Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Re: Pacific Rim figures the Sequel

Post by codycameron09 »

Fermix wrote:
codycameron09 wrote:So I got Hardship yesterday for Christmas and this figure is really fricken cool. For a kaiju that only appears in the movie for about... what... two seconds? It's crazy to see the attention to detail that went into something as cool looking as this monster in figure form. It is totally bad ass and I really wish Toho would make Godzilla fight a monster like him in the future. There is just one problem I have with it and it's kind of a big problem... HE CAN'T FRICKEN STAND WITH THE STAND!!!

Every pose I tried with that cheap little piece of crap stand NECA gives us in the box, Hardship will fall over. Yeah no joke. Anybody else have this problem? Mutavore was difficult to stand up properly but at least when you got it in the right position it would stay up. Hardship, every pose I tried ended in failure. I finally just had to say "Screw it!" and prop him upright so he's leaning on his tail and it doesn't look that bad to be honest. However, I still am kind of peeved NECA wasn't more careful with this figure. I know this is the last figure we will ever get from NECA regarding Pacific Rim and it kinda shows. Even though the sculpt of this thing is amazing, it's almost like NECA wanted to just get the figure out as soon as possible so they wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. I can just hear Randy now... "Oh? It can't stand up properly with out cheap stands? Who cares? We got more obscure Alien and Predator figures to crap out! These fans better buy it regardless! WE are the only ones who kept Pacific Rim alive! US! NECA!"

Anyway... cool figure but needed a bit more work. 3/5
I will never understand why you in particular have such a hard on for complaining about Randy. In regards to your stand, it's the same stand with a VERY similar mold. Sounds like a user issue to me.
I'll try using the stand again once my shelf has a bit more room. Anybody got any of their pics of Hardship standing?

And let's be clear, I'm not the only person on here who complains about Randy. There are a buttload of people on here who HATE Randy. I don't hate him, I just think he can be a douche every now and then. Oh and the stand not working might be user error but c'mon it shouldn't be this difficult for a figure to stand up.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

codycameron09 wrote:I'll try using the stand again once my shelf has a bit more room. Anybody got any of their pics of Hardship standing?

And let's be clear, I'm not the only person on here who complains about Randy. There are a buttload of people on here who HATE Randy. I don't hate him, I just think he can be a douche every now and then. Oh and the stand not working might be user error but c'mon it shouldn't be this difficult for a figure to stand up.
I went and took a photo just for you. It took me all of 30 seconds.
http://imgur.com/a/DQiQa

And just so we are clear, if you are not the person who hates Randy the most on this forum, you damn well are the one who is the loudest about it.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

codycameron09 wrote:
Fermix wrote:
codycameron09 wrote:So I got Hardship yesterday for Christmas and this figure is really fricken cool. For a kaiju that only appears in the movie for about... what... two seconds? It's crazy to see the attention to detail that went into something as cool looking as this monster in figure form. It is totally bad ass and I really wish Toho would make Godzilla fight a monster like him in the future. There is just one problem I have with it and it's kind of a big problem... HE CAN'T FRICKEN STAND WITH THE STAND!!!

Every pose I tried with that cheap little piece of crap stand NECA gives us in the box, Hardship will fall over. Yeah no joke. Anybody else have this problem? Mutavore was difficult to stand up properly but at least when you got it in the right position it would stay up. Hardship, every pose I tried ended in failure. I finally just had to say "Screw it!" and prop him upright so he's leaning on his tail and it doesn't look that bad to be honest. However, I still am kind of peeved NECA wasn't more careful with this figure. I know this is the last figure we will ever get from NECA regarding Pacific Rim and it kinda shows. Even though the sculpt of this thing is amazing, it's almost like NECA wanted to just get the figure out as soon as possible so they wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. I can just hear Randy now... "Oh? It can't stand up properly with out cheap stands? Who cares? We got more obscure Alien and Predator figures to crap out! These fans better buy it regardless! WE are the only ones who kept Pacific Rim alive! US! NECA!"

Anyway... cool figure but needed a bit more work. 3/5
I will never understand why you in particular have such a hard on for complaining about Randy. In regards to your stand, it's the same stand with a VERY similar mold. Sounds like a user issue to me.
I'll try using the stand again once my shelf has a bit more room. Anybody got any of their pics of Hardship standing?

From when I won the giveway. I even have mine standing without the stand right now.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

Fermix wrote:
codycameron09 wrote:I'll try using the stand again once my shelf has a bit more room. Anybody got any of their pics of Hardship standing?

I went and took a photo just for you. It took me all of 30 seconds.
http://imgur.com/a/DQiQa

And just so we are clear, if you are not the person who hates Randy the most on this forum, you damn well are the one who is the loudest about it.
Well I'll be. I'll have to retry it and make sure it stays standing. That looks really cool. Thank you.

And I'm the loudest, huh? Well good. I don't like him. I love NECA's products, but he just rubs me the wrong way. Had too many experiences of him acting like a douche to make me feel differently.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

What PR figures do you think are the most accurate with Godzilla scale? I want to buy one, but I don't want to display it alone.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Which Godzilla? The Wave 1 Knifehead is the only one that scales remotely close to the standard Neca Godzillas. The Neca Godzilla average about 6 inches, the PR figures are in the 7-8 inch range.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Guess who tried cutting his way into our Christmas?

Neca Deluxe Knifehead (Clean)
Spoiler:
Despite the limited Articulation, this guy is awesome! He is like that buff night club guard at the entrance.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Randy says we will most likely not be seeing Pacific Rim 2 toys from them.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Randy says we will most likely not be seeing Pacific Rim 2 toys from them.
Aw, crap.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Randy says we will most likely not be seeing Pacific Rim 2 toys from them.
'Cuz he hates the PR fans back...

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Edit: What if NECA still does the license?
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Edit: What if NECA still does the license?
They would get in trouble with LP because they are doing figures for a license they no longer have.

Randy may be trying to surprise us with the return of PR at a con, but most likely they don't have the license.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I REALLY hope Neca gets the liscense again, and not a company like Lanerd or whoever is doing Kong!

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

Pacific Rim is such a boring movie. Hopefully the sequel will be better.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:Pacific Rim is such a boring movie. Hopefully the sequel will be better.
'Dem's fightin' words 'round here, boy!

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:Pacific Rim is such a boring movie. Hopefully the sequel will be better.
That's not how you say King Kong Vs Godzilla.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I just ordered Battle Damaged Knifehead, Tacit Ronin , and Cherno Alpha! How is Tacit Ronin?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Anguirus wrote:I just ordered Battle Damaged Knifehead, Tacit Ronin , and Cherno Alpha! How is Tacit Ronin?
I like Tacit but both him and Romeo Blue were plagued with QC issues. Luckily NECA CS rectified the problem for me. Tacit is fun. By design his legs are not as free to move as I would like but I understand why. Of the prequel Jaegers, Tacit is my second favourite, the first being Romeo Blue.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Fermix wrote:
Anguirus wrote:I just ordered Battle Damaged Knifehead, Tacit Ronin , and Cherno Alpha! How is Tacit Ronin?
I like Tacit but both him and Romeo Blue were plagued with QC issues. Luckily NECA CS rectified the problem for me. Tacit is fun. By design his legs are not as free to move as I would like but I understand why. Of the prequel Jaegers, Tacit is my second favourite, the first being Romeo Blue.
My Tacit had no QC issues. I would recommend Tacit.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I'm thinking about getting another Romeo Blue to make the three legged version
your source of self destruction