NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Havoks
Interpol Agent

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Havoks »

burtmacklin wrote:I just don’t get it. KG seems totally reasonable for a figure. Is he really that big??
Honestly, it’s not as huge as people are making it out to be. The best size estimate is when watching that interview of Micheal talking about KOTM with the Bandai stuff on the table. They could totally make one for around $120-$130. This is ridiculous.
Only thing that is really huge is the wings and Neca has made a big pair of wings for Otachi in the past so IDK.
Last edited by Havoks on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:terrestris:

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

burtmacklin wrote:I just don’t get it. KG seems totally reasonable for a figure. Is he really that big??
Looking at the second trailer, specifically this shot here:

Unless there is some perception thing going one here, Ghidorah doesn't look THAT much bigger. He's a bigger than Godzilla, sure, but there isn't the size difference that NECA is implying there is between the two.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Biollante
Destroyah
Bagan
Hedorah
Off our lists
Which really sucks because I would have LOVED a NECA Biollante figure.
_JNavs_ wrote:What kaiju do you guys think are too niche for "customers and retailers"? I think everything other than the Big 5 are probably considered Niche by NECA standards.
Pretty much this. We could get a Anguirus or MechaGodzilla, though unlikely. I highly doubt we will get anything. Definitely not expecting any of the other Titans from KOTM either. Pretty much with this one decision they've made it clear that we will probably not be getting any other monsters and probably just different versions of Godzilla.
I doubt we'd get an Anguirus. Best I see them doing in terms of "classic" is a '62 Kong

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
Gojira2K wrote:

Unless there is some perception thing going one here, Ghidorah doesn't look THAT much bigger. He's a bigger than Godzilla, sure, but there isn't the size difference that NECA is implying there is between the two.
At most he looks like a NECA Godzilla torso height with 3 long necks and big ass wings which they're not afraid to do as seen on Rodan and Mothra
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Biollante
Destroyah
Bagan
Hedorah
Off our lists
Which really sucks because I would have LOVED a NECA Biollante figure.
_JNavs_ wrote:What kaiju do you guys think are too niche for "customers and retailers"? I think everything other than the Big 5 are probably considered Niche by NECA standards.
Pretty much this. We could get a Anguirus or MechaGodzilla, though unlikely. I highly doubt we will get anything. Definitely not expecting any of the other Titans from KOTM either. Pretty much with this one decision they've made it clear that we will probably not be getting any other monsters and probably just different versions of Godzilla.
I doubt we'd get an Anguirus. Best I see them doing in terms of "classic" is a '62 Kong

Gojira2K wrote:

At most he looks like a NECA Godzilla torso height with 3 long necks and big ass wings which they're not afraid to do as seen on Rodan and Mothra
So all they need is, body, legs and practically 5 tails (the necks and the real tails) and the wings. Seems reasonable to make, guess we’ll never know.

*Edit* so I measured my Otachi’s wingspan and it’s around 23”. Bandai’s KG wings are measured around 24” (on the Monsterarts website). So what’s the excuse? Most of the price is going into the joints, so how can they not make it, Im just ehhhh.
Last edited by Havoks on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Havoks wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: Which really sucks because I would have LOVED a NECA Biollante figure.

Gojira2K wrote: Looking at the second trailer, specifically this shot here:

So all they need is, body, legs and practically 5 tails (the necks and the real tails) and the wings. Seems reasonable to make, guess we’ll never know.
Exactly. They wanted to take the bank from Rodan, Godzilla and Mothra and run with it.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Havoks wrote: Exactly. They wanted to take the bank from Rodan, Godzilla and Mothra and run with it.
Yeah, it doesn't sound like it would be that hard to make. Granted, I don't know how to make figures like NECA, but still.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Havoks wrote: *Edit* so I measured my Otachi’s wingspan and it’s around 23”. Bandai’s KG wings are measured around 24” (on the Monsterarts website). So what’s the excuse? Most of the price is going into the joints, so how can they not make it, Im just ehhhh.
It's not even like Ghidorahs a beefy design lmfao

