NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by godzilla1541 »

https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status/98 ... 47840?s=21 Neca supposedly making progress with toho on announcing the new figure

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Half of me wants to get excited, the other half feels its time for Randy to hype sdcc and then reveal no release at the last second.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

New Necazilla? I believe it when i see it...

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'll see all of you guys in therapy :lol:

Edit: Any word on that box thing?
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

So with TRU gone, what's the point? There are no physical stores that carry NECA's products.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:So with TRU gone, what's the point? There are no physical stores that carry NECA's products.
What's the point...? Uh, online ordering?

Plus, there are other physical retail centers, such as FYE, that carry NECA products.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Maritonic wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:So with TRU gone, what's the point? There are no physical stores that carry NECA's products.

Plus, there are other physical retail centers, such as FYE, that carry NECA products.
All FYE's are gone in my area. The last one closed up in Jan.

I don't order NECA products online due to too many quality control issues. They're paint jobs are horrible. They make the sometimes iffy paint jobs on MonsterArts look like Picaso's work.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

All FYE's are gