Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Post by Cosbydaf »

DutyBeforeAll wrote:How else they gone make sure you buy series 6
“Final Fight” Bracer Phoenix with right arm wrecking ball?
Good point!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well I'm hoping I can buy the next wave of Jaegers this month from Toys R Us or some store. Something nice about just picking them off the shelf. Yes I know Toys R Us is going out.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

You can go to their website and see if any of the closest stores are stocked.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Don't they come out for another week?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Oops you said the "next wave", read that too quickly. Sorry. Either way, check it frequently. Others have found the next wave stores. You could get lucky.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

DutyBeforeAll
Ronin

Post by DutyBeforeAll »

Well my order of the Bandai wave one came in. These are some fun little figures! They are small compared to the old NECA stuff, but it’s so nice to pose a figure and not worry about it coming apart in my hands!

Great articulation. Not much paint or weathering effects.
The Raijin figures limited articulation doesn’t bother me.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Ordered Gypsy Avenger. My first Pacific Rim figure, actually. Pretty pumped.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Hi guys, just wanna ask some questions regarding the PR:U line : (and my apologies if they had been already answered..)

How are there 2 companies (Diamond Select and Bandai) with the action figure license? Isnt it supposed to be only one company with an action figure license?

Or is the the 2 company approach possible cos the two are based in different countries?
Formerly known as kurtzilla

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

kaijukurt wrote:Hi guys, just wanna ask some questions regarding the PR:U line : (and my apologies if they had been already answered..)

How are there 2 companies (Diamond Select and Bandai) with the action figure license? Isnt it supposed to be only one company with an action figure license?

Or is the the 2 company approach possible cos the two are based in different countries?
Just like how there can be two companies with the Godzilla license (Tamashii & NECA). One is primarily for Japan, the other is more for America. Although, with PR:U, they decided to release both in the states anyway.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

UltramanGoji wrote: Just like how there can be two companies with the Godzilla license (Tamashii & NECA). One is primarily for Japan, the other is more for America. Although, with PR:U, they decided to release both in the states anyway.
Yeah, the fact that both of them are being distributed in US retail still makes me wonder about how the manufacturing/distributing licensing is handled by Toho.

Thanks!
Formerly known as kurtzilla

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well swung by Toys R Us just to satisfy my curiosity and see if they somehow got the next wave in early. Nope, not surprising. Hell I don't know if I should stay optimistic about them getting wave 2 or not. I was happy to see they had some Godzilla figures. Only Shin Godzilla and the Godzilla from Space Godzilla though and I already have Shin Godzilla. I fear if I start buying Godzillas from movies I disliked I'll start buying them all. That's how I started collecting Pacific Rim stuff. Originally just wanted Cherno and Coyote Tango and then it kept going.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Well swung by Toys R Us just to satisfy my curiosity and see if they somehow got the next wave in early. Nope, not surprising. Hell I don't know if I should stay optimistic about them getting wave 2 or not. I was happy to see they had some Godzilla figures. Only Shin Godzilla and the Godzilla from Space Godzilla though and I already have Shin Godzilla. I fear if I start buying Godzillas from movies I disliked I'll start buying them all. That's how I started collecting Pacific Rim stuff. Originally just wanted Cherno and Coyote Tango and then it kept going.
Considering all of their stores are closing, thryre probably not going to get wave 2

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

daveblackeye15 wrote:I fear if I start buying Godzillas from movies I disliked I'll start buying them all. That's how I started collecting Pacific Rim stuff. Originally just wanted Cherno and Coyote Tango and then it kept going.
Yes, you will likely buy them all then. I bought one BANDAI 6" Godzilla back in 2005 just to have a figure on my shelf. I got hooked. Today I have roughly about 1,500 different BANDAI figures of all kinds from Godzilla, Gamera, Ultramen & Ultra Monsters (which are by far the biggest part of my collection) and a few select other characters. Now that BANDAI is into Pacific Rim too, I'll get probably these also. My advise: don't ever buy what what you not 100% like. You may open Pandora's box and fnd yourself locked up in completist hell.
Size DOES matter!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Godzillian wrote:
daveblackeye15 wrote:Well swung by Toys R Us just to satisfy my curiosity and see if they somehow got the next wave in early. Nope, not surprising. Hell I don't know if I should stay optimistic about them getting wave 2 or not. I was happy to see they had some Godzilla figures. Only Shin Godzilla and the Godzilla from Space Godzilla though and I already have Shin Godzilla. I fear if I start buying Godzillas from movies I disliked I'll start buying them all. That's how I started collecting Pacific Rim stuff. Originally just wanted Cherno and Coyote Tango and then it kept going.
Considering all of their stores are closing, thryre probably not going to get wave 2

They had them up on .com for purchase and 3 of my local ones still have Obsidian up on pegs, all about a week after the first wave hit

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Yah, the TRU closest to me, had Obsidian, Bravo, Athena all on the pegs yesterday...

Got notified by BBTS today that they got those 3 in for me, and along with Avenger/Raijin, are preparing to ship...

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Guess I better swing by Toys R Us.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Gunna see if they do a figure for
Spoiler:
Mega Kaiju
though for now I'll settle for the sexy Obsidian Fury HG kit. IMO, best of the bunch.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

To celebrate the release of the new movie, I went back a reviewed an older figure. Here's my review of the NECA PACIFIC RIM 18" BATTLE DAMAGED GIPSY DANGER! Thanks for watching!

https://youtu.be/PD75wLf2Fgs
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yes! Got the Jaegers! But seems like they didn't get Raiju.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I gotta admit, I like the Diamond Select kaiju promo pics, better than the Bandai ones (including the one shown off today) to be honest.