The Official TK : Women vs your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Official TK : Women vs your Collection

Post by CheetoKamper »

Well with those posts now this may be the saddest thread on TK. -_-
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

CheetoKamper wrote:Well with those posts now this may be the saddest thread on TK. -_-
Lmao, I was thinking the same thing
Come on guys, drop the toys and pick up chix :lol:
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I work 3rd shift, ain't got no time for lovin. :P
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
CheetoKamper wrote:Well with those posts now this may be the saddest thread on TK. -_-
Nah, toys don't complain and are less expensive :P

(I hope my gf never reads this hahaha)
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Yeah actually after seeing the title of the thread a few times and the fact that it's even a thread in the first place, I'd say it was the saddest from the get go. Like do some of you guys actually think there's no women out there who don't mind a Godzilla collection? Those of you who would apparently put your love for Godzilla before your love for an actual human being are you honestly shocked that most women, and just people in general for that matter don't really take kindly to being second best to a collection of hunks of plastic or any other material made in the shape of a fictional movie character and his foes and whatnot because I mean look I get it they're worth money, in some cases a shit ton of money but at the end of the day, they're just things that sit on our shelves that are cool. I actually see my collection as a future investment for any kids I may have. I can sell parts of my collection to help put them through school, or sell some to help put them into that sport they love so much. But hey if you really want a Godzilla collection over a girlfriend, wife, etc. then go for it, just realize you can't do things with Godzilla toys you can do with a woman, just saying. ;)

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

My GF is totally onboard with me and my love for Godzilla! It's awesome. She has started watching the movies with me and even wants to take me to places where I can get more figures. She knows it's what makes me me and supports it 100%.

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

CheetoKamper wrote:Yeah actually after seeing the title of the thread a few times and the fact that it's even a thread in the first place, I'd say it was the saddest from the get go. Like do some of you guys actually think there's no women out there who don't mind a Godzilla collection? Those of you who would apparently put your love for Godzilla before your love for an actual human being are you honestly shocked that most women, and just people in general for that matter don't really take kindly to being second best to a collection of hunks of plastic or any other material made in the shape of a fictional movie character and his foes and whatnot because I mean look I get it they're worth money, in some cases a shit ton of money but at the end of the day, they're just things that sit on our shelves that are cool. I actually see my collection as a future investment for any kids I may have. I can sell parts of my collection to help put them through school, or sell some to help put them into that sport they love so much. But hey if you really want a Godzilla collection over a girlfriend, wife, etc. then go for it, just realize you can't do things with Godzilla toys you can do with a woman, just saying. ;)
Jesus, take a chill pill and learn to have a bit of fun. And if this isn't your idea of fun, then spare us your patronizing crap. As if anyone care about that bunch of tl;dr. Here's an idea: instead of buying more Godzilla toys with the excuse of "selling it later to help your kids", save that money for your hypothetical kids. Sheesh.
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Manticore wrote:
CheetoKamper wrote:Yeah actually after seeing the title of the thread a few times and the fact that it's even a thread in the first place, I'd say it was the saddest from the get go. Like do some of you guys actually think there's no women out there who don't mind a Godzilla collection? Those of you who would apparently put your love for Godzilla before your love for an actual human being are you honestly shocked that most women, and just people in general for that matter don't really take kindly to being second best to a collection of hunks of plastic or any other material made in the shape of a fictional movie character and his foes and whatnot because I mean look I get it they're worth money, in some cases a shit ton of money but at the end of the day, they're just things that sit on our shelves that are cool. I actually see my collection as a future investment for any kids I may have. I can sell parts of my collection to help put them through school, or sell some to help put them into that sport they love so much. But hey if you really want a Godzilla collection over a girlfriend, wife, etc. then go for it, just realize you can't do things with Godzilla toys you can do with a woman, just saying. ;)
Jesus, take a chill pill and learn to have a bit of fun. And if this isn't your idea of fun, then spare us your patronizing crap. As if anyone care about that bunch of tl;dr. Here's an idea: instead of buying more Godzilla toys with the excuse of "selling it later to help your kids", save that money for your hypothetical kids. Sheesh.
Shit, I musta really hit the mark to get you all riled up like that huh. I actually am doing that. I don't really actively add to my collection much at all save for when I go to G-Fest and even then I spend very little. I don't use that as an "excuse" to buy more I buy more because I think they're cool, but one day they'll have served their purpose so why not use them for something like that. But hey I'm really glad you're so concerned for my unborn kids, really it means a lot. :D

