NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Post by Chris55 »

codycameron09 wrote:My Godzilla 1954 Figure just arrived today and guys... IT'S GLORIOUS!!!
You have it before me which means we're getting a divorce.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

1tisoygoji wrote:
Kaijunator wrote: I hope G'62 is last and is their worst figure ever... So BARAGONZILLA can suffer. :twisted: :twisted:
Even if you're joking, that's a stupid reason to fuck up a G62 figure.
I was, I actually would like to see a '62 Goji.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

miguelnuva wrote:I noticed people keep bringing up hardcore fans notice the difference between 91 and 94 but casuals range from thinking all the suits look the same to they can tell the difference.

During my marathon for example my Grand mother thought tgeir was three suits, classic g2k and burnning but my Mother and Brother actually asked why Godzilla didn't look as mean in Godzilla vs Mothra as he did in Godzilla vs king ghidorah.
It's not a matter of not being able to see any differences, it's a matter of not seeing those differences as major enough to justify spending $20.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

DoktorLegacy
Yojimbo

Post by DoktorLegacy »

I think they should go in chronilogical order now

We should get a 1955 suit, which will just be the 1954 figure with its head melted, and an anguirus figure, than 1962, and so on
Weow

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

The '55 suit has a very different body than the '54 suit.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

I was hoping to see a "Godzilla King of the monsters" label on 54 Godzilla since they went with the American title for G84.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:I was hoping to see a "Godzilla King of the monsters" label on 54 Godzilla since they went with the American title for G84.
It just says Godzilla 1954.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:I was hoping to see a "Godzilla King of the monsters" label on 54 Godzilla since they went with the American title for G84.
It just says Godzilla 1954.
I know. Was just hoping to see it but it didn't happen.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

DoktorLegacy wrote:I think they should go in chronilogical order now

We should get a 1955 suit, which will just be the 1954 figure with its head melted, and an anguirus figure, than 1962, and so on
Yeah, they're not doing any other kaiju other than Godzilla, and they're not planning on doing a G62 for awhile.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:

Yeah, they're not doing any other kaiju other than Godzilla, and they're not planning on doing a G62 for awhile.
New rule, no mentioning 62 won't be made for awhile. :cry:
This is the beginning of the end.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

It's strange, every other figure has used the film name, but this should have either been Gojira or Godzilla: King of the Monsters and it's neither.

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:

Agreed. Besides, I thought when they said they weren't planning on doing a 1962 figure for a while it was at the beginning of the year. Well... the year is almost 2/3rds of the way over right now. Who knows? Maybe NECA has secretly started on it by now. Maybe they're trying to get it approved. Maybe Toho actually wants them to do figures like 1962 and 2000 and that's what is taking everything so long? Like I said, who knows? Bottom line, I just hope it does eventually get made. After seeing how awesome the 1954 figure is up close, I would kill for awesome versions of 1962, 1968, 1974, and GMK... in fact all of he suits! Make it happen Toho and NECA!!!

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Has anyone asked about GMK yet? I'd like to hear if they aren't planning him as of now.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:

What the... Ok you have an obsession with G'62. You need to go to a rehab center.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

I honestly think GMK would be a safe assumption do to the fact that it's a Millennium Goji with a traditional look that the other NECA figures have. As for Showa, I'm thinking they're give us a 1968 since it was used the most out of any suit from that era (even though I'd like 62 and 74 more). That just leaves the Heisei series.... I can honestly see NECA announcing a 89/91 figure. Why? Because not only is it a fan favorite but they can sculpt a new head, make some minor tweaks to the 1994 figure, give it a lighter paintjob and call it a day.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Final verdict on how different 94 and 91 Godzilla can look.

Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Pics I'm seeing of the '54 on Facebook are making it look pretty awesome. Looks like people are very happy with it.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I took this picture of 54 the other day... Gotta love those hi-tech paper buildings. :P (link because it's very big if I post it here)

I'm definitely happy with mine. He's probably one of my favorites in my collection (at least, today).

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

miguelnuva wrote:Final verdict on how different 94 and 91 Godzilla can look.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 7xvngl.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... 0255_n.jpg
Now I want a 91 figure.
This is the beginning of the end.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Final verdict on how different 94 and 91 Godzilla can look.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 7xvngl.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... 0255_n.jpg
Now I want a 91 figure.
That's the 1989 figure. 1991 has some slight differences.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!