S.H. Monsterarts Episode 6: Return of the Threadi

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Re: S.H. Monsterarts Episode 6: Return of the Threadi

Post by Godzilla2008 »

SpaceG92 wrote:Fact is Shin shouldn't have paint chips out of the box, let alone on areas that don't even rub upon assembly.
yes it a big problem, but for me it was two tiny spots, and mine is a "good" shin, so im sure the nightmare gets worse.

Added in 1 minute 44 seconds:
also, can the Shin next to the 2nd and 3rd forms be a meme, its too great.
My Mickey is ready to trill its way to victory

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Revoltechs rule. At least they don't come in 3 different pieces out of the box like some SHMAs
Anguirus did. Two of his legs were separate pieces and you had to put him together.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Revoltech look nice, but they're also annoyingly small and have really blatant articulation. SHMA beats them easily.

Scarlet Spider
Interpol Agent

Post by Scarlet Spider »

Tamashii wouldn't dare mess up Kamata-kun.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Scarlet Spider wrote:Tamashii wouldn't dare mess up Kamata-kun.
They will because they are HEARTLESS.

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

Scarlet Spider wrote:Tamashii wouldn't dare mess up Kamata-kun.
they must be the freshest memes, no matter what.

Added in 45 seconds:
Mechagigan wrote:Revoltech look nice, but they're also annoyingly small and have really blatant articulation. SHMA beats them easily.
Yeah, my Zinogre is tiny.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Mechagigan wrote:Revoltech look nice, but they're also annoyingly small and have really blatant articulation. SHMA beats them easily.
That's kind of the point. I love it when people deem this a negative when it's the whole point of the line. My Revoltech Deadpool can be put into some crazy ass poses, mimicking comic book covers. Not only that Revoltech joints are vastly superior in durability compared to SHMA.

Oh, and Revoltech can paint their figures.

Scarlet Spider
Interpol Agent

Post by Scarlet Spider »

I've been burned by Revoltech. Their Evangelions didn't look remotely close to what was in the promo pics and the joints on them didn't cooperate with the plastic molding. Robot Damashii was far better with articulation and accuracy. Other than Revoltech Gigan, I don't really care for the line anymore.

Mothra1961
Samurai

Post by Mothra1961 »

Well I just opened up my new BG, and all I have to say is, FUCK Tamashii!
The lower jaw is loose as fuck-it falls out when I try to open its mouth; tried to stick it back in, but the peg seems to be smaller than the hole, so no matter how hard I try, I can't secure it (normally you'd hear a pop/click if it fits, but mine just doesn't), so the lower jaw kinda just hangs in there by friction of the sculpt. I also notice chipped orange paints on its tail, and I haven't even touched it yet goddamnit Tamashii. :cry:

I will probably contact customer service and see what they can do. I hope it's just my luck, but I hadn't had any problems like this from Monsterarts before, and I have been supporting this line for a long time(have most of the figures minus a few).

Still a nice figure though, but I kinda wish that they would've used translucent parts on its tail instead of orange paint . :| Long before they announced the UBV, I had already had plans on painting my original BG's tail orange, but never got around to it. :lol:
Last edited by Mothra1961 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

Mothra1961 wrote:Well I just opened up my new BG, and all I have to say is, skreeonk Tamashii!
The lower jaw is loose as fuck-it falls out when I try to open its mouth; tried to stick it back in, but the peg seems to be smaller than the hole, so no matter how hard I try, I can't secure it (normally you'd hear a pop/click if it fits, but mine just doesn't), so the lower jaw kinda just hangs in there by friction of the sculpt. I also notice chipped orange paints on its tail, and I haven't even touched it yet goddamnit Tamashii. :cry:

I will probably contact customer service and see what they can do. I hope it's just my luck, but I hadn't had any problems like this from Monsterarts before, and I have been supporting this line for a long time(have most of the figures minus a few).
Sorry to hear that, hopefully you can get a new one?

