NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote: I respect your opinion, but I fully disagree with the underlined and bolded statements. When compared to the S.H. MonsterArts and official images of the suit, NECA's figure is not superior to the S.H. MonsterArts version in my eyes. It gets the general idea right, but lacks in certain areas of the sculpt that bring out the feel of the Godzilla suit.
If you say so. The only difference I see is the MA has better articulation, especially in the tail, but considering they can't even figure out how to make those joints work properly at times, that's not really a benefit. Not to mention the MA is $50 over priced.

We'll see what happens when I have the NECA one in hand though and I can compare all of the angles to the suits on screen.

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

godzilla1541 wrote:
Like I have said before the sculpting is fantastic. Coming back to the tail. I guess it’s just the angle it’s at that makes it look different on the suit. We won’t really know for sure with the Neca until we get him in hand.
Thanks for the detailed comparison! The NECA head looks wider than the suit to me. It does not look quite right head on. Otherwise it looks very well done.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:Massive post loving SHMA.
Every post I’ve never seen you make is glorifying SHMA and critizing NECA no matter what they do. NECA has made drastic improvements over the years while SHMA has degraded their quality over that same timespan. Seriously, a 20 dollar figure is outdoing a 100 dollar one. Face the music.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

G62 is officially on the Shipping Calendar for February 19
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

Fermix wrote:G62 is officially on the Shipping Calendar for February 19
Excellent! I'll be watching NECA's amazon and ebay shops, since those might be the first places it is available.

Cheers,

Ty

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Sweet, so I guess we can expect to see it in store in by the end of Feb, really excited for this one

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Amazon has him for pre order and says Feb 28......

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_s ... 4N2WGVU6WB

Who knows?
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

That's a third party seller.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:Massive post detailing the inaccuracies of NECA, in my own opinion. Made in response to a NECA vs. S.H. MonsterArts post.
Every post I’ve never seen you make is glorifying SHMA and critizing NECA no matter what they do. NECA has made drastic improvements over the years while SHMA has degraded their quality over that same timespan. Seriously, a 20 dollar figure is outdoing a 100 dollar one. Face the music.
I'm pretty sure that's not what I did. You couldn't even be bothered to take one actual quote from my post. That's probably because I made it clear on several occasions that I like the figure. I preordered it. But, I'm not going to pretend that it's the most accurate one out there. I'm not going to say that every other sculptor got Godzilla 1962's tail wrong because NECA made a mistake. It's a great sculpt, but to discredit other, more visibly accurate figures is something I disagree with.

And no, the S.H. MonsterArts sculpts haven't degraded in quality, which is what we're talking about here. I don't care what you think of the quality of anything else, since that's not what I addressed.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Fermix wrote:That's a third party seller.
So you gotta embarrass me in front of this group of people? These guy's are professional collectors and yet you embarrass me in front of them by stating the obvious........oh my Lawd how embarrassing......... :freak: :oops: :oops:

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

goji89 wrote:
Fermix wrote:That's a third party seller.
So you gotta embarrass me in front of this group of people? These guy's are professional collectors and yet you embarrass me in front of them by stating the obvious........oh my Lawd how embarrassing......... :freak: :oops: :oops:
Gottem.

I feel like if both the NECA and the SHMA were $25 I would go for the SHMA. The accuracy:price ratio here is what really seals the deal on the NECA for me. The beam and the gorgeous collector packaging is a nice bonus as well.

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

There will be no new classic Godzilla NECA figures at Toy Fair, according to their latest twitter post.

See the post here: https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/10 ... 2650517506

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

tycerium wrote:There will be no new classic Godzilla NECA figures at Toy Fair, according to their latest twitter post.

See the post here: https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/10 ... 2650517506
Makes sense. We’re presumably gonna get Godzilla and Mothra reveals from KoTM.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Probably get flamed for this...

I saw my first Neca Godzilla in person today. I have a couple Neca Predators and Xenomorphs, so I was expecting a cetain level of quality. I saw the Atomic Breath version Shin at Target. I had been watching for it there, as I didn't really want to buy one without being able to see it first.

In y'alls opinion, is this figure representative of the line?

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

No. The purple Shin is hot trash. They really dropped the ball on it. I give SHMA credit on that Godzilla rendition.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

TheDolphinKaijuGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheDolphinKaijuGod »

Castellan Zilla wrote:No. The purple Shin is hot trash. They really dropped the ball on it. I give SHMA credit on that Godzilla rendition.
Yeah. And not only does it have sloppy paint, the sculpt looks sorta weird, and even though all NECA tails suck... Shin sucks the most.
Resized Image 

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

ApexOversteer wrote:Probably get flamed for this...

I saw my first Neca Godzilla in person today. I have a couple Neca Predators and Xenomorphs, so I was expecting a cetain level of quality. I saw the Atomic Breath version Shin at Target. I had been watching for it there, as I didn't really want to buy one without being able to see it first.

In y'alls opinion, is this figure representative of the line?
No. The paint on it is definitely below all the other Figures in terms of Quality and Detail. The sculpting is really nice. But looks really off from certain angles. The Normal figure is a Good one. The Atomic version is definitely not a good representation of the line.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

The regular edition of Shin sucks too. Every figure is different. My Target currently has four of him. One has red skin with black veins. Another has black skin with a red tint over it. One has red veins with reddish skin. The other has black and red skin with a couple orange veins.

How the hell there is no consistency with that figure is staggering.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Randy confirms King of the Monsters is coming to Toy Fair.
https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/st ... 9460833280
:terrestris:

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Thanks guys, I appreciate your candor about the Shin. I was really kind of gutted when I saw it, I had wanted it to be good. I'd really like to have a Shin in my collection, I adore the design and the film. The Neca would have filled the bill nicely.