NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
User avatar
LozMaki
Ronin
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:20 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby LozMaki » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:57 pm

I'm really hoping to nab a 62 soon, every Target I've checked has has plenty of Burning, GMK and '19 atomic blasts, even some poster '54s and a '14 Godzilla
And I don't even think the FYEs here carry any Neca G stuff at the moment

User avatar
goji89
Sazer
Posts: 11028
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby goji89 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:18 pm

The FYE I've gone to has alot of G stuff. Recently saw the green poster G54 version.......I didn't pick it because it wasn't like the promo Shot of it......it looked good but meh.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
ROMG4
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 935
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Monster Island

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby ROMG4 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:53 pm

I can't wait for the reworked 85 to arrive
Image

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
G-Grasper
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby DirektorSplennic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Still no news on 2019 Burning Godzilla? Could it be that it won't be released? NECA is really good at making bad decisions...
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Imagine being such a piece of poop you think someone should slowly suffer and die because they're making it harder for you to buy children's dinosaur toys.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4024
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:26 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:Still no news on 2019 Burning Godzilla? Could it be that it won't be released? NECA is really good at making bad decisions...

It's too big and too obscure
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?


SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!!

WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!

WACKY WAVING TRASPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
G-Grasper
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby DirektorSplennic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:34 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:Still no news on 2019 Burning Godzilla? Could it be that it won't be released? NECA is really good at making bad decisions...

It's too big and too obscure

I don't think I follow...
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Imagine being such a piece of poop you think someone should slowly suffer and die because they're making it harder for you to buy children's dinosaur toys.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4024
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:42 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:Still no news on 2019 Burning Godzilla? Could it be that it won't be released? NECA is really good at making bad decisions...

It's too big and too obscure

I don't think I follow...


Lol. It's why they said they couldn't do King Ghidorah. It's kinda become a meme among my social circle about why NECA cant do any figure.

Toon Jason got cancelled?

Too big and obscure.

No Spiderwise?

Too big and obscure

And so on
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?


SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!!

WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!

WACKY WAVING TRASPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Justiriser
Posts: 15708
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:46 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Toon Jason got cancelled?

Too big and obscure.


The what
Image

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4024
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:06 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Toon Jason got cancelled?

Too big and obscure.


The what


NECA has a line of toon figures for horror villains. They recently announced one for Jason (NES I believe?) then cancelled it.

Real reason was the whole shitshow with rights
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?


SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!!

WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!

WACKY WAVING TRASPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Justiriser
Posts: 15708
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:26 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Toon Jason got cancelled?

Too big and obscure.


The what


NECA has a line of toon figures for horror villains. They recently announced one for Jason (NES I believe?) then cancelled it.

Real reason was the whole shitshow with rights


Why even bother showing it off if you knew you couldn't release it? Seems like a stupid decision on NECA's part.
Image

User avatar
godzilla1541
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2224
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Location: grand terrace ca

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby godzilla1541 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:02 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
The what


NECA has a line of toon figures for horror villains. They recently announced one for Jason (NES I believe?) then cancelled it.

Real reason was the whole shitshow with rights


Why even bother showing it off if you knew you couldn't release it? Seems like a stupid decision on NECA's part.

They probably thought they could because it was simply a repaint of a figure they had released already. Turns out they Couldn’t release it after all.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Justiriser
Posts: 15708
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:08 pm

Fair enough, though it's strange they would even try considering they knew about the licensing issues and said in the past that the only new stuff coming is what's already in production.
Image

User avatar
goji89
Sazer
Posts: 11028
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby goji89 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:00 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:It's too big and too obscure


You give these guy's gold and they don't laugh....?

:lol: :lol: .

But lets make a life size PennyWise....... :lol:
Last edited by goji89 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby Ultra_Henshin_Fan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:39 pm

The pennywise is sold out on bbts.

Go figure.

No one would buy a Ghidorah though,.. nope. Especially all the people that waited and waited and finally just ordered the SHM (like me)

User avatar
Lecontinentperdu
Samurai
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:50 am

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby Lecontinentperdu » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:29 pm

So the burning G '95 with the New box is out for sale ?

User avatar
godzilla1541
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2224
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Location: grand terrace ca

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby godzilla1541 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 pm

Lecontinentperdu wrote:So the burning G '95 with the New box is out for sale ?

It’s been showing up for a couple weeks now. Neca just never actually announces when it’s available, they just show up

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4024
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:26 pm

goji89 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:It's too big and too obscure


You give these guy's gold and they don't laugh....?

:lol: :lol: .

But lets make a life size PennyWise....... :lol:



I know :(

That's why you're the only female dog I respect in this club, goji
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?


SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!!

WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!

WACKY WAVING TRASPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!

User avatar
godzilla1541
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2224
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Location: grand terrace ca

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby godzilla1541 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:02 pm

Did some things. Gave my Neca Mothra a Balljointed waist, and gave her a fresh coat of paint on her body. ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 am

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:15 am

godzilla1541 wrote:Did some things. Gave my Neca Mothra a Balljointed waist, and gave her a fresh coat of paint on her body. ImageImageImageImage

Good job. Poses look very dynamic now with what you did.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

User avatar
_JNavs_
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 7042
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:46 am

God forbid NECA did something more than 4 swivels and 2 hinges for one of their action figures.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest