Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Re: Pacific Rim figures the Sequel

Post by Manticore »

Hardship sounds like it was rushed out of the gate to be done with the line already.
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Manticore wrote:Hardship sounds like it was rushed out of the gate to be done with the line already.
probably why we have 2 more damn gipsies as well
your source of self destruction

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

All we needed was Raiju and Slattern and the line could rest happily.
^This post in sexually offensive.

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

^Onibaba!!!

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

SJM925 wrote:
codycameron09 wrote:So how is Hardship?

Like Mutavore but purple. Seriously. Paint is.... hit or miss, he's really stick (mine is now furry) because the paint is really goopy, so much so it's basically stuck three joints on mine, and some reports of breakage.
Vankor wrote:Yay the Pacific Rim figures are back on TRU's website! For awhile all that showed up when I searched was just bicycles.
TRU, for some reason, nuked their NECA listings by error. They're back now, obviously.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to find one at a local TRU. I'm in no rush to order one online but if one doesn't show up at the stores in the next few months I'll just get one from Amazon or Ebay.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I picked up Hardship at my local comic shop. Oddly it was $10 CAD more than Mutavore was.

It's a nice figure. As Steven mentioned it basically is a purple Mutavore, though I do find him more fun to pose than Mutavore. The paint on mine is pretty good, though I can see what Steven means when he says his particular figure is kinda goopey. All in all he's a fun figure, don't think he's worth the same (or more in my case) amount of money as Mutavore but as a last hurrah for PR Kaiju I'm happy I picked him up.

I entered the NECA Prisma contest with a collage of Hardship and Romeo Blue. Not very creative with my posings as of yet but here's my entry:
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Gotta get that watermark off, bro. LOL
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

GdT shared concept models of Otachi and Gipsy. Turns out Gipsy was originally white: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CorLrjeVMAAs1pu.jpg

Added in 48 seconds:
Fermix wrote:I picked up Hardship at my local comic shop. Oddly it was $10 CAD more than Mutavore was.

It's a nice figure. As Steven mentioned it basically is a purple Mutavore, though I do find him more fun to pose than Mutavore. The paint on mine is pretty good, though I can see what Steven means when he says his particular figure is kinda goopey. All in all he's a fun figure, don't think he's worth the same (or more in my case) amount of money as Mutavore but as a last hurrah for PR Kaiju I'm happy I picked him up.

I entered the NECA Prisma contest with a collage of Hardship and Romeo Blue. Not very creative with my posings as of yet but here's my entry:
Looks cool. I'm working in some pics for the NECA Prisma contest, maybe I'll share later. Good luck, bro!
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Dillyziller wrote:All we needed was Raiju and Slattern and the line could rest happily.
I'm surprised we didn't even get karloff

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

master_of_monsters wrote:
Dillyziller wrote:All we needed was Raiju and Slattern and the line could rest happily.
As Karloff was Randy's favorite, & design work was already done on Brawler Yukon, they MIGHT surprise us with something down the road. After all, another PR movie IS coming out...

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

MandaSaurus wrote:
As Karloff was Randy's favorite, & design work was already done on Brawler Yukon, they MIGHT surprise us with something down the road. After all, another PR movie IS coming out...

depending on if they get the license

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

MandaSaurus wrote:
I wouldn't get my hopes up. They had after all some completed Prometheus figures that were never released.
Mr. Xeno wrote:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'm glad they reused that Tresspasser mold two more times instead of giving us a completely new kaiju :roll:

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

Godzillian wrote:I'm glad they reused that Tresspasser mold two more times instead of giving us a completely new kaiju :roll:
?? Mutavore and Hardship don't use the Trespasser mold.
Mr. Xeno wrote:

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

He's talking about the Knifehead, Scunner, and Trespasser figures all using the same basic mold for the body.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Don't forget the absolute complete waste of a release that was Axehead.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Don't forget the absolute complete waste of a release that was Axehead.
That ones paint was chipping right out of the box for me. Definitely wish I never bought that one, it really didn't add anything.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:He's talking about the Knifehead, Scunner, and Trespasser figures all using the same basic mold for the body.
Oh, I get it. Thanks.

As for Axehead, I liked him tbh. The new color scheme and little differences are nice.
I got more enjoyment out of it than with the ton of one-armed Gipsies, so there's that.
Mr. Xeno wrote:

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

Resized Image

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

hardship arrived today. Now I'm happy, sad, and angry all at once