours 37 minutes 40 seconds:
I recently received the Vinyl Wars EX Spacegodzilla. While Marmit isn't everyone's thing and even then, their Space Godzilla requires a special kind of adorer. The Vinyl Wars EX release though, might draw in a larger crowd. While he retains the derp face and awkward legs or previous releases, the paint is really where this guy shines. A spectacular color way was introduced on the mold and it really fits the character well. While the sculpt may still put people off, the colors are definitely appealing and are even better up close and in person. Definitely worth looking into if your a fan of Spacegodzilla or like the color paring of blue and white ;)

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Postby KlenSeven » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 am

Here's a nice custom. I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out.
Resized Image Resized Image

godzilla1541
Futurian

Postby godzilla1541 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Image bandai SpaceGodzilla green tag almost mint condition

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”