Funko Godzilla Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Re: Funko Godzilla Figures Thread

Post by GFAN198423 »

Kong has a few scars, face, chest, back.

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

A new and exclusive Funko Pop Godzilla figure has been announced.

Added in 1 month 9 days 4 hours 56 minutes 30 seconds:

See the mystery figures revealed in the Godzilla Funko Mystery Minis 3-Packs! Watch in our video.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

i have the ghost, burning, black and white, and normal godzillas so im happy... a shin pop would be cool tho, we will probably get new pops for G2 when it comes out

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I have the regular one. I'd like the Burning Godzilla but last time I looked prices were insane.

GMK Funko is sort of tempting.

A Shin Funko would be really cool, especially if they could turn the hands around so they're facing up. I'd take another repaint in the Shin style, but the palm of his hands have to face up to be Shin.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

How popular are POPs in Japan? I’d love to see more general kaiju releases. Imagine a Ghidorah POP.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Are the spines purple on that POP or am I losing my mind? What version is that even meant to be? Millennium?
:gigan:

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

the one with white eyes? I'd assumed it was GMK.

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

We review the Godzilla Funko Pop BAM Exclusive vinyl figure: don't buy it! It's terrible!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

aw man, that looks pretty awful. So sloppy.

I have the regular/normal one and like it a lot. Shame this one looks so sloppy. I was hoping it was a GMK as well.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I have the regular one. I'd like the Burning Godzilla but last time I looked prices were insane.

GMK Funko is sort of tempting.

A Shin Funko would be really cool, especially if they could turn the hands around so they're facing up. I'd take another repaint in the Shin style, but the palm of his hands have to face up to be Shin.
i really think shin would need a new sculpt

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

sure, but 'as is', the figure is so generic that just a red/black paint job would do it too.

ideally yeah it would be cool if the figure were on its toes and the palms were facing up to be all 'Shin like',..but even just a Shin style coloring scheme would be pretty neat.

I still think the first 'regular' looking Funko Godzilla is the best one.

Burning is very cool, but most of the repaints look really stingy and cheap compared to the original.

And that BAM exclusive looks like the worst/cheapest one yet.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Here's my review of the Mystery Minis 3-Pack!

ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:sure, but 'as is', the figure is so generic that just a red/black paint job would do it too.

ideally yeah it would be cool if the figure were on its toes and the palms were facing up to be all 'Shin like',..but even just a Shin style coloring scheme would be pretty neat.

I still think the first 'regular' looking Funko Godzilla is the best one.

Burning is very cool, but most of the repaints look really stingy and cheap compared to the original.

And that BAM exclusive looks like the worst/cheapest one yet.
I love my ghost zilla

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just realized, we will probably be getting Funko Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan for KoTM. I am... happy lol.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

It would be nice, hopefully, but we didn’t even get Godzilla 2014, though we did get Kong, time will tell I suppose.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Bumping this thread because according to some people in the kaiju Facebook groups I’m on, we’re getting Singular Point Funko Pops this fall:

Mei with Pelops II
Godzilla
Godzilla Ultima (GW)

Not really sure why there’s two separate Godzilla releases or what “GW” means for Ultima but it’s there.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:35 pm Bumping this thread because according to some people in the kaiju Facebook groups I’m on, we’re getting Singular Point Funko Pops this fall:

Mei with Pelops II
Godzilla
Godzilla Ultima (GW)

Not really sure why there’s two separate Godzilla releases or what “GW” means for Ultima but it’s there.
Can confirm that my local shop has these up for pre-order!
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Strange that Funko is making all these new Godzilla figures now, between this and their Mothra.

I'm interested in Mei, but its tough to follow up the Nendos. And I'm not even talking about the articulation, accessories, or stark price difference, but just the sheer design aspect; Nendos look so much cuter than POPs, IMO. But I like Mei, so I'm all for another figure of her.

batzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by batzilla »

Apparently new Godzilla funko pops are coming this year for the 70th anniversary.

Godzilla 1954
Godzilla 1984 (w/chase)
Godzilla 1999
Godzilla 2016
Poster Pop-Godzilla vs. Mothra

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/C2LTR7gJaoV ... 8wazllaQ==

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I don’t love funko pops. Heck, I don’t even like them to be honest. But I will admit the 1984 one and the 1992 poster version have at least piqued my curiosity.