Funko Godzilla Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Re: Funko Godzilla Figures Thread

Post by ILL GREEN »

It does say "customize" exclusive. Makes me wonder if they took a few of the standards and spray painted them in gold.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Finally got one of these today, the standard green one, I love it, the store had two of the burning ones also but don't really like how that one looks.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Funko just released a teaser of a really rough proto of their newest Godzilla figure...

I..I can't even describe it..
Godzilla

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

g2vd wrote:Funko just released a teaser of a really rough proto of their newest Godzilla figure...

https://i.imgflip.com/xzj4h.jpg

...Barney?

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

g2vd wrote:Funko just released a teaser of a really rough proto of their newest Godzilla figure...

https://i.imgflip.com/xzj4h.jpg

What fresh Hell is this...
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

Wtf is that? Seriously.
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

That looks like a fan paint job to me. Note the hand-painted signature sticker.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

New Ultra Pops

Presented by Toy Tokyo at Play Fair, so I guess that confirms TT will be selling them.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

I hope Funko makes more Godzilla figures. I'd love for them to make POP! figures of MechaGodzilla, SpaceGodzilla, and Destoroyah.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Starsteam wrote:New Ultra Pops

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=576C85B5
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=572EA2ED

Presented by Toy Tokyo at Play Fair, so I guess that confirms TT will be selling them.
My list of things to buy is getting bigger.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Curious, wonder if it'll be other Godzilla series kaiju or variations of Godzilla. I just hope new sculpts and not just paint variants.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

It's probably way too early for them to be showing any more Godzilla Pops at Toy Fair, but recently they had a contest on their Facebook page to win a free Godzilla Pop and contestats werea dvsied to comment with which monster from the Godzilla series they should make next. So I think it's clear they have plans for more than just Godzilla.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

GFAN198423 wrote:Curious, wonder if it'll be other Godzilla series kaiju or variations of Godzilla. I just hope new sculpts and not just paint variants.
I wouldn't be surprised if its just another paint variant (they LOVE them) but if not I expect G14, KG, or MG. Seems like the more reasonable monsters in my opinion.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'd love to see a Funko take on the G14 design. Their style is so unique I'd be curious to see their take on Zills even though I wouldn't buy it.

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

I love my Pop Godzilla figure. Anymore from Funko, such as MechaG, King Ghidorah, Gigan, Rodan, etc., would be more than welcome. If they do do more paint variants, I hope they produce more Hikaris as they are extremely hard to find.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don't think we'll see different suit designs from Funko. The design in their initial figure is a generic Godzilla design. Maybe a G2014, but don't expect 1962, 2003, or anything like that.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

I'm hoping we'll get some other kaiju (Gigan FTW) but I could see them doing a G14 because of how easily separated his design is. I wouldn't be surprised if the next kaiju we saw from them was Ghidorah, actually.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

Huh. I'll be surprised if they show a new kaiju other than Godzilla. If NECA didn't bother, why would they?
I know POP! Vinyls and articulated figures are different things, but even then...
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Manticore wrote:Huh. I'll be surprised if they show a new kaiju other than Godzilla. If NECA didn't bother, why would they?
I know POP! Vinyls and articulated figures are different things, but even then...
Yeah, because just like NECA, no other toy companies have ever expressed an interest in doing monsters besides Godzilla.

NECA had their reasons for deciding it was only worth licensing Godzilla and not any of his other monster friends and foes, which I can't speak to--could have been that they thought only Godzilla would sell, could be that they wanted to do as many Godzilla variations as possible and only Godzilla.

Funko is not bound by the same lines of thought and they already did a generic Godzilla in their Pop, Mystery Mini, and Hikari lines (with a couple burning variants, even). So, unless they're going to do both American Godzillas (which would be kind of awesome, but I doubt that they'd take the risk on Zilla), which have designs different enough to justify new figures, the only possibility is that they intend to do other kaiju--and, in fact, more than one of their posts on social media have heavily implied that they intend to.

I, for one, think it's highly likely that they will do at least a Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah. Beyond that, I can't guess, though I'd love an Anguirus and Gigan.