Added in 2 minutes 41 seconds:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Havoks wrote: Exactly. They wanted to take the bank from Rodan, Godzilla and Mothra and run with it.
Yeah, it doesn't sound like it would be that hard to make. Granted, I don't know how to make figures like NECA, but still.
It wouldn't. I have a few friends who're sculptors, it's pretty hard but, if you can sculpt and have a whole studio department backing you, along with a directorial of where to put the joint cuts, it's really not that difficult, obviously for someone who isn't an artist it'd be extremely hard, but these guys in the NECA business are top tier. It should be easy peesy.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I just thought about this too. Their tweets make it seem, like they aren't even trying to make a Ghidorah. Like they aren't even experimenting and trying to see if it's actually possible to make one at the quality they want it to be at. Basically it sounds like they've flat out given up on trying to make one.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Gojira2K wrote:I just thought about this too. Their tweets make it seem, like they aren't even trying to make a Ghidorah. Like they aren't even experimenting and trying to see if it's actually possible to make one at the quality they want it to be at. Basically it sounds like they've flat out given up on trying to make one.
Well they lost money from me, pre-ordered Bandai’s just now. If they change their mind before Bandai's ships, then I’ll cancel. If not, ohh well.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Havoks wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:I just thought about this too. Their tweets make it seem, like they aren't even trying to make a Ghidorah. Like they aren't even experimenting and trying to see if it's actually possible to make one at the quality they want it to be at. Basically it sounds like they've flat out given up on trying to make one.
Well they lost money from me, pre-ordered Bandai’s just now. If they change their mind before Bandai's ships, then I’ll cancel. If not, ohh well.
I'll probably pre-order mine tomorrow. I wouldn't worry about cancelling. I think it's pretty much confirmed at this point that they're not going to make one.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:
Havoks wrote:
I'll probably pre-order mine tomorrow. I wouldn't worry about cancelling. I think it's pretty much confirmed at this point that they're not going to make one.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Gojira2K wrote:
Havoks wrote:
Still going to get the 3 from Neca, just hope they scale well. Might pick up Bandai Godzilla 19 on Amazon once the price drops.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Havoks wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
Havoks wrote:
Still going to get the 3 from Neca, just hope they scale well. Might pick up Bandai Godzilla 19 on Amazon once the price drops.
I probably will too, but it's weird I just feel as hyped for them anymore, now knowing the a Ghidorah isn't going to be coming with them. I wonder how much their sales will be affected by this, if at all.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If Otachi has 23' inch wings then there is no reason they can't do Ghidorah for 100. Otachi both versions were 80 I believe so that tells me Neca wants Ghidorah for $160 because they can't reuse his mold for more than one figure.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

miguelnuva wrote:If Otachi has 23' inch wings then there is no reason they can't do Ghidorah for 100. Otachi both versions were 80 I believe so that tells me Neca wants Ghidorah for $160 because they can't reuse his mold for more than one figure.
They could do a battle damage version, electrical storm version. They could really do anything. I have many ideas on what they can use that mold. Clearly they don’t have the same care as some of us do :/.
Sell it for $140 and it’ll be good.
Last edited by Havoks on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:
Havoks wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: I'll probably pre-order mine tomorrow. I wouldn't worry about cancelling. I think it's pretty much confirmed at this point that they're not going to make one.
I probably will too, but it's weird I just feel as hyped for them anymore, now knowing the a Ghidorah isn't going to be coming with them. I wonder how much their sales will be affected by this, if at all.
I'm also getting the 4 from NECA, I want to at least have both lines even though my wallet will be resting in peace for a while.

Added in 50 seconds:
Havoks wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:If Otachi has 23' inch wings then there is no reason they can't do Ghidorah for 100. Otachi both versions were 80 I believe so that tells me Neca wants Ghidorah for $160 because they can't reuse his mold for more than one figure.
They could do a battle damage version, electrical storm version. They could really do anything. I have many ideas on what they can use that mold. Clearly they don’t have the same care as some of us do :/.
Hell, throw some buildings in there, a whole little diorama as a backdrop like Studio Series. Anything.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
Havoks wrote:
I'm also getting the 4 from NECA, I want to at least have both lines even though my wallet will be resting in peace for a while.
Necas other stuff has me tight on my wallet so I might pick up the other 3 Monsterarts stuff when prices go down or If I have extra cash.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I was buying all the figures from both companies but what will keep NECA in the running is that I feel they are doing all the Titans where as Tamashii is done.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Havoks wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: I probably will too, but it's weird I just feel as hyped for them anymore, now knowing the a Ghidorah isn't going to be coming with them. I wonder how much their sales will be affected by this, if at all.
Necas other stuff has me tight on my wallet so I might pick up the other 3 Monsterarts stuff when prices go down or If I have extra cash.
Yeah that H2 figure looks great, same with the 2 Army Predators. Smh the more I think of the potential of NECA the more that bitter taste kicks in.

Added in 1 minute 4 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote:I was buying all the figures from both companies but what will keep NECA in the running is that I feel they are doing all the Titans where as Tamashii is done.
We'll see, hopefully they are but I really have 0 expectations from them now except for one variant that we can all see from a mile away.

We may have to get those side kaiju from Bandai Japan lmao.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I just remembered 1/4 hulk was over $200 :/. The more I remember and think, the more I get pissed. Really interested in that upcoming interview by you Chris, please bring up why Randy said they were doing them all then turning around saying “nah, no we didn’t, don’t assume”. Curious to hear what he has to say about that.