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Scarlet Spider wrote:I've been burned by Revoltech. Their Evangelions didn't look remotely close to what was in the promo pics. Robot Damashii was far better with articulation and accuracy. Other than Revoltech Gigan, I don't really care for the line anymore.
Same applies to SHMA in it's current state, but people are buying them up like crack. Overall, I'd say Revoltech is a better line. Stoked for their Spiderman and Venom since Marvel Legends are garbage.

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
Scarlet Spider wrote:I've been burned by Revoltech. Their Evangelions didn't look remotely close to what was in the promo pics. Robot Damashii was far better with articulation and accuracy. Other than Revoltech Gigan, I don't really care for the line anymore.
Same applies to SHMA in it's current state, but people are buying them up like crack. Overall, I'd say Revoltech is a better line. Stoked for their Spiderman and Venom since Marvel Legends are garbage.
Yeah I at least want to get the Venom.

Added in 4 minutes 3 seconds:
and he's 6.88in too!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Easily? No. I've bought 6 Revoltechs and have had not one issue (can't say the same for SHMA). Paint, articulation, durability, all are great. Overall when SHMA is at the top of their game I'd say they beat out Revoltech but not by a whole lot.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Easily? No. I've bought 6 Revoltechs and have had not one issue (can't say the same for SHMA). Paint, articulation, durability, all are great. Overall when SHMA is at the top of their game I'd say they beat out Revoltech but not by a whole lot.
I only have one, but i'd say SHMA beats the one I have my a little bit (I have the Zinogre).

Scarlet Spider
Interpol Agent

Post by Scarlet Spider »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
Yes, but I'm only comparing Revoltech's Evas to Robot Damashii's. Besides, it's not like Revoltech will be doing the Godzilla series again anytime soon.

Mothra1961
Samurai

Post by Mothra1961 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Revoltech is quite nice, I don't have many but the ones I have I just love them.
SHMA hasn't been at the top of their game, for quite some time now. :lol:
and I blame the factory in China :roll:
Godzilla2008 wrote:Sorry to hear that, hopefully you can get a new one?
Thanks buddy! glad to see you're enjoying your Shin, at least one of us isn't fucked by Tamashii during Christmas. :lol:

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

Scarlet Spider wrote:
Castellan Zilla wrote:
Yes, but I'm only comparing Revoltech's Evas to Robot Damashii's. Besides, it's not like Revoltech will be doing the Godzilla series again anytime soon.
Well, you never know, Revoltech seems to have done all the monsters we want from SHMA, if people move away from SHMA, Revoltech might go back to it. Im sure they sold alot of thier figures due to what monsters they have done, and all SHMA is doing is repaints and Godzillas.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Godzilla2008 wrote:
Well, you never know, Revoltech seems to have done all the monsters we want from SHMA, if people move away from SHMA, Revoltech might go back to it. Im sure they sold alot of thier figures due to what monsters they have done, and all SHMA is doing is repaints and Godzillas.
Not gonna happen. Kaiyodo doesn't have the license anymore, not since SHMA popped up. Best we will get is probably Gamera reissues.

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
Godzilla2008 wrote:
Not gonna happen. Kaiyodo doesn't have the license anymore, not since SHMA popped up. Best we will get is probably Gamera reissues.
Aye, I see, well people are still going to leave SHMA. Where will they go? no one will know...

Mothra1961
Samurai

Post by Mothra1961 »

Godzilla2008 wrote:
Castellan Zilla wrote:
Godzilla2008 wrote:
Aye, I see, well people are still going to leave SHMA. Where will they go? no one will know...
Not with MG74 around the corner. :lol: I still have two repaint preorders (SuperMG and Destroyah), and I can't cancel them, so I'm worried af how they will turn out; if they fuck up these two, I'm not preordering shit from p-bandai ever again :evil: I will just wait for reviews and see if any figure is worth purchasing.