NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Is there a link? Trying to get my hands on a replacement Shin head
Facts don't care about your feelings

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Ben Shapiro wrote:Is there a link? Trying to get my hands on a replacement Shin head
http://necaonline.com/contact/support-2/

Scroll down, there is a contact form.

Most people will tell you it's far easier to contact their Customer Support Twitter. https://twitter.com/neca_cs?lang=en
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:It would be a lot easier to just order one off of BBTS.
No it wouldn't.

1. BBTS now charges me tax, so with shipping and tax it's going to be nearly $40.

2. All I need is a replacement hand, I'm not spending $40 for a new hand. With Target, I just buy one, swap the two figures, and return the defective one.

3. I doubt BBTS is going to refund me the shipping costs both ways for me to return it as a defective toy.
I'm a little confused. I payed $26 for my 62 from BBTS (including shipping). How in the hell would you be paying $40?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Hopefully they won't be a month late to Target this time...

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

I'll send them an email then.
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:yeah my atomic breath had a curve to it, but then I remembered a lot of the time the Showa era breath animation has a curve to it,.. so maybe it's supposed to be that way.
I was thinking it was supposed to be curved too, but the curve in the movies was always top to bottom to give it a J-like shape when looking at Godzilla from the side. The curve in the figure (at least on mine) is curved sideways.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

I am going to wait for BBTS to actually get it in this time, but man that's going to be a tough wait.
Mechagigan wrote:I'd be cool with notable design changes, although I doubt it'll happen. The G2 design change is more of a large-scale "correction", if you ask me - a full on change wouldn't do much but create confusion for the Monsterverse, and I doubt Legendary would want that.
I think a lot of the people arguing with me about this don't understand that you can change a lot about the design of Godzilla while still have it be pretty close to what we have already seen.

I mean, just look at how NECA, SH Monsterarts, and Bandai Creations all released wildly different-looking figures for 2014 that were all still instantly recognizable as the 2014 design.

Let's say that the 2020 film does what I would like to see and gives Godzilla a middle row of plates based on the pattern they had from 1962-1966; makes his head around 25% larger and round it off a bit more to look closer to an old-school dinosaur (think very vaguely like Gwangi from The Valley of Gwangi); gives him more, bigger, and sharper teeth; and maybe makes the length between his ankle and the pad of his foot a little longer to increase his digitigrade stance. Now, imagine everything else stays the same as 2019--his tail, the skin / plate texture, his stance, the "gills", and the color of his skin and plates.

That would still be immediately recognizable as the Legendary design.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

You lost me with the rounder head. The boxier head he has now makes him seem like a brawler, like a fighting machine that gets his teeth dirty only when he knows he has the kill.

Plus the new 2019 feet look pretty sick
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

_JNavs_ wrote:You lost me with the rounder head. The boxier head he has now makes him seem like a brawler, like a fighting machine that gets his teeth dirty only when he knows he has the kill.

I didn't say any other part of the feet would change, though. And you have a point because I didn't adequately explain the "rounder" part. I really meant more the Bandai Creations 2014 type of head:

If you look at it from above, it's the same shape, it's just rounder on the edges and looks more dinosaurish.
Last edited by RandomDeinonychus on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:You lost me with the rounder head. The boxier head he has now makes him seem like a brawler, like a fighting machine that gets his teeth dirty only when he knows he has the kill.

I didn't say any other part of the feet would change, though. And you have a point because I didn't adequately explain the "rounder" part. I really meant more the Bandai Creations 2014 type of head:

If you look at it from above, it's the same shape, it's just rounder on the edges and looks more dinosaurish.
Oh okay, I figured when you mentioned the digitigrade extension that'd mean longer toes and a flatter foot, I getcha.

I think the sharper boxier head looks more vicious, but I also think if it were rounded off like the BC figure it would look pretty good too.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

RandomDeinonychus wrote: Let's say that the 2020 film does what I would like to see and gives Godzilla a middle row of plates based on the pattern they had from 1962-1966; makes his head around 25% larger and round it off a bit more to look closer to an old-school dinosaur (think very vaguely like Gwangi from The Valley of Gwangi); gives him more, bigger, and sharper teeth; and maybe makes the length between his ankle and the pad of his foot a little longer to increase his digitigrade stance.
Interesting that you mention Gwangi; I've long felt the promotional statue Toho made for 2014 had Gwangi vibes to its face (can't find the best image to show it, though; it's the curve of the mouth in particular).

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Rody wrote:Interesting that you mention Gwangi; I've long felt the promotional statue Toho made for 2014 had Gwangi vibes to its face (can't find the best image to show it, though; it's the curve of the mouth in particular).
I had forgotten about that one! I see exactly what you mean!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

So... Who's the lucky person that got to bring that statue home?? :shock:
Last edited by KingKaiju on Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

KingKaiju wrote:So... Who's the lucky person that got to bring that statue home?? :shock:
After buying him a drink or two, I wooed my way with him and got to bring Goji home 8-)
Image Image

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

KingKong2005 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:So... Who's the lucky person that got to bring that statue home?? :shock:
After buying him a drink or two, I wooed my way with him and got to bring Goji home 8-)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

G62 successfully acquired at Target! There were two others in stock and I also spotted two at Books-A-Million. I got the only (knock on wood) 'perfect' one of the bunch, though. Two were leaning halfway out of their plastic (might've been easy enough to shake them back into place, though, assuming one was planning to display the figure boxed to begin with), some of the boxes were pretty beat up, one had a big chunk of lint or fuzz stuck to its knee, and one's arm had fallen off. Nothing was obviously wrong with mine, though, a tiny amount of inevitable box damage aside.

I haven't taken it out of the box, yet, but it's a thing of beauty from what I can tell. Very big and impressive, paint seems flawless, and I love those bright yellow eyes. Weirdly enough, considering it's one of my all-time favorite suits, I'd never consciously registered that Kinggoji had yellow eyes. They're cool, anyway, and will help him stand out even more than he already will from my other two NECA Godzillers ('14 and '54). Also, holy carp that box. Pure, undiluted gloriousness. I hope NECA's future box art can be poster-based like this.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Any news on when G19 is going to release? I still see sites listing him as April, but I've heard May/June...honestly don't know what to believe lol.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla 1986 wrote:Any news on when G19 is going to release? I still see sites listing him as April, but I've heard May/June...honestly don't know what to believe lol.
Scroll up, my guy. NECA has it on the shipping calendar.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Yay, a Target finally stocked the 62 Gman in my area so I got my replacement hand for him. Kind of glad I only needed the hand because the paint job on the one I picked up today sucks badly.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Godzilla comes out on the 13th. Mothra on the 27th. Neca finally has them on the shipping calendar.