Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Pacific Rim figures the Sequel

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah but I'm talking about in store availability, not online. I'm just saying PR needs a line more like Bandai's Power Ranger series to help reach a broader audience. A collector's line is nice and welcome but a relatively cheap mainstream kid's line would be really welcome.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Sorry for being Off-topic guys
but remember when you talked about the Bat-Mech from Batman Unlimited and how similar he looks to Gipsy?

Some of you already said that the movie is using the ideas of Pacific Rim, after watching the movie, even the main theme of it reuses some parts of PR's main theme.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I'm eyeing a Leatherback from Japan that's 5,000 yen without shipping. EMS shipping is going to bring the price to 7,720 yen ($67, without factoring the size of the cardboard box). I don't know how much Registered SAL would cost. Do you guys think I should go with EMS, have it fully insured, and pay $70 but receive the figure in less than a week or use Registered SAL, not have it fully insured (you have insurance up to 6k yen for RSAL, correct?), and pay a much better price but have to wait around two weeks to a month to receive him? I'm also in the same situation with the Genocide Xenos (Red one is $43, Black one is $49 without the shipping box size for EMS).
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

rolo
Ronin

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Post by rolo »

Okay, I do not have any problems with Bandai but ...shit, Neca had a look very cool with dirty paint, and his plastic material looked good to me. With Bandai, the thing is going to be very clean and shiny, and I do not think it will outperform Neca in details as the product finishes.

Anyway, I have a question, will Bandai only take care of Pacific Rim Uprising figures? Or will they also do Pacific Rim 1 figures?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

rolo wrote:Okay, I do not have any problems with Bandai but ...shit, Neca had a look very cool with dirty paint, and his plastic material looked good to me. With Bandai, the thing is going to be very clean and shiny, and I do not think it will outperform Neca in details as the product finishes.

Anyway, I have a question, will Bandai only take care of Pacific Rim Uprising figures? Or will they also do Pacific Rim 1 figures?
Not sure if the license extends to the past film too. Would be interesting, though. I'd say the first wave or so will be the new Jaegers and Kaiju, however.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

rolo
Ronin

Post by rolo »

What happened with Brawler Yukon and Crimson Typhoon 2.0? Neca will release theses figures?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

rolo wrote:What happened with Brawler Yukon and Crimson Typhoon 2.0? Neca will release theses figures?
Nope. License expired before these figures were released.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

rolo
Ronin

Post by rolo »

Fermix wrote:
rolo wrote:What happened with Brawler Yukon and Crimson Typhoon 2.0? Neca will release theses figures?
Nope. License expired before these figures were released.
A real pity.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Aaaand Chogokin Gipsy Danger has landed!
https://twitter.com/t_features

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

GIGAN05 wrote:Aaaand Chogokin Gipsy Danger has landed!
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5989B69B
Look how thick those elbow joints are! This figure's a ruined piece of garbage before it's even released! [/sarc]

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

The absolute mad man! Bandai did it!

Now to see if they'll make the kaiju in SHMA...
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cool.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

your source of self destruction

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Oh cool, Gipsy Avenger as well?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

rolo
Ronin

Post by rolo »

black? It's a unfinished prototype, right?

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

rolo wrote:black? It's a unfinished prototype, right?
Yes, nothing to worry about.

Added in 2 minutes 36 seconds:
Gypsy Avenger looks absolutely badass.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Howabout that? A Gipsy Danger actually made of METAL, instead of plastic. And that Gipsy AVENGER? Hoo-Boy!!! A Mark SIX Jaeger, no less! I'm in!!! :D

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

Wait, there are seriously people who greet yet another damn G-Danger with excitement instead of annoyance? :eh:

I honestly expected this thread to be nothing but people groaning about it. I mean, maybe it means we'll get some of the kaiju from the first film that NECA didn't get to, but seriously I didn't even want any of the NECA Dangers, why would I want this one?

I do kind of like Avenger's design, but I wish they'd given it a less stupid name. Even putting aside the fact that "Gipsy" is a misspelled racial slur for Romani people, which admittedly I didn't even know until a couple years ago* since Americans don't have quite the same prejudices against them that Europe does (Think of it like if they called it Danger Mick, but arguably it's even worse); wouldn't it make more sense to name it after Stacker Pentecost or something?

[* Travis Beacham also didn't know when he wrote the script for the first one and later apologized for an innocent mistake, but I guess whoever took over for him also didn't know or didn't care]

Speaking of, I wonder what the other Jaegers would be named? A Cherno Beta would be kind of awesome.

EDIT: Also, please, if the offensiveness of G-Danger's name has already been brought up, kindly just ignore my comment in that regard. I am also not interested in hearing anyone pretend it isn't a slur or argue with me about when using a slur is appropriate--and that's the last I'm saying about this subject that doesn't relate back to the toys.

rolo
Ronin

Post by rolo »

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Wonder how big he is. As much as a loved Neca's work the Jaegers are actually smaller than they should be in comparison to the kaiju. He's probably smaller but its hard to tell looking at these photos.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983