The Toy Vault Godzilla Plushes

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Should ToyVault bring them back?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:47 am

Yes
76%
No
5%
Only Certain Monsters
19%

Total votes: 21

Pugzilla
Ronin

The Toy Vault Godzilla Plushes

Post by Pugzilla »

Hey guys, just curious. What did yall think about the ToyVault Godzilla plushes that came out between 2004 and 2011 (I believe)?

I was 10 when they first were released, and loved them. Looking back on them, I thought they were pretty cool for being plushes.

I'm looking for a Gigan...if anyone has one. I'd buy it!

http://www.toyvault.com/Godzilla/oop.html

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Toy Vault Godzilla Plushes

Post by Noble Saber »

I'd love for them to make a comeback. Some of those, like Gigan and Rainbow Mothra, just look absolutely phenomenal. The drawback is that these guys are pretty evasive online and trying to snag one for a decent price can prove pretty difficult.

Pugzilla
Ronin

Post by Pugzilla »

Totally agree and know what you're saying. I have a Hedorah and a 50th anniversary Godzilla, the one with the light up eyes on the way.

ToyVault almost made a Mecha Godzilla. Their pre production prototype of him was sick!

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

I remember those, I've had mothra, ghidorah, anguirus, and the 50'th anniversary Godzilla, also a golden dragon and a hydra plush from one of their other lines
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

CHEEZYSPAM
Ronin

Post by CHEEZYSPAM »

I love them to death. I have every one of them EXCEPT Anguirus, so... if anybody has one to sell or knows someone that could help complete a collection? I'd be super appreciative! I even have all the SD and minis.

Last TV plush they did was was the Matt Frank designed Godzilla and the slippers, before that was the little My First Godzilla, and Jet Jaguar (i think) before that. They seem petty popular and typically have a high resale value... I wonder why they stopped? It's not like they were running out of monsters. I contacted them a while back via email and asked if they'd consider making more, they responded and said thanks, but didn't answer my question. They also have a Facebook page... I I say we bombard them with requests.
I'm a mod over @ http://www.reddit.com/r/godzilla. We're a friendly group, so stop by and say 'ello!

Pugzilla
Ronin

Post by Pugzilla »

@CHEEZYSPAM, I have contacted them too very recently. The head guy said they are heavily considering remaking and selling them again. I think if we all got together it could easily be done!

Email Tony Smith, he is the guy to talk to

tony@toyvault.com

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I've got Hedorah (best stuffed animal ever made) and the mini '54. I used to also have Rodan and Godzilla Jr.., but I sold them a while back.

BTW, this is the MechaGodzilla prototype;

Pugzilla
Ronin

Post by Pugzilla »

Yep that's the one! The guy at toyvault said the Chinese company that made the prototype went out of business and that is why it was never made. However, they are considering moving forward with a new production company.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I have the original one of Godzilla from like 2002-2003. I remember because I cried like a baby until my mom would get it for me (I was a kid and saw it at a comic book store during the wintertime). Found the smaller one in a shop when I went to college and got it for my dorm, it was pretty nostalgic.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

Creature22 wrote:I have the original one of Godzilla from like 2002-2003. I remember because I cried like a baby until my mom would get it for me (I was a kid and saw it at a comic book store during the wintertime). Found the smaller one in a shop when I went to college and got it for my dorm, it was pretty nostalgic.
temper tantrums... its super effective
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

All_Humans_Must_Die wrote:
Creature22 wrote:I have the original one of Godzilla from like 2002-2003. I remember because I cried like a baby until my mom would get it for me (I was a kid and saw it at a comic book store during the wintertime). Found the smaller one in a shop when I went to college and got it for my dorm, it was pretty nostalgic.
Creature22 used Temper Tantrum on Mom! It's super effective! A critical hit!
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Kaijunator wrote:
All_Humans_Must_Die wrote:
Creature22 used Temper Tantrum on Mom! It's super effective! A critical hit!
At least it worked, right? :lol:

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Honestly, not getting the Destoroyah plush at Atomic Comics back when it was still a thing here in Arizona is one of those fails I punch myself for.

If they want to bring the plushes back, I am all for it.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Mechagigan wrote:I've got Hedorah (best stuffed animal ever made) and the mini '54. I used to also have Rodan and Godzilla Jr.., but I sold them a while back.

BTW, this is the MechaGodzilla prototype;
http://www.scifigenre.com/itemimages/Al ... 60_big.jpg
Body: Cool
Snout: Looks like a muthafukin uhhhhhhhh!
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

CHEEZYSPAM
Ronin

Post by CHEEZYSPAM »

@pugzilla I messaged him, he was super nice, here's the copy/paste of our convo:

______
A couple of us are discussing the Godzilla Plushes that Toy Vault used to make. Is there any chance or talk of bringing them back into a full line, or possibly any more in the works in the near future?

