NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Well the pictures for the Hyper Maser Blast version make it pretty obvious it has something there, though I'm not quite sure what kind of articulation that is. All the pictures on the back and inside are from the original promo photoshoot.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Okay,
1) That mothra figure looks truly beautiful, like a painting. What an awesome pic!!!

2) Judging form all the package shots, I guess the 2003 figure really doesn't have a neck joint? Eh, oh well. That's suckish but understandable.
It does have a neck joint. It’s just in a similar style to how the 2014 and 2019 figures work. It’s extremely flush with the body. It should have a decent range if you know how to play with the articulation. Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It'll have a swivel and the slightest of up and down, not really decent. But acceptable ig.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

_JNavs_ wrote:It'll have a swivel and the slightest of up and down, not really decent. But acceptable ig.
I mean. If you just shimmy the joints a bit it should have a lot of range. 2019 does. Like I said you gotta know how these joints work. Put a little bit of force in em.
It helps some of the reissues have way softer plastic. Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

godzilla1541 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:It'll have a swivel and the slightest of up and down, not really decent. But acceptable ig.
I mean. If you just shimmy the joints a bit it should have a lot of range. 2019 does. Like I said you gotta know how these joints work. Put a little bit of force in em.
It helps some of the reissues have way softer plastic. Image
I believe you clipped the fin right behind his head right? To get him to look completely up? Yeah i haven't gotten my hands on the rereleases, since i've run out of room on my MV shelf as it is lol. All the different MV G variations take up a shelf and a half. I'm sure the softer plastic does wonders for articulation but as it stands the neck joint the head sits on doesn't allow for as much articulation as i'd like.

G03 looked his best when his head looked down and his neck was straight up like a cobra. Hopefully the figure allows for that.

Wish NECA would work on those neck, knee and torso joints so we could get poses like this. But we'll see.

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Does anyone have the ‘54 re-issue, I just saw an animation on the official Godzilla Twitter using the NECA ‘54 and the underbite looked dramatically improved and that’s been my only complaint with that figure.

N’Doul
Yojimbo

Post by N’Doul »

GFAN198423 wrote:Does anyone have the ‘54 re-issue, I just saw an animation on the official Godzilla Twitter using the NECA ‘54 and the underbite looked dramatically improved and that’s been my only complaint with that figure.
I have the boxed ‘54 reissue and it doesn’t have an underbite, it looks real nice my man.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Hmm, I just watched a review of the boxed re-release on YouTube (Out of the Basement channel) and it still had an underbite. The underbite only exists with the mouth open, and the wider open it was the worse the underbite.

I will say in the review I watched of the boxed version, it looked like the lower jaw was a little warped which may have made the underbite a little less prominent.

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

I was just in my local Target (Menlo Park-Edison, NJ) and they have restocked the 2019 Burning Godzilla figure. If you missed out on it the first time, now would be a good time to grab it.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

So I’m gonna assume 1989 and 2003 aren’t gonna be available this month either?
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Why, NECA said recently they'd be available 7/13.

G-Force Personnel

Well, shipping the 13th anyway.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Right, and only through their eBay and Amazon stores, probably end of month for retail and sites like BBTS. I'm watching now to see how long from NECA In Stock alert for the Retro Myers until BBTS alerts me for my order to estimate when BBTS will have the '89.

G-Force Personnel

And I'll just be over here, scanning the web periodically until somebody sees them at a Target so I know when to start hunting.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I know this doesn't make much sense, but it would be cool somewhere down the line for them to do a variant of biogoji in the Godzilla II poster colours, aka dark green with red eyes and heavy shadow. Would I be crazy for saying that's the most popular heisei poster?

G-Force Personnel

Thegarbagemonster wrote:I know this doesn't make much sense, but it would be cool somewhere down the line for them to do a variant of biogoji in the Godzilla II poster colours, aka dark green with red eyes and heavy shadow. Would I be crazy for saying that's the most popular heisei poster?
Wouldn't know about the popularity, but it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to wring out as much as they could from that mold. Also wouldn't surprise me if their first new toy after the Playmates-induced hiatus ends up being a repaint. Retooling the spines to match the poster and maybe adding those vines on his legs would be cool too, but less likely.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I don't know what would be involved in trying to do a Trendmasters homage figure, but where the Trendmasters Godzilla figures most closely resembled the '89, I could see them trying to make some sort of homage figure, maybe with the crazy add on canon gear like Trendmasters did, just to get some more mileage out of the sculpt. Given the chance, I'm sure they'll produce the crap out of Showa suits using as much recycled from the '64 as they can.

G-Force Personnel

GFAN198423 wrote:I don't know what would be involved in trying to do a Trendmasters homage figure, but where the Trendmasters Godzilla figures most closely resembled the '89, I could see them trying to make some sort of homage figure, maybe with the crazy add on canon gear like Trendmasters did, just to get some more mileage out of the sculpt. Given the chance, I'm sure they'll produce the crap out of Showa suits using as much recycled from the '64 as they can.
You've just made me realize how badly I want a line of figures based on the Monster Warrior Godzilla manga. Trendmasters homages would be cool too I guess.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I would do

U̵͕͔͚͖̗̿͜N̸͈̤̥̗̲̬̝̯̥̟̺̻͙̣͗̌̐̓͑̈́͂́͋̉̆̊̒͝Ṡ̸͙͍͊͊̓̈́̈́̐̃͆̉̈́͑̐̈́͌͋̕͘P̸͙̒̀̒̈̓͋̿̈̚͝Ë̴̫̗̮͎̲̪͖̲́̉̈́̒̆̏A̸̱͙̞̣̣͔̮̘̲̼̭̘͉͖̲͖͛̃̃͌̃̉̐͂̔͆͊̐͛́̕̕͜K̴̗͕̲̪̊̉̊̇͐͒́̕A̵̧̹̝̍̈́̾͠B̵̳̟̹̳̼̥͈̦̂̀͑̑̋̈́͐́̓͋̃͂͋̈́͊̅̑Ļ̷͙͙̖͎͙͉̩͎̬̣̼͎̩̆̎̾͆̐̃̄̔̽̎͝E̷̼̤͍͇̫͔̘̻̒́̃̀̓̿̐̚͝ ̵̛̥̭̙̹̥͈̦̻̲̈́͛̽̈͒̎̊́͂͂͜T̶͎̟͕͓́̀̓̃̚͜Ĥ̴̰̿̆̍̿̃́̃͆̔͠͝I̶͍͉̘͍̟̠̫͍͓̟̘̟̭̱̳̙͕̿̑̊̀Ṇ̴̳̺̮̹͍̪͓̤̜͂͋̆̈́̀̀͛̏̀̇͒̅͘͜G̴̡̛̣̩̲͎̘̮̟͕̭͖̦̞͖̥̣̽̂̿͊̎͆͂̃̈́͊͊̆͆̚̚̕͜͠S̶̢̞̠̪̹̞̓͆̅̈́̆̓̕͠͠

for a Poster Version BioGoji.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

It's too late to clarify because It's already been quoted, but I meant the Mechagodzilla II poster. This one:

I know it's not technically the same Godzilla, but I don't think it matters since they made Burning Godzilla out of the GvSG suit.

Although, this is basically the same as the Biollante poster, just with no vines and glowing spines.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.