S.H. MonsterArts MEGA Thread #1

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
RedZillaKing

S.H. MonsterArts MEGA Thread #1

Post by RedZillaKing »

Hello again! A lot of prototypes have been revealed since the last MonsterArts poll. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view) all the monsters revealed are from the Heisei era of Toho films. Now that most of those monsters are being done, I was wondering: What era would you want the line to explore next? Showa era, with its large amount of famous and obscure monsters; Millenium with its drastic redesigns; or the Heisei era, with its remaining stable of monsters (The Destoroyah forms, Junior, Godzillasaurus). What monsters specifically would you want to have made into a MonsterArts premium figure?

Personally, I'd like to have the Showa era get some attention. A lot of more obscure Showa monsters don't even have Bandai figures. Varan, Manda, and Gezora spring to mind. What do you guys (and gals) think?

Superrex
G-Grasper

Re: S.H. MonsterArts: Showa or Millenium?

Post by Superrex »

The Millenium series,in my opinion,had alot of good designs.After they finish the Heisei monsters,they should
Move on to that.
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Millenium should be next for me, we've got the Revoltech line for Showa characters.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Finish Heisei, then toss in a little of both Showa & Millennium eras.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

I wouldn't mind a resculpt of Kiryu at all. The Chogokin one has very limited articulation and is super fragile.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

I vote Showa, but they should finish up the Heisei series first.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Yeah, pretty much. My "rawring" days are over but I constantly pose them. The Chogokin plastic is much more brittle than the high quality shm plastic.

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Post by Biollante »

wataru wrote:He might do what I do with them - PLAY with them.
Aren't you a little too old to be playing with toys?

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

I would let them finish the Heisei Series so we can get a new Battra and Destoroyah. I would guess that they would do the Millenium figures afterwords because of how more modern they are.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Finish the Heisei monsters first. After that, just make a SH Showa King ghidorah.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:I would let them finish the Heisei Series so we can get a new Battra and Destoroyah. I would guess that they would do the Millenium figures afterwords because of how more modern they are.
That pretty much sums it up. A complete lineup of all characters of a particular era would just be too cool to true. Just imagine how epic it'd look if you got all Heisei monsters displayed next to each other like on that one poster! Who could not like this?! :P
And if they're done with all the Heisei beasts, then BANDAI can do either the Showa or Millennium series, no matter which. Finish this and then do the remaining era until we got every character from the whole Godzilla series.

Size DOES matter!

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Yeah, I don't know if I really trust Bandai's choices of characters, at least out of the gate. However, once SH Figuarts had shown that it could sell the Heisei Kamen Riders it finally started really getting into the Showa Riders. If they aren't going to be doing the entire Heisei (think of the Biollante), then I see them doing it this way. Once they can feel confident that they can move these using, what on paper looks like it would be the most recognizable, design then they'll get into some of the more "obscure" suits. However, I'm wondering how they'll handle some of the Showa figs that were released by Revoltech. Will they make Monsterarts of those figs? If not, that would be a pretty glaring hole in the line. No Baragon, no Anguirus, no Gigan...with how popular those characters are on both sides of the ocean, I can't see Bandai resisting the opportunity to release them if this series really ramps up.

As much as some of the designs bug me, I really wouldn't mind seeing a whole wave devoted to all the Final Wars kaiju. Most of the designs would work well in this format and who wouldn't want a new King Seesar, a Manda, hell a Kamakaris or the new Gigan in a poseable form. If they're all sculpted by Sakai-San, all the better.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Eh, just throwin' it out there. Believe me, it's not what I would want them to do; I'm all for going right into Showa, and even if we have to stay in the Heisei, I'm going to be disappointed if they don't do an 84 Godzilla.
What really got me thinking about the FW kaiju was the really, really strong feeling we'll get that Gigan at some point...

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

4Tankzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by 4Tankzilla »

I'd let them finish Heisei first because we still need to know if the Heisei series of figures will be a great success. If it was a major success then they would move to Showa or Millenium (most likely Showa). But as for now, all we can do is wait and see.

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

I'd rather not restrict ourselves to any particular "era", but that does appear to be what Bandai is doing for now.

What figures would I want, personally? All of them of course lol....but, most wanted? Zilla, Showa Kumonga, Showa Ghidorah, Sanda & Gaira, Gabara, Godzilla 1968, Showa Minya, Showa Rodan (Revoltech's seriously disappointed me) and Gorosaurus. Of course, I don't see any of those except Godzilla, Ghidorah, and maybe Rodan ever happening/selling well, so, maybe its good I am not calling the shots.
SAVE_US.GDZ

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Captain Aktion wrote:
What really got me thinking about the FW kaiju was the really, really strong feeling we'll get that Gigan at some point...

Google search "bandai chogokin gigan"

You're welcome :P

I'm more interested in what other series they will branch into. I'd LOVE to see some monsters from the Monster Hunter series released into this line. Sure, not too much potential for articulation, but how I'd LOVE to pose Deviljho fighting Godzilla.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Legion1979 wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:
As much as some of the designs bug me, I really wouldn't mind seeing a whole wave devoted to all the Final Wars kaiju. Most of the designs would work well in this format and who wouldn't want a new King Seesar, a Manda, hell a Kamakaris or the new Gigan in a poseable form. If they're all sculpted by Sakai-San, all the better.
I know a lot of people who would outright abandon this line and never look back if Bandai suddenly started concentrating on nothing but Final Wars figures. Bad idea.
I'd love to see the FW kaiju get this treatment. Suit-wise, it's a logical choice.
Showa would be better, though.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

GreenAiden555 wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:

Seen it. I've also seen quite a few Heisei Godzilla's, so...?

I mean, how many FW Gigan figs are there? Quite a few, so somebody at Bandai likes it/thinks it sells well. Just sayin'...

The really obvious and logical next figure is going to be Heisei Mothra...

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Captain Aktion wrote:
GreenAiden555 wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:

Seen it. I've also seen quite a few Heisei Godzilla's, so...?

I mean, how many FW Gigan figs are there? Quite a few, so somebody at Bandai likes it/thinks it sells well. Just sayin'...

The really obvious and logical next figure is going to be Heisei Mothra...
The Chogokin Gigan, BOTH of them, to my understanding, are really articulated, so.... Kinda doing the same thing again.

Though, yeah, the vinyl figures, I know...

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

My expectations after Heisei finishes are some Millennium monsters. I doubt Bandai'd gamble and do the whole FW line-up though. a Millennium line wouldn't last too long.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.