Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Post by master_of_monsters »

saw the trailer, I want 6-legs to be HUGE
your source of self destruction

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

master_of_monsters wrote:saw the trailer, I want 6-legs to be HUGE
SPOILER ALERT( maybe )

As did I. I believe I saw Gipsy Avenger fighting Obsidian Fury?!? WTF? :eh:

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

MandaSaurus wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:saw the trailer, I want 6-legs to be HUGE
SPOILER ALERT( maybe )

As did I. I believe I saw Gipsy Avenger fighting Obsidian Fury?!? WTF? :eh:
As the countries got such powerful weapons, they started using them in wars, perhaps? A new age of weaponry arose from the Jaegers, so why not use them militarily? I think that there will be a lot of tensions between countries after the Kaiju have gone, and before they come back there will be problems with Jaeger production. Think of it as a Cold War but with giant deadly mechas.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ When said mechas start fighting with each other, it's gone beyond a COLD war...

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ When said mechas start fighting with each other, it's gone beyond a COLD war...
It gets real hot, real fast. I just thought it was worth speculating that it would start as cold, then escalate.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

DeKnight recently mentioned that after the kaiju threat was defeated everbody wanted to begin adapting Jaeger technology for different purposes. Some of those being more nefarious than others.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well, pre-ordering each toy bit by bit over each month...Gonna be Christmas when they start releasing.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So there's a Diamond Select employee they posts at The Fwoosh forums. Apparently they will make 6 jaegers, I assume the next 3 are Titan Redeemer, Guardian Bravo, and Obsidian Fury. They will also be making large vinyl kaiju, and if demand persists, stuff from the first movie. He says they're already working on a Gipsy Danger.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Shoot, only vinyl kaiju?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Yeah, that must be why the kaiju we saw at NYCC didn't appear to have any extensive articulation.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I’m fine with localized vinyl kaiju. I think Tamashii might have the best out of the two, but if there’s barely a difference, I wouldn’t mind having a shared collection.

Also, I hope there’s enough demand out there for figures of Raiju, Slattern, and Onibaba as those are the three figures NECA never got to. I’d even go for another Otachi, Knifehead and Leatherback. Just no concept kaiju or blink-and-you’ll-miss-it ones until we have all the main movie ones.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:I’m fine with localized vinyl kaiju. I think Tamashii might have the best out of the two, but if there’s barely a difference, I wouldn’t mind having a shared collection.

Also, I hope there’s enough demand out there for figures of Raiju, Slattern, and Onibaba as those are the three figures NECA never got to. I’d even go for another Otachi, Knifehead and Leatherback. Just no concept kaiju or blink-and-you’ll-miss-it ones until we have all the main movie ones.
I’m still down for Slattern and Raiju. Those two in particular were BA Kaiju and it’s a shame they never got good figures. Onibaba is an okay design but I’d rather see the former two first, if they decided to make Kaiju from the first film.

Resized Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

I told the DST employee I will literally beg on my knees for Slattern and Onibaba.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I told the DST employee I will literally beg on my knees for Slattern and Onibaba.
...for all the good that will do. :roll:

Added in 2 minutes 30 seconds:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:DeKnight recently mentioned that after the kaiju threat was defeated everbody wanted to begin adapting Jaeger technology for different purposes. Some of those being more nefarious than others.
...and imagine everyone's surprise when the Kaiju threat resurfaced. Swell.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

does diamond select make large scale figures?
your source of self destruction

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

That Raijin looks amazing! If only Bandai put this much effort into the MMS-line... Since i didn't get any of the Neca's for the first movie, and they're not cheap anymore, i had to preorder this new guy! I do prefer a detailed vinyl kaiju over a crazy arcticulated non-vinyl figure.

Biollante_lover
Ronin

Post by Biollante_lover »

Will we be getting new figures from the first film? I missed out on them back when they first came out and I don't really want to scour ebay.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Biollante_lover wrote:Will we be getting new figures from the first film? I missed out on them back when they first came out and I don't really want to scour ebay.
Maverick Centigrade wrote:So there's a Diamond Select employee they posts at The Fwoosh forums. Apparently they will make 6 jaegers, I assume the next 3 are Titan Redeemer, Guardian Bravo, and Obsidian Fury. They will also be making large vinyl kaiju, and if demand persists, stuff from the first movie. He says they're already working on a Gipsy Danger.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I preordered Raijin and two of the jaegers; HLJ already reached "order stop" last week (that seems like a good sign, demand-wise), so I went to Amazon for them. Hopefully we see plenty more kaiju; I never did get around to getting much of NECA's products, but honestly, vinyl monsters are probably preferable for me anyway (or articulation of the caliber Tamashii could provide).

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

Pacific Rim kaiju with FA Gomora level of articulation would be amazing. Not gonna hold my breath for that though. I quite like the P2R Jeagers.