Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillavsGamera wrote:Still waiting on Amazon to get and send off my Robot Spirits Jeagers..... tick .. tick...tick.
That's wired I got avenger yesterday and the other are coming today.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet so.....but thats good to hear someone is getting them.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

SJM925 wrote:I like how people who've been posting here for YEARS about Tamashii items still don't know to never EVER trust Amazon dates and to just remember they're gonna get them after Bluefin sends them, calm down you'll get your toys.
Doesn't look like it's Bluefin distributing the Robot Spirits toys. Someone over at /toy/ on 4chan claims the boxes say "distributed by bandai industries of america".
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

My Avenger from TRU didn't have any Bluefin labels on it, if that helps.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

I wonder if this is what caused the shipping and dates to go out of whack. Perhaps Bandai switched distribution before the release?
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Hopefully the dates on the release of the second wave won't be fucked up to.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Holy shit...ya know what I just realized? No action figure of Bracer Phoenix comes with the mace. :(

I'm also still bummed about having no figures of the fusion kaiju. I mean while the designs of Rajin, Shrikethorn, and Hakuja are neat, they look like jobbing whimps. Especially Hakuja, that poor kaiju is clearly the weakest in the film.

The fusion kaiju is most likely the films biggest spectacle, and curbstomps the jaegers while causing unparalleled destruction, and it wasn't kept a secret. So...why no toy?

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Holy poop...ya know what I just realized? No action figure of Bracer Phoenix comes with the mace. :(
That one's obvious - they intend for you to buy Titan Redeemer to get the mace. :D
I'm also still bummed about having no figures of the fusion kaiju.
I'm guessing either;

1. It's still in the development stages. We haven't seen a figure for the "Corrupted Jeagers" or November Ajax, and we know those are in the film.
2. They're not making one, too big produce/didn't think it would sell enough units

Could go either way, I don't know.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Diamond Select is actually making figures of November Ajax and the hybrid jaegers, plus another jaeger called Valor Omega.

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

I meant for the Bandai line specifically, we haven't seen their takes on them.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Cosbydaf wrote:I meant for the Bandai line specifically, we haven't seen their takes on them.
Well apparently at Toyfair, Bandai did say they have long term investment into Pacific Rim Uprising, but didn't show anything new. So honestly I don't expect to see Bandai make anymore figures from Uprising.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

ToyFair is the first event of the year. We have at least three more major ones (SDCC, NYCC, Tamashii Nations event) to go, with the possibility of more reveals through smaller outlets throughout the year.

It’s way to early to make that kind of call.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
SJM925 wrote:I like how people who've been posting here for YEARS about Tamashii items still don't know to never EVER trust Amazon dates and to just remember they're gonna get them after Bluefin sends them, calm down you'll get your toys.
Doesn't look like it's Bluefin distributing the Robot Spirits toys. Someone over at /toy/ on 4chan claims the boxes say "distributed by bandai industries of america".

it's being mixed; Bluefin factually has stock, they handed out review samples at ToyFair, and I know of retailers having them now with Bluefin labels. it seems like BoA has the distro rights for TRU.
GodzillavsGamera wrote:Hopefully the dates on the release of the second wave won't be fucked up to.

... which is odd for you to say since you know TRU is stocking Obsidian Fury and co right now, and I know you know this since you commented on Sal's review of it
Last edited by SJM925 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

I have to rely on Amazon because no TRU in my area.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

BigBadToyStore has series 1 of the Robot Spirits in stock, just an FYI.

Added in 1 minute 15 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:ToyFair is the first event of the year. We have at least three more major ones (SDCC, NYCC, Tamashii Nations event) to go, with the possibility of more reveals through smaller outlets throughout the year.

Meh, I've been burned by Bandai before with Robot Spirits. Many times in the past did they start something, and not finish.

DutyBeforeAll
Ronin

Post by DutyBeforeAll »

GodzillavsGamera wrote:I have to rely on Amazon because no TRU in my area.
Soon to be no TRU’s Anywhere.

miikee90
Monsterland Worker

Post by miikee90 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:BigBadToyStore has series 1 of the Robot Spirits in stock, just an FYI.

Added in 1 minute 15 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:ToyFair is the first event of the year. We have at least three more major ones (SDCC, NYCC, Tamashii Nations event) to go, with the possibility of more reveals through smaller outlets throughout the year.

Meh, I've been burned by Bandai before with Robot Spirits. Many times in the past did they start something, and not finish.
Well i hope Bandai make November, Valor and the Hybrids because that's the line I'm already buying

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

:mrgreen: Agree I really hope that Robot Spirits will do Hybrids .... that would fucking rock! :mrgreen:

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

It'd be great if they priced the Hybrid-Jeager at $20 like they did with Gipsy, so it's a little more "army-builder friendly".

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Cosbydaf wrote:It'd be great if they priced the Hybrid-Jeager at $20 like they did with Gipsy, so it's a little more "army-builder friendly".

That would be great but I could see it cost at least 10 dollars more than the others due to size and the etc details.