Funko Godzilla Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Funko Godzilla Figures Thread

Post by G1985 »

Starsteam has posted a list of Funko POP! figures that are due through the end of the year, and there was a 6" Godzilla listed second from the top. It's due August 31st, according to the list. Consider this the "official thread" to capture images of the upcoming figure!

Last edited by gigan72 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made into a general brand thread

Moth
G-Grasper

Re: Funko POP! Godzilla bobble head thread

Post by Moth »

Fully expecting a reveal during SDCC,
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Oh, cool. I've been wanting to start collecting some of these figures, and this is pretty much the ideal place to start, assuming the figure turns out well. I wonder what incarnation they'll go with. Legendary Godzilla is by far the most likely option, of course, but I guess there's a chance they may do the Heisei version, or something. Regardless, I hope this thing sells well. Maybe Funko would be willing to make a few more G incarnations, or even other big-name kaiju, if it does.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

Apologies for bumping this with no news, but supposedly this comes out at the end of the month and I can't find any official images from it anywhere. I've only collected a few Funko figures (more their ReAction figures than their POP Vinyls), but does anyone know if this is typical of their releases? Or their GameStop exclusives, at any rate?

Has anyone here pre-ordered it? I'm on the fence since I'm not sure I want to just buy it without having any clue what it looks like.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

There are pre-orders? All I remember was a list with Godzilla on it.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

gigan72 wrote:There are pre-orders? All I remember was a list with Godzilla on it.
That list (which is the same one at the top of this thread) is a pre-order list for GameStop. Or so I am given to understand.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:That list (which is the same one at the top of this thread) is a pre-order list for GameStop. Or so I am given to understand.
Ah, interesting. I'm not exactly sure, but I think this Godzilla may have been delayed. I don't think it would takethis long to see images of the figure.
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
gigan72 wrote:There are pre-orders? All I remember was a list with Godzilla on it.
That list (which is the same one at the top of this thread) is a pre-order list for GameStop. Or so I am given to understand.
Given that the figure isn't listed on Gamestop.com, I have to conclude that pre-orders are being taken at individual stores. I know my store keeps a binder at the register of various "coming soon" items that can be preordered, but it's never occurred to me to check it for this Godzilla figure.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

How do we know if its a bobble head?
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:How do we know if its a bobble head?
It is a Funko POP! item, which are pretty mainly bobble heads. I don't think many aren't bobble heads.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I have an MLP one and 3 of the X-Files ones. They aren't really bobble heads. They are stylized like one, with the whole Chibi look, but its just a giant swivel joint pretty much. You can make them look side to side pretty much. I don't own a bigger "Deluxe" version, but I think its mainly the same, just bigger sculpt and detail.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

SpaceG92 wrote:I have an MLP one and 3 of the X-Files ones. They aren't really bobble heads. They are stylized like one, with the whole Chibi look, but its just a giant swivel joint pretty much. You can make them look side to side pretty much. I don't own a bigger "Deluxe" version, but I think its mainly the same, just bigger sculpt and detail.
I have only two- a Boba Fett (bobble) and a Lemongrab (swivel joint).
Maybe they're ditched the bobble heads? I haven't been keeping up with any of their things.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

gigan72 wrote:
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:How do we know if its a bobble head?
It is a Funko POP! item, which are pretty mainly bobble heads. I don't think many aren't bobble heads.
I have four - Batman Beyond, Spider-Man 2099, Captain America and Iron Man - and Batman Beyond is the only one that isn't a bobble.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Most Pops aren't bobbleheads, they're just large chibis that don't move. I have 9 of them, and only 2 of them are bobbleheads. I think most of the Star Wars and Marvel ones are bobbleheads though.

Gamestop got pre-orders for the NECA Godzilla body-knocker months before anyone else did, and they said it would be in stock in January '15 but they didn't get any in until May. This could be a similar case.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Starsteam wrote:Most Pops aren't bobbleheads, they're just large chibis that don't move. I have 9 of them, and only 2 of them are bobbleheads. I think most of the Star Wars and Marvel ones are bobbleheads though.
Yeah, I have the Slimer and Ash Funko POP vinyls and they aren't Bobbleheads and neither is the Garrus I bought for my girlfriend, but the Baby Groot that I also bought for her is a Bobblehead.
Starsteam wrote:Gamestop got pre-orders for the NECA Godzilla body-knocker months before anyone else did, and they said it would be in stock in January '15 but they didn't get any in until May. This could be a similar case.
That's disappointing, if so. Although, in my experience, Funko sticks a lot closer to announced release dates than NECA. Their Jaws ReAction figures said July and I got my Entertainment Earth pre-order of the shark figure in the beginning of July. (Of course, I'm having to exchange it now because I got one with a messed-up jaw, but that's neither here nor there.) Of course, maybe that's different when they work with GameStop.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Toy Wiz has the figure up for pre-order, so Game Stop will not be the only ones to have it.
http://www.toywiz.com/funkopopgodzilla. ... gQodnuAJAQ

Credit goes to RandomDeinonychus, who PMed me to post it.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Bummer, still no image of the dang thing.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Castellan Zilla wrote:Bummer, still no image of the dang thing.
Yeah, and we still don't even know for sure which Godzilla it will be. The logo on ToyWiz is for the 2014 film, but that could just be a random placeholder.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Well, it's not much of an update, but I stopped off in a GameStop last night. I asked about the Godzilla pre-order and all they could tell me is that A) they're offering it for $17, B) it is set to release in November, and C) it's not available for pre-order.

I suppose it could just be that location's information and not true across the board, but that fits with the pre-order info from ToyWiz where it's listed as November. So it sure seems that it definitely is not coming in August as originally listed.

Now if we could just see a picture of it.

ABB Gamma
GPN Volunteer

Post by ABB Gamma »

It's been unveiled at the GameStop Expo!

Resized Image

That's a smile I feel I can trust.
Last edited by ABB Gamma on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.