Is this website reliable?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Is this website reliable?

Post by Kaijunator »

We've all come across good deals on figures on a website other than Amazon, eBay, AmiAmi, etc. Sometimes, the site ends up being a fraud, but sometimes you get your figure. I made this so if you want to know if a site is safe, you can ask here. I have two sites that want to know if they're safe.

This site has a few good deals for figures that I'm eyeing.
I've spied a ton of good deals, but I'm not comfortable with ordering directly from somebody else.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

In30SecondsTime
Young Farmer

Re: Is this website reliable?

Post by In30SecondsTime »

Certainly can't blame you for being a little cautious over unfamiliar sites, I tend to be the same way. Regarding Showcase Daikaiju though, I ordered some HG figures from them a few months ago and didn't have any problems. From that experience they seem to be a quality and legit vendor. If it helps as further confirmation, I think they will also be at G-Fest this year.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Showcase Daikaiju is safe. It's run by Sean Linkenback who is a very experience and knowledgeable seller. He is the author of the "An Unauthorized Guide to Godzilla Collectibles" and his most recent book "The Art of Japanese Monsters" (SC available on Amazon). Picture of HC:

A lot of old time collectors will remember Sean from running Showcase Collectibles (the catalog on the left).

:D

Skreeonk! site is run by Jon Bumpus. The Kaiju Fan Marketplace section is a bunch of different sellers advertising on the Skreeonk! site. Any items with seller as Jon @ UnCanny is Jon Bumpus and he is a very reliable seller.

:D

Vinyl Kaiju Legion. This is another site some may be interested. Run by James Osborne. Another reliable seller.
http://www.kaijulegion.com/
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

God I miss Club Daikaiju! Got my first Bandais through them, Orga and Godzilla 2000.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Kaiju no Mura's info is accurate. And I'd add that Linkenback has, in my observations, prices often on par with or noticeably lower than other dealers in addition to giving you detailed information about the condition of items.

As for Skreeonk, Jon is reliable, but the rest of the site is basically listings from other collectors, so the reliability will vary from person to person. I'm sure most of them are pretty good, though, and I've sold things there, so I'd recommend it.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Holy crap, I was wondering what happened to Showcase. Glad to see they're still technically in business after all these years.

And they've got some sweet deals on figures I've been eyeing to get at G-FEST this year. Hopefully they'll be there.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Yes. It is a trustworthy seller. They will be getting a very limited micro run Max Toy Co Kaiju Axron exclusive soon.

This character but a different paint job. Made in Japan and hand painted by Mark Nagata.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I want to urge people to be careful who you deal with when it comes to Vinyl Kaiju Legion or any other site or group run by those admins. Specifically, beware a seller named Joshua Hoskins, who has ripped off several people I know and has threatened others.

Buyer beware.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Legion1979 wrote:I want to urge people to be careful who you deal with when it comes to Vinyl Kaiju Legion or any other site or group run by those admins. Specifically, beware a seller named Joshua Hoskins, who has ripped off several people I know and has threatened others.

Buyer beware.
Woah, woah, woah, threatened? Like, what kind of threats?

Kaiju Legion is run by James Osborne, correct? I just don't want to get ripped off and/or threatened. They got some sweet deals on some figures I've been wanting and I want to get my figure that I order, not some knockoff or different figure.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Kaijunator wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:I want to urge people to be careful who you deal with when it comes to Vinyl Kaiju Legion or any other site or group run by those admins. Specifically, beware a seller named Joshua Hoskins, who has ripped off several people I know and has threatened others.

Buyer beware.
Woah, woah, woah, threatened? Like, what kind of threats?

Kaiju Legion is run by James Osborne, correct? I just don't want to get ripped off and/or threatened. They got some sweet deals on some figures I've been wanting and I want to get my figure that I order, not some knockoff or different figure.

Just to clarify. Legion1979 is speaking about the Facebook forum group Vinyl Kaiju Legion which James Osborne is the owner of the group. He's just saying buyer beware if Joshua Hoskins is offering sales on the Vinyl Kaiju Legion Facebook forum group or any of the other Facebook groups that he may belong to.

James also runs the Kaiju Legion online shop which to my knowledge has nothing to Joshua Hoskins. Contact James directly if you are concern.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Pretty sure question has been answered, but I'll give it until tomorrow for any final words. Otherwise, I shall lock it up!
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

JamesOsbornr
Young Farmer

Post by JamesOsbornr »

Buyer beware.
I've been made aware of the fact that you are posting disparaging remarks about my business and my facebook group (Vinyl Kaiju Legion) on the Toho Kingdom forums. First off, I have no idea who Josh Hoskins is, he is in no way affiliated with my group (Vinyl Kaiju Legion) or my business (http://www.kaijulegion.com). Secondly, it is stated in the group description that any sales between members is at their own risk and the group is not responsible for any deals made between members. Myself, and my admins Rei Alvarez and Dell Martinez, have never made nor endorsed any "bad deals" nor have we ever "ripped anyone off". I challenge you to provide any evidence contrary to this. In regards to my business, http://www.kaijulegion.com, it is 100% legitimate, with a 100% positive customer satisfaction rating. I would again challenge you to present any evidence to the contrary. Lastly, neither myself nor my admins have ever threatened any of our members, nor have any threats ever been or ever will be made to any kaijulegion.com customers. I can assure everyone 100% that customer satisfaction is my highest priority, that every single item on my website is described accurately, and that anyone can make purchases with complete confidence. I suspect these remarks are more personal in nature than based on any fact. If you don't like me personally that's fine, but you should address me personally instead of making false statements against me, my business or my admins in public forums.

Sincerely,
James C. Osborne
Vinyl Kaiju Legion
http://www.kaijulegion.com

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Greyshot151 wrote:Pretty sure question has been answered, but I'll give it until tomorrow for any final words. Otherwise, I shall lock it up!
I was going to leave it open as a general "Has anyone ordered from here" topic. Though, now seems like a good time to end it.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

I'm unlocking this thread but I expect you guys to behave and be civil. If things start to get heated, warnings will be handed out. If you got any questions about other sites, this will be the place to do it.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I've ordered from 3 different sellers on SKREEONK. And never encountered a single problem. Great site.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I'm so glad I ran into this thread. This showcase daikaiju site has a bunch of figures that I've been looking for, and for cheaper than I was going to buy them for.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

I'd be careful of bootlegs from that site, unless you don't care.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Castellan Zilla wrote:I'd be careful of bootlegs from that site, unless you don't care.
I don't care as long as the figure isn't completely different.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!