S.H. Monsterarts Episode 6: Return of the Threadi

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: S.H. Monsterarts Episode 6: Return of the Threadi

Post by Spuro »

^ G54's face in that image. XD

Thanks for that. He looks so joyful.

Edit: Well slap my titties and call me Kamata-kun, new page'd...
Last edited by Spuro on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Scarlet Spider
Interpol Agent

Post by Scarlet Spider »

I love Zion's pics so much. I hope he finishes his custom 2014 someday.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

SpaceG92 wrote:Image
Die Quelle.

Can't unsee that ever again.

Added in 6 minutes 38 seconds:
OH GOD IT GETS WORSE!
It's a new page so quoting this image should be ok(sorry if it isn't). Oh god why did you do this to me now I have to bleach my eyes

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Godzilla1541 wrote: It's a new page so quoting this image should be ok(sorry if it isn't). Oh god why did you do this to me now I have to bleach my eyes
That would be correct. Your fine.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Finally got my Shin Godzilla in. I really do like it. Photos were taken right out of the box on a Galaxy Note5.

https://www.facebook.com/SHMA.tASeries/ ... 2389474444

Last edited by Naruto65 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I can't tell if Godzilla Junior is a chestburster or a baby kangaroo but either way: O_O
Anyway, I just got G2K Special Color because on Christmas Eve we get to open a couple gifts, and he seems pretty good! The tongue being able to move is especially neato but seems fragile. The torso seems a bit hard to move, especially at that joint going into the hips. I don't wanna be too rough with it so I've just got it in a neutral pose right now. Any parts on it that are specifically fragile?
:gigan:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Naruto65 wrote:
goji89 wrote:But it is. Since the line began we(I) have seen what they can do and like SpaceG92 said they haven't fixed it.....Why?
Because in an effort to save some coin in production costs, a change in factories for SHMA happened. This happened a while back, when Alien and Predator figures were created by Tamashii and hasn't changed since.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Naruto65 wrote:
goji89 wrote:But it is. Since the line began we(I) have seen what they can do and like SpaceG92 said they haven't fixed it.....Why?
Because in an effort to save some coin in production costs, a change in factories for SHMA happened. This happened a while back, when Alien and Predator figures were created by Tamashii and hasn't changed since.
Oh, so since the Aliens and Predators failed miserably, I take it Tamashii wanted to infect the rest of the SHMA line?
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

yeah i remember being excited for the predator but then i saw the face paint and it became a hard pass

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

How much shelf space does Shin take? I dont know if I have enough on my first row, I have Rebirth, Kiryu, Destroyah, and 54. Would I be able to sqeeze him on to a 27 in shelf, I think theres about 11 in of space left. Im wondering because only my top two shelves have LED lights in.
My Mickey is ready to trill its way to victory

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Depends on how you'll have the tail. Mine is currently extended back but I also had him standing with it as though firing the tail beam above his head. I have him on a shelf with GMK, G2K, 89, 64, 54, and Junior and everyone fits just fine. They're mostly neutral poses though but I think he'll fit fine with your figures.

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

Darth Kiryu wrote:Depends on how you'll have the tail. Mine is currently extended back but I also had him standing with it as though firing the tail beam above his head. I have him on a shelf with GMK, G2K, 89, 64, 54, and Junior and everyone fits just fine. They're mostly neutral poses though but I think he'll fit fine with your figures.
ok thanks! Hopefully I wont have to move anything around.

Added in 38 minutes 39 seconds:
I find it weird that revoltechs just kinda let their joints hang out.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Godzilla2008 wrote:
Darth Kiryu wrote:Depends on how you'll have the tail. Mine is currently extended back but I also had him standing with it as though firing the tail beam above his head. I have him on a shelf with GMK, G2K, 89, 64, 54, and Junior and everyone fits just fine. They're mostly neutral poses though but I think he'll fit fine with your figures.

Revoltechs rule. At least they don't come in 3 different pieces out of the box like some SHMAs
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Godzilla2008 wrote:

Revoltechs rule. At least they don't come in 3 different pieces out of the box like some SHMAs
:lol: yeah, Im thinking of getting the Revoltech Venom after I get my 2nd and 3rd forms.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I kind of want Ultimate BG but after Shin and seeing the two above pics I'm definetly cautious about buying anything else. I got extremely lucky with my GMK and it was flawless aside from the short lower jaw.

I'm holding out that the MGs will save this line, as it's almost impossible to fuck up a paint job as simple as silver.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Breakdown wrote:I'm holding out that the MGs will save this line, as it's almost impossible to fuck up a paint job as simple as silver.
You fool! You've jinxed us all!
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

TheMariobros17
Interpol Agent

Post by TheMariobros17 »

Ehh. I doubt the MGs will save the line. Quality Control simply does not exist in this line anymore -_- Believe me I know I sound like a downer right now. But after buying Shin. Yeah...
I maybe called TheMariobros17 on here but I am now known as everywhere else, Super Mariozilla!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCbn_ ... 426S5Y90NA
Resized Image

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

I don't think they are going to necessarily "save" the line, but as it was said before, they will be more of the deciding factor to weather the line is... I guess done or something, I don't exactly know how to word this.
This is the beginning of the end.

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

Dare I say it? Shin... is my new favorite figure, after two quick touch ups that is. I had two minor, and I mean REALLY minor paint chips, but I easily fixed that. I really underestimated the tail, like my Mickeys, its huge!

Added in 10 minutes 10 seconds:
I think forms 2 and 3 will be pretty important in the future of this line, I mean, if they can get them right (big "if") it will show that they at least can do something right thats similar to Shin. They have always gotten the Mechas right, at least from what ive seen and my Kiryu, so I think its already clear they can do that right. But if they forms are messed up, I think its even more of a problem than Shin was.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Fact is Shin shouldn't have paint chips out of the box, let alone on areas that don't even rub upon assembly.