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I collect because I can. I don't spend my money on much else besides the essentials. Even then I usually only make big purchases during income tax season. I'm getting back a little over $1,200 and part of that is probably going toward Xplus Biollante. I don't have a girlfriend to spend money on or friends to spend money hanging out with so I spend my money on my figures, movies, and music.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I work 2nd shift and I collect because I enjoy it, I don't go make large purchases unless circumstances allow it. Another thing is I'm rather socially awkward (and that's an understatement) so I usually keep to myself so gfs are out of the equation as well
your source of self destruction

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

master_of_monsters wrote:I work 2nd shift and I collect because I enjoy it, I don't go make large purchases unless circumstances allow it. Another thing is I'm rather socially awkward (and that's an understatement) so I usually keep to myself so gfs are out of the equation as well
It's easy to break into the social circle; you just need the confidence and drive to do it. ;)
I did some community theater when I began high school, and it really helped me. Public speaking is a game to me now. You just learn to work with people and kind of go from there.
If I had to choose, I'd rather get out and have adventures then stay inside looking at some lifeless plastic models.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Creature22 wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:I work 2nd shift and I collect because i enjoy it, I don't go make large purchases unless circumstances allow it. Another thing is I'm rather socially awkward (and that's an understatement) so I usually keep to myself so gfs are out of the equation as well
It's easy to break into the social circle; you just need the confidence and drive to do it. ;)
I did some community theater when I began high school, and it really helped me. Public speaking is a game to me now. You just learn to work with people and kind of go from there.
If I had to choose, I'd rather get out and have adventures then stay inside looking at some lifeless plastic models.
It's not even a matter of cconfidence, I've been this way since I was a child. I moved around alot and never really rolled with the crowd (which made a large bullying magnet) as a result the eldest friends I have are kaiju because that was where I could find relation.
your source of self destruction

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

My wife is ok with my collecting... Up to a point. I just need to space it out. I once brought home 3 X Plus and a SHMA in a 3 day period and I got shit for it. "Well you got money to spend on toys but you didn't pay a little extra to the mortagage this month!" Oh God STFU woman. But the good news is she collects Monster High dolls so we both have a collecting itch. As long as I bring home a figure or two once a month it's ok. It's a balancing act. I've sold off 13 figures recently which has given me some breathing room. And I've stopped keeping the boxes for all my figures which took up major space. If you are going to keep a figure forever no reason to keep the box. I want to get all the X Plus re releases for 2016 so I'll keep you guys updated on all the potential shit I'm going to get in the next few months.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I collect because I can. I don't spend my money on much else besides the essentials. Even then I usually only make big purchases during income tax season. I'm getting back a little over $1,200 and part of that is probably going toward Xplus Biollante. I don't have a girlfriend to spend money on or friends to spend money hanging out with so I spend my money on my figures, movies, and music.
Its your money, use it when you need it! :huge:

ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

As long as the bills are paid the Mrs. is ok with me buying my toys. I just don't tell her how much they cost. If I buy a small toy I bring it inside. if it's a larger more expensive toy I normally hide it in the car until she's at work & I can sneak it into the garage. :g2k:

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

I'd sell off my collections and quit other hobbies I have if my wife had issues with it. Toys and hobbies are easily replaced, but it's near impossible to find a replacement for a good woman.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Any woman who would make you give up something you enjoy is not a good woman.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

My wife is a fan too and has bought me lots of kaiju stuff over the years. I got pretty lucky.
SAVE_US.GDZ

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

Castellan Zilla wrote:Any woman who would make you give up something you enjoy is not a good woman.
I disagree as relationships are about compromising, especially if your in love with said person. No material collections should ever hold a value that rivals two people in love. There are also MANY valid reasons why a loved one might make a person give up a material collection. Like for example rent, utility bills, insurance payment, saving money to buy a home, food, kids education & wellbeing, car payments, credit card payments so credit isn't ruined. That's just a few examples where it is justifiable, and those reasons wouldn't warrant calling a loved one a bad person.