Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
burtmacklin
Young Farmer

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Postby burtmacklin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:34 pm

Fermix wrote:
burtmacklin wrote:Any word if there will be figures from the first movie from Tamashii?

Besides the Soul of Chogokin figureS?

I forgot about those lol. I meant in the Robot Spirits and Sofvi Spirits lines.

tycerium
Yojimbo

Postby tycerium » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Here's our review of the wave 2 action figures for Pacific Rim Uprising, from toy maker Diamond Select Toys.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Postby SJM925 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Want the 2nd wave of Robot Spirits figures?

Check it out!

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Postby Cosbydaf » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:41 pm

Got my Shrikethorn;

Quick review on Shrikethorn - although he stands shorter than Raijin it's roughly the same mass. His torso reminds me of the Ben Swolo meme. It annoys me a little that's he stuck in a pose looking straight down, and the tails only have 1 swivel each at the base. He has 7 swivels, but they're not nearly as useful because 4 are in the arms, and he needs to keep one arm down for balance unless you tip him backwards. I just now found the 7th swivel while typing this, it's a torso cut. Kinda cool. The build and paint quality is fine, no issues.

It's a decent vinyl but I think it's very overpriced for what you get. Main reason to get it is if you want to set up a Pacific Rim display and you want all the kaiju together. Unfortunately since it's a web exclusive I don't think the price will get any better. There might be a cheaper bootleg, but the hassle I had with getting my Raijin to stand prompted me to buy official for Shrikey, just something to consider.
Last edited by Cosbydaf on Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Petezilla
G-Grasper

Postby Petezilla » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:02 am

Nice, can't wait for it.

Anything new with Tamashii's PR line? Still waiting for the Drone Jaegers, November Ajax & the Mega Kaiju...
Size DOES matter!

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”