S.H. MonsterArts MEGA Thread #1

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Leonidas
Samurai

Re: TK's Official Unofficial S.H. Monsterarts survey!

Post by Leonidas »

king_ghidorah wrote:The choices on the official poll are awesome. Except pokemon needs to be its own line. Kong and the Gillman all the way!! 2 of the best monsters ever, nuff said
agree... pokemon should be on its own line since if they really decide to make MA figure of them, they can just run pokemon poll itself (hundreds pokemon species are available).

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

There are plenty of Godzilla monsters too. And about 30 Angels to choose from. I'm pretty sure SH Monsterarts won;t remian a Godzilla line for very long. Which is cool. Give my my monster Digimon already!
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Yeah, just as I said int he S.H.MonsterArts thread:

PokeArts for Pokemon characters.
AniMonsterArts for Evanglion Angels and other Manga/Anime monsters.

Just keep S.H.MonsterArts for the real big live action monsters.
Or combine Godzilla and Gamera characters into a subseries like G-Arts then, like they did with D-Arts for Digimon and ULTRA-ACT for Ultraman.
Why not, where's the problem?
Size DOES matter!

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Jomei Wrote:
'all just mad cuz Charizard is stylin' on you.

Maybe this branching out is an indication that we won't get too many more Godzilla monsters? Hard to tell.

Personally I am fine with what ever they produce. Besides, a SHMA Charizard would be kick ass 8-) .

What this means for the Kaiju? Not sure as of now. We will just have to wait and see.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

If we're not getting many more Godzilla monsters, then I will be dropping this line like a hot potato when that happens. Pokemon will certainly hurry that along!

My desires are simple: Biollante & big Destroyah, then move into Showa and/or Millennium. Deviate TOO much from that, & I'm outta here! :P

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Manda2012 wrote:If we're not getting many more Godzilla monsters, then I will be dropping this line like a hot potato when that happens. Pokemon will certainly hurry that along!

My desires are simple: Biollante & big Destroyah, then move into Showa and/or Millennium. Deviate TOO much from that, & I'm outta here! :P

Where did you get "we're ending the Godzilla series in this line" from "we're adding other series to this line?"

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Pokemon is dominating the survey, with close to double the votes of the second place contender, G98.

Next week's poll should be interesting.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

So...wait...the MonsterArts line may turn into something all-purpose and encompass other characters other than Toho monsters? How is that a good thing? Isn't that going to mean there'll be less Godzilla-related figures coming out on a yearly basis if they have to share space with other franchises?
Both a good thing and a bad thing. Yeah, there's going to less Godzilla monsters, but then most of us don't enjoy just the Godzilla franchise too. I like the monster Digimon and the Bleach hollows/arrancar, and both woul;d fit nicely in this.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Legion1979 wrote:So...wait...the MonsterArts line may turn into something all-purpose and encompass other characters other than Toho monsters? How is that a good thing? Isn't that going to mean there'll be less Godzilla-related figures coming out on a yearly basis if they have to share space with other franchises?
I dunno, seems to me that Bandai has always focused on multiple franchises; I don't think adding more properties to this line is really much of a surprise. Considering that this line has been pretty successful so far, I see this more as Bandai moving it more into the Figuarts format; multiple releases a month from multiple properties...
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

As long as I continue to get my kaiju fix every 2-3 months. And that doesn't include Pokemon & their ilk!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Manda2012 wrote:As long as I continue to get my kaiju fix every 2-3 months. And that doesn't include Pokemon & their ilk!

Bwaha, this should come as a surprise to NO ONE that actually knew what Bandai is up to. ;)

Seriously, though, did you NOT expect other series to be introduced to this line? I don't think there is a single line that Tamashii makes that is for one series.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

No, really???

I was kinda under the impression that this was the TOHO Kingdom, not the 'Whatever Bandai Wants To Do' Kingdom?!?

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Manda2012 wrote:No, really???

I was kinda under the impression that this was the TOHO Kingdom, not the 'Whatever Bandai Wants To Do' Kingdom?!?

Yeeeaaahhh, and? People talk about other properties in the Sci-Fi Revoltech line aside from the Toho Kaiju/Mechs. I really don't see what the problem is at all.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Guys, c'mon. Silly thing to get riled about, I'm sure there will be more kaiju in the line even if they do make other properties. Here, *passes the peace-pipe* take a hit guys, we're all buds here.

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Sarcasm. Find a dictionary & go look it up. :roll:

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

I'm as cool as the bird/Rodan dancing on Godzilla's head. We'll get more monsters, undoubtedly. I think that once the new poll opens up on facebook, Pokemon will get a low number of votes, since we'll be voting on specific monsters. Hell, in general, I'd love to see some Pokemon in this line. I may not buy them, but some of them would be stupidly wicked.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Legion1979 wrote:So...wait...the MonsterArts line may turn into something all-purpose and encompass other characters other than Toho monsters? How is that a good thing? Isn't that going to mean there'll be less Godzilla-related figures coming out on a yearly basis if they have to share space with other franchises?
This. Other than BANDAI building new factories at some point, then the Toho monster rate from SHM might very well slow down during the next month, as they're ever expanding their Tamashii lines, seemingly. I could accept the Evangelion angels being part of SHM, but now Pokemon, Gremlins and the Invisible Man in one lineup with Godzilla? Come on... it's like Gigan and Captain Sparrow from the Sci-Fi Revoltech line. I'm just a bit afraid now for it's quite clear what'll happen if you throw in franchises like these. The real Kaiju part might slowly die off, just like with the Sci-Fi-Revoltech line... Still, hoards of kiddies will vote Pokemons and stuff to death and the "older" Toho maniacs will possibly get on the short end... :?

I really hope that Legion's early death prophecies for SHM (Godzilla-wise) will not turn true in the end...
Size DOES matter!

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Well...we can either wait for Bandai to make more Godzilla figures...or we can wait for Bandai to make more Godzilla figures.

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

One good way at looking at this is Tamashii could get more money to spend on getting Toho monsters since the license for each Kaiju is not cheap.

Bandai did make the statement that if the line does well then they may release older monsters. So if they bring Charizard on board they should make good buck since that is one of the most iconic of all pokemon. We might gain something from this.

After all, Ultra Act got Gridman under its wing.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

This is kinda funny. LOTS of people have been acting... STRANGELY here and elsewhere.

"We plan on expanding this line if popular incarnations of these characters do well!"

"Not going past Heisei."

"We would like to know what other monsters you would like in this line. Will you tell us?"

"Not gonna give the fans anything."

"Would you be interested in something like Gremlins or The Invisible Man? We're not SAYING that we're making them, but could you help point us in the general direction?"

"Well, there ya go, line is doomed, Godzilla is over, we're not getting anything more Godzilla, pack up and go home, Tamashii said it, they're introducing more properties into the MA line, one figure a year now....."

This is Tamashii. Breadth and depth to almost every line they have. This is not named Godzilla Arts, or Godzilla Damashii, or GodzillaAct, or anything like that. FiguArts isn't exclusive to Tiger & Bunny, DBZ, or Kamen Rider, D-Arts isn't exclusive to Rockman or Digimon, ChibiArts isn't exclusive to... Yeah, I don't know what's in that line. Ultra-Act, named after a property that isn't too hard to figure out, is exclusive to one property, to my knowledge. Notice something with the name?

Again, the first survey will help steer the future for the line, bot guarantee a particular figure will be made. THAT'S (probably) the next poll, where we will see individual choices.

Selective exposure, I tells ya.