S.H. Monsterarts Episode 6: Return of the Threadi

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Re: S.H. Monsterarts Episode 6: Return of the Threadi

Post by godzillafan1954 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:It's not even the word filter, I have that turned off and I still see it.

godzillafan1954 wrote: :ninja:
-aaand?

Anymore context to this post man :| You should be a bit more descriptive :P
I used skreeonk instead of the unsugercoated word.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Looks a little off, but considering how much other super-articulated Burning Godzillas go for these days, I'm willing to err on the side of Ultimate BG here.

That doesn't mean the poor QC complaints are out of line, but I'm a little more forgiving on this kind of stuff. Your mileage may vary.

NateZilla10000
Monsterland Worker

Post by NateZilla10000 »

I'm quite surprised that people are honestly expecting a perfect figure from figure to figure.

Im sorry but when has it EVER been like that? Whatever the line, whatever the figure, there will be screw ups. We get em with MonsterArts figures, we get em with NECA figures, we get em with FiguArts figures, we get em with Vinyl figures, we get em with X-Plus figures, etc. etc. etc.

There is no such thing as a perfect figure. Period. Stop expecting it, if there's a high price point. It aint gonna happen. Never has, never will.

You guys see one picture of a gumline on a single burning goji and instantly call it a fail. X)

Calm down.

And remember. The plastic they use on Burning Goji is translucent. Any lighting from a side source is gonna make light pass differently through it. Those leg shots show Burning Goji slanted from the side with a shadow over one of his legs. Of course they're gonna show up different.

Let's wait until more pictures of the guy show up before making a final judgement of fail or win or a mix, shall we? It could very well be another screw up, but it could also be generally an acceptable figure. Let's wait for more photos of more figures before we make that call instead of freaking out over a single QC issue from one figure.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

NateZilla10000 wrote:I'm quite surprised that people are honestly expecting a perfect figure from figure to figure.
I'm expecting them to look like whats plastered all over the box - Yes. Nothing wrong with that.
NateZilla10000 wrote:Im sorry but when has it EVER been like that?
Yeah - early MA were fairly consistent paint wise.
NateZilla10000 wrote:Whatever the line, whatever the figure, there will be screw ups.
This is true. Unless your MonsterArts, see below;
NateZilla10000 wrote:We get em with MonsterArts figures,
Except MonsterArts the were the paint fuck ups are the normal and the "good ones" are far and few inbetween!

NateZilla10000 wrote:There is no such thing as a perfect figure. Period. Stop expecting it, if there's a high price point. It aint gonna happen. Never has, never will.
Ultra DX Line - Tyrant. Absolutely perfect - matched the promotional to a T. Paint is where it should be and was advertised. Price? Under 18 @time of release. Why is it Bandai's children toy line can get shit right while a 120 collectors line cannot?
NateZilla10000 wrote:You guys see one picture of a gumline on a single burning goji and instantly call it a fail. X)
Except its not just 1...

NateZilla10000 wrote:And remember. The plastic they use on Burning Goji is translucent. Any lighting from a side source is gonna make light pass differently through it. Those leg shots show Burning Goji slanted from the side with a shadow over one of his legs. Of course they're gonna show up different.

You're assuming we (I) haven't seen a full on lighting shot with a lamp behind and the leg still looks like ass.

NateZilla10000 wrote:Let's wait until more pictures of the guy show up before making a final judgement of fail or win or a mix, shall we?
Good point - regardless though whether win or fail. Tamashii's MonsterArts releases are going down hill fast
NateZilla10000 wrote:Let's wait for more photos of more figures before we make that call instead of freaking out over a single QC issue from one figure.
Lol a single Q/C error that has been solid since every other release in the line that should be fixed by now but isn't?

NateZilla10000
Monsterland Worker

Post by NateZilla10000 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Lol a single Q/C error that has been solid since every other release in the line that should be fixed by now but isn't?
Look I didn't mean to come across as aggressive. I'm just saying we should wait a little bit before claiming the new burning goji is an absolute miss.

I'm not denying Tamashii is in a rut at the present time, producing more QC issues than usual. I aint happy about it either and I expect more from them.

But to instantly deem a new release a miss from just a few initial pics is a bit much. Remember how we all got terrified with King Ghidorah SCV when news broke out about his wing issue not entirely being fixed, and yet we all agree he's a better release than the original and there haven't been many cases at all of the wings snapping?

Let's just wait and see. That's all Im trying to say.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

But it is. Since the line began we(I) have seen what they can do and like SpaceG92 said they haven't fixed it.....Why?

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

How good is the Godzilla effects set 2? Worth the price?
:gigan:

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Grunkle Sans wrote:How good is the Godzilla effects set 2? Worth the price?
Depends on how much you want the beam and the buildings. IMO 30 MAX, but I wouldn't spend more than MSRP.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:How good is the Godzilla effects set 2? Worth the price?
Depends on how much you want the beam and the buildings. IMO 30 MAX, but I wouldn't spend more than MSRP.
Yeah, I really want those beam effects. I might get it for Christmas but I have no idea what my parents have planned so I guess I'll wait and see.
:gigan:

Moonknightspect
GPN Volunteer

Post by Moonknightspect »

Hey everyone quick question, are the wings on the king ghidorah special color version better then the original release? Is the joint different or made of better materials?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Moonknightspect wrote:Hey everyone quick question, are the wings on the king ghidorah special color version better then the original release? Is the joint different or made of better materials?
Yes, the joints have been improved and are much more durable than the original release.

NateZilla10000
Monsterland Worker

Post by NateZilla10000 »

Moonknightspect wrote:Hey everyone quick question, are the wings on the king ghidorah special color version better then the original release? Is the joint different or made of better materials?
Yeah, the plastics used for the SVC Ghidorah were harder than the last release, giving a stronger joint.

But, the joint itself remains unchanged.

So while the problem was addressed, it wasn't fully solved. It's still a smart idea to grip the wings by the base and move them with care.

goji89 wrote:But it is. Since the line began we(I) have seen what they can do and like SpaceG92 said they haven't fixed it.....Why?
While we may never know the true case, if I had to guess, I'd go with costs.

Tamashii isnt the only one facing a rut at the present time. Japan's entire economy has suffered in the last couple years; the value of the Japanese Yen dropping significantly. This hurts everything there. And no, I don't blame the lines decline entirely on that, but it represents an aspect of it. Another would probably be the amount of repaints and web exclusives that are being released. Wider releases cost more to produce for, but make more money in return. The amount of Web Exclusives and lack of wide releases is a telling sign that Tamashii may be trying to salvage some extra funds that they don't have to support a wider agenda, especially because of the paint slacking recently. The number one thing this line is known for is highly detailed and highly articulated figures. If anything is the first to go, it's gonna be the paint.

Again, there's probably more aspects playing in here (possibly even a factor of Tamashii donating more attention to the more widely successful S.H. FiguArts line, as that one has waaaaaaay more licenses. Ultraman, Pokemon, Star Wars, lots of em), but if I had to guess, costs is a big one hampering the MonsterArts division down.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I wonder if Monsterarts figures cost Bandai more money to make than their figuarts line?

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I'm honestly surprised on how monsterarts hasn't dissolved into figuarts by now
your source of self destruction

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

goji89 wrote:But it is. Since the line began we(I) have seen what they can do and like SpaceG92 said they haven't fixed it.....Why?
Because in an effort to save some coin in production costs, a change in factories for SHMA happened. This happened a while back, when Alien and Predator figures were created by Tamashii and hasn't changed since.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Naruto65 wrote:
Because in an effort to save some coin in production costs, a change in factories for SHMA happened. This happened a while back, when Alien and Predator figures were created by Tamashii and hasn't changed since.
Well damn, that explains a lot. Thanks for that....But does this mean I can't bitch about this now....?? Oh dear God Nooooo!!!!

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

Naruto65 wrote:
That makes perfect since, cause wasn't G2016 the next release and didn't that mark the start of major problems?
This is the beginning of the end.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:
That makes perfect since, cause wasn't G2016 the next release and didn't that mark the start of major problems?
I assume you typo'd and meant Godzilla 2014.

If so, a handful of releases where before G14 and after AvP figures. Which imo, where mixed.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

SpaceG92 wrote:
BARAGONZILLA wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:
I assume you typo'd and meant Godzilla 2014.

If so, a handful of releases where before G14 and after AvP figures. Which imo, where mixed.
Yeah... whoops. :oops:
This is the beginning of the end.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Die Quelle.

Can't unsee that ever again.

Added in 6 minutes 38 seconds:
OH GOD IT GETS WORSE!