With the new Toho movie coming out in 2016, it'd be awesome to see some new plush items.
I have every one EXCEPT Anguirus and can't find him anywhere....

THANKS!
-Todd "CHEEZYSPAM"
________

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your interest in our line of Godzilla plushes.  We are indeed considering bringing back some of the older releases, but I dont have any kind of release schedule for them.  Do you guys have a wishlist for reprints or Kaiju that were never made?

Thanks
Tony

I don't have a wish list of reissues per se, although some of the harder to find items like Gigan, Baragon and Megalon would be cool to see again for a decent price (not scalper pricing on ebay)

As far as new monsters I'd personally like to see made, I absolutely love the MechaGodzilla prototype that ended up getting cancelled, I think he'd be a must! 

Orga, Megaguirus, Kumonga and Kamacuras, a plush Muto would be a dream! Varan? Toho King Kong? there's SO many that could still be made.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Big fan of Toy Vault and I anticipate the possibility of future Godzilla related products!

-Todd
I'm a mod over @ http://www.reddit.com/r/godzilla. We're a friendly group, so stop by and say 'ello!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Amazon has a few of these in stock for reasonable prices. My little brother says he wants the Jet Jaguar one, but the only review on the page says these things are very fragile. Is that true? If he gets JJ, he'll obviously want to play with it a lot.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Interesting I guess for reissues.

Reissues.

Titanosaurus
Rodan 1956
Angurius
Hedorah
Megalon
And maybe the Godzilla 50th Anniversary Plush only this time without sound

New Plushies.
A new Godzilla either 2014, 2000, Burning, 1964, 1962
A new King Ghidorah Either Showa or Rebirth Of Mothra 3
Megagurius
Gorosaurus
Muto
Varan
Angurius 1955.
Godzilla

Pugzilla
Ronin

Post by Pugzilla »

CHEEZYSPAM wrote:@pugzilla I messaged him, he was super nice, here's the copy/paste of our convo:

______
A couple of us are discussing the Godzilla Plushes that Toy Vault used to make. Is there any chance or talk of bringing them back into a full line, or possibly any more in the works in the near future?

With the new Toho movie coming out in 2016, it'd be awesome to see some new plush items.
I have every one EXCEPT Anguirus and can't find him anywhere....

THANKS!
-Todd "CHEEZYSPAM"
________

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your interest in our line of Godzilla plushes.  We are indeed considering bringing back some of the older releases, but I dont have any kind of release schedule for them.  Do you guys have a wishlist for reprints or Kaiju that were never made?

Thanks
Tony

I don't have a wish list of reissues per se, although some of the harder to find items like Gigan, Baragon and Megalon would be cool to see again for a decent price (not scalper pricing on ebay)

As far as new monsters I'd personally like to see made, I absolutely love the MechaGodzilla prototype that ended up getting cancelled, I think he'd be a must! 

Orga, Megaguirus, Kumonga and Kamacuras, a plush Muto would be a dream! Varan? Toho King Kong? there's SO many that could still be made.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Big fan of Toy Vault and I anticipate the possibility of future Godzilla related products!

-Todd

That's awesome! I think if enough people contacted him, they'd definitely bring them back. It's cool that he asked which ones you'd like to see made.

If they made a MUTO, brought back Gigan, and came through with Mecha Godzilla I'd be pumped.

CHEEZYSPAM
Ronin

Post by CHEEZYSPAM »

JAGzilla wrote:Amazon has a few of these in stock for reasonable prices. My little brother says he wants the Jet Jaguar one, but the only review on the page says these things are very fragile. Is that true? If he gets JJ, he'll obviously want to play with it a lot.
I don't think they're fragile at all, some of the material used (like my Gigan for example) is a little cracked & worn around the claws from whoever owned it previously, but I'd say the majority of them are great quality. I think in the case of JJ, he has great material holding him together around soft plush...he has a bendable wire running through him for easy pose. If people complain of breaking it's perhaps from bending the wire too much?... he's a great one to pick up if you can find him.

The 2014 Godzilla is also really good quality and size for the $40 asking price through most online stores.

I treat them like collectors items (mostly for the price I paid for them), but I don't feel like any of them are going to fall apart in my hands or anything.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

I've got about a dozen of these things, including the "My First Godzilla" I got from the Kickstarter. These are really cool, I'd love to see them continue.

They don't differentiate between different designs/incarnations of the monsters, so I'll cross all of those off. Mechagodzilla is a must, its crazy that we don't even have one in this line. I've always liked the '75 prototype, I hope that can become a reality one day. Moguera, Orga, Megaguirus, and maybe Monster X are all ones I'd like to see as well. Then you get to the more obscure ones like Manda, Kamacuras, Kumonga, Varan, and Gorosaurus - any of them would be great, especially the latter two. And I think that about covers it; anybody else would be too obscure, IMO.

And the MUTOs, if they can do them. Any MUTO merch is welcome. :)
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png