S.H. MonsterArts MEGA Thread #1

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Re: TK's Official Unofficial S.H. Monsterarts survey!

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

Godzilla:

Titanosaurus, Jet Jaguar, Megalon (I'm jonesing for a Showa line!)

Others:

Gamera '99, Iris, Gargantuas (They're a must!)

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Okay, I get it. You're too cool to vote. Please keep the debates in the SHM thread. Coming into a tally thread just to comment on the futility of it all may be extremely awesome... but it's essentially spam.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Toho:
Godzilla 99, Gigan 72, Megalon 73

Non-Toho:
Gamera 99, Irys, Rhedosaurus
Last edited by tymon on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

godzillathrilla
Yojimbo

Post by godzillathrilla »

Godzilla:

Godzilla 2k, final Biollante, Titanosaurus

Other:

gamera 99, Gorosaurus(from kong escapes) see what i did there :lol: , gargantuas

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Legion1979 wrote:We'll see.

Let's just leave it at that. We'll see.

Because I don't expect to see guys like the Gargantuas, Orga or anything really obscure in this series, no matter what the fans say of what Bluefin/Tamashii/whatever has to say or has done in the past.
Theoretically speaking, what would your reaction be if they DID produce those figures?

Do you think that the Gargantuas, Orga, or "“anything really obscure in this series" will never be produced in figure form ever again due to their lack of "popularity"?

It's going to happen again, at some unforeseeable point we can't predict. Perhaps now is the opportunity?

After all, what BETTER chance of getting figures we didn't think we would get than if we're actually being asked to participate, no matter how small a manner, in a survey of what we'd like to see? Did Bandai ask anyone what figure they would like to see before? Any Americans?

I'm not going to sit here and pretend like that REALLY means anything at all. Clever marketing ploy? Could be.

The sky could be falling as well.

However, if I'm being at all realistic and not just cynical, then I would have to take this as a sign of, if not Bandai's interest in what WE want, then at least a major sign that Bandai is vested in this line of figures. How often do you see figure polls? Eh, often enough in Japan. How many do you see extending to other shores?

BC has had a major problem from the get-go; no distribution. IF they were really vested in BC (and I think Bandai is re-thinking this) then you'd see it sold in Wal-Mart and Target, not just Toys 'R Us. Whatever is going on there, I dunno, but I can say that having Bluefin backing up this line, by having it in Previews, by having them sold in your LCS it has definitely boosted the pure availability of the line. That is a triumph in it's own right and I do believe the Bluefin connection has helped. Cutting this attention and interest off at the knees seems counter-intuitive to us all.

Wouldn't you like to see new Gargantua figures?

So what's wrong with trying to make it happen? What's wrong with holding out hope?

I agree, it probably won't happen...like, ever. But what's wrong with hoping for it and voicing an interest in having it? If all of us acted like it was the "Unattainable Girl At the Dance" then maybe we'd be missing out on that fateful dance, that fruition. Who knows? Stranger things, Horatio.

I say what would I like to see?

Gargantuas. Straight up.

Megalon. Most of his figures suck. (IMO, jeez guys)

Godzilla '65. Or '64. Or '62. Or...

Outside of Toho?

Easy. Where's my Zedus?
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Good luck RZK with turning your survey in to Bluefin and get them actually reading it! :)

My votes:

Godzilla:

Bagan, Destoroyah (final), Biollante (final)

Other:

Gamera (from GIII, 1999), Irys, Legion (imagine that thing in scale... :roll:)
Size DOES matter!

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

^Yeah thanks Pete. I don't know if anyone noticed but we have a Bluefin Rep who's been popping in.

Anyways... Cap.... please keep the debates in the main SHM thread. Also, Sanda and Gaira count as two votes. And which Godzilla do you want? Also, you can still vote for two more non Godzilla monsters.
Last edited by RedZillaKing on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Legion1979 wrote:Because I don't expect to see guys like the Gargantuas, Orga or anything really obscure in this series, no matter what the fans say of what Bluefin/Tamashii/whatever has to say or has done in the past.
I just think it's fun to speculate and list our favorites.

Anyway, RZK, you should really keep the running total in the first post. It'll make this a lot more interesting.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

I would love to, but tallying these votes will be difficult to say the least. Here's why:

Three votes per category means that lumping Sanda and Gaira together as "the Gargantuas" takes 2 votes, not 1. When I tally the votes I'll be counting them each as a slot. Therefore if the gargantuas is your third vote, I'll be entering Sanda by default. Please specify the particular gargantua by name or color.

If you specify more than three monsters, I will be tallying your first three only.

Also the gargantuas count as entries for the Other Monsters category.
Last edited by RedZillaKing on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

Godzilla Figures-- 1. Biolante 2.Titanosaurus 3.Kiryu

Other Figs--- 1. King Kong 2.Gwangi 3. Kongzilla

Here's a few suggestions from me.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Maybe you should have just made two polls - or at least one for the Godzilla/Toho monsters. There aren't that many, and you can probably collapse most Showa monsters as "Showa Anguirus" or "Showa Ghidorah" unless they changed in appearance significantly (like Godzilla).
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

It would have been locked for being non Toho. As it is, the mods said we were pushing it with the ultra act and gamera threads.

Everyone please only list monsters that appeared in Godzilla film under the "Godzilla" category. Tamashii's rules, not mine. Their official survey lists Godzilla as its own category.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Godzilla:

Kiryu

Godzilla GMK

Mecha-King Ghidorah

Other:

Gappa

Rhedosaurus

Vastatosaurus/Foetodon from King Kong '05
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Heisei: Final Form Destroyah, Biollante, Battra( flying, w/ larval accessory )

Millenium: G2K, Megaguirus

Showa: Goji from 'G vs King Kong', Megalon, Titanosaurus, Gorosaurus, Kumonga, Kamacuras, Manda, Varan, Gaira, Sanda, Hedorah

Harryhausen: Rhedosaurus, Ymir, Talos

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Thanks for the votes but please narrow your choices to 3 Godzilla monsters.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Toho: King Seesar, Titanosaurus, Megalon.

Other: Gargantuas.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

I'm the only guy voting for Kongzilla??? Nobody else would want to see this made?
http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/sho ... .php?34473 :shock: ???

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

GodzillavsGamera Wrote:
I'm the only guy voting for Kongzilla??? Nobody else would want to see this made?
http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/sho ... .php?34473 ???

That will never be officially made due to the red type around kong + plus Bandai has never produced anything fan made.

MechaGamera
Monsterland Worker

Post by MechaGamera »

Category 1. Godzilla
Anguirus 2004
Godzilla (GMK)
Kiryu

Category 2. Other Monsters
Gamera 1999
Gappa
Gorgo

Kongzilla would be interesting. Though I guess there would be a real battle to find out who owns the rights on that one.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Godzilla:
Godzilla 1985, Godzillasaurus, Mecha King Ghidorah

Other Monsters:
Gorgo, Gwangi, Rhedosaurus