Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Postby Cosbydaf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm

DutyBeforeAll wrote:How else they gone make sure you buy series 6
“Final Fight” Bracer Phoenix with right arm wrecking ball?

Good point!

daveblackeye15
G-Grasper

Postby daveblackeye15 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:08 pm

Well I'm hoping I can buy the next wave of Jaegers this month from Toys R Us or some store. Something nice about just picking them off the shelf. Yes I know Toys R Us is going out.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:10 pm

You can go to their website and see if any of the closest stores are stocked.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

daveblackeye15
G-Grasper

Postby daveblackeye15 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Don't they come out for another week?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Oops you said the "next wave", read that too quickly. Sorry. Either way, check it frequently. Others have found the next wave stores. You could get lucky.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

DutyBeforeAll
Ronin

Postby DutyBeforeAll » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:45 am

Well my order of the Bandai wave one came in. These are some fun little figures! They are small compared to the old NECA stuff, but it’s so nice to pose a figure and not worry about it coming apart in my hands!

Great articulation. Not much paint or weathering effects.
The Raijin figures limited articulation doesn’t bother me.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Ordered Gypsy Avenger. My first Pacific Rim figure, actually. Pretty pumped.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

kaijukurt
Futurian

Postby kaijukurt » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi guys, just wanna ask some questions regarding the PR:U line : (and my apologies if they had been already answered..)

How are there 2 companies (Diamond Select and Bandai) with the action figure license? Isnt it supposed to be only one company with an action figure license?

Or is the the 2 company approach possible cos the two are based in different countries?
Formerly known as kurtzilla

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:21 pm

kaijukurt wrote:Hi guys, just wanna ask some questions regarding the PR:U line : (and my apologies if they had been already answered..)

How are there 2 companies (Diamond Select and Bandai) with the action figure license? Isnt it supposed to be only one company with an action figure license?

Or is the the 2 company approach possible cos the two are based in different countries?

Just like how there can be two companies with the Godzilla license (Tamashii & NECA). One is primarily for Japan, the other is more for America. Although, with PR:U, they decided to release both in the states anyway.

kaijukurt
Futurian

Postby kaijukurt » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:15 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Just like how there can be two companies with the Godzilla license (Tamashii & NECA). One is primarily for Japan, the other is more for America. Although, with PR:U, they decided to release both in the states anyway.

Yeah, the fact that both of them are being distributed in US retail still makes me wonder about how the manufacturing/distributing licensing is handled by Toho.

Thanks!
Formerly known as kurtzilla

daveblackeye15
G-Grasper

Postby daveblackeye15 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Well swung by Toys R Us just to satisfy my curiosity and see if they somehow got the next wave in early. Nope, not surprising. Hell I don't know if I should stay optimistic about them getting wave 2 or not. I was happy to see they had some Godzilla figures. Only Shin Godzilla and the Godzilla from Space Godzilla though and I already have Shin Godzilla. I fear if I start buying Godzillas from movies I disliked I'll start buying them all. That's how I started collecting Pacific Rim stuff. Originally just wanted Cherno and Coyote Tango and then it kept going.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:34 am

daveblackeye15 wrote:Well swung by Toys R Us just to satisfy my curiosity and see if they somehow got the next wave in early. Nope, not surprising. Hell I don't know if I should stay optimistic about them getting wave 2 or not. I was happy to see they had some Godzilla figures. Only Shin Godzilla and the Godzilla from Space Godzilla though and I already have Shin Godzilla. I fear if I start buying Godzillas from movies I disliked I'll start buying them all. That's how I started collecting Pacific Rim stuff. Originally just wanted Cherno and Coyote Tango and then it kept going.

Considering all of their stores are closing, thryre probably not going to get wave 2

Petezilla
G-Grasper

Postby Petezilla » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:42 am

daveblackeye15 wrote:I fear if I start buying Godzillas from movies I disliked I'll start buying them all. That's how I started collecting Pacific Rim stuff. Originally just wanted Cherno and Coyote Tango and then it kept going.

Yes, you will likely buy them all then. I bought one BANDAI 6" Godzilla back in 2005 just to have a figure on my shelf. I got hooked. Today I have roughly about 1,500 different BANDAI figures of all kinds from Godzilla, Gamera, Ultramen & Ultra Monsters (which are by far the biggest part of my collection) and a few select other characters. Now that BANDAI is into Pacific Rim too, I'll get probably these also. My advise: don't ever buy what what you not 100% like. You may open Pandora's box and fnd yourself locked up in completist hell.
Size DOES matter!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Postby SJM925 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:52 am

Godzillian wrote:
daveblackeye15 wrote:Well swung by Toys R Us just to satisfy my curiosity and see if they somehow got the next wave in early. Nope, not surprising. Hell I don't know if I should stay optimistic about them getting wave 2 or not. I was happy to see they had some Godzilla figures. Only Shin Godzilla and the Godzilla from Space Godzilla though and I already have Shin Godzilla. I fear if I start buying Godzillas from movies I disliked I'll start buying them all. That's how I started collecting Pacific Rim stuff. Originally just wanted Cherno and Coyote Tango and then it kept going.

Considering all of their stores are closing, thryre probably not going to get wave 2

They had them up on .com for purchase and 3 of my local ones still have Obsidian up on pegs, all about a week after the first wave hit

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 am

Yah, the TRU closest to me, had Obsidian, Bravo, Athena all on the pegs yesterday...

Got notified by BBTS today that they got those 3 in for me, and along with Avenger/Raijin, are preparing to ship...

daveblackeye15
G-Grasper

Postby daveblackeye15 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:42 am

Guess I better swing by Toys R Us.

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Postby SpaceG92 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Gunna see if they do a figure for
Spoiler:
Mega Kaiju
though for now I'll settle for the sexy Obsidian Fury HG kit. IMO, best of the bunch.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Postby Salzilla » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:46 pm

To celebrate the release of the new movie, I went back a reviewed an older figure. Here's my review of the NECA PACIFIC RIM 18" BATTLE DAMAGED GIPSY DANGER! Thanks for watching!

https://youtu.be/PD75wLf2Fgs
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Godzilla review: SHMA Godzilla 19: https://youtu.be/N6-m0YA-f2Y
Latest Pacific Rim review: DST Gipsy Avenger Gallery Statue https://youtube.com/watch?v=3TtnlyzNuGY&t=140s
Latest Ultraman review: SHF Ultraman Belial https://youtu.be/8p2UcHMYEFE
Latest Genre review: X-Plus DeForeal Hedorah:https://youtu.be/AwOtY4EjrC8

daveblackeye15
G-Grasper

Postby daveblackeye15 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:54 am

Yes! Got the Jaegers! But seems like they didn't get Raiju.

Anguirus
G-Grasper

Postby Anguirus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:09 pm

I gotta admit, I like the Diamond Select kaiju promo pics, better than the Bandai ones (including the one shown off today) to be honest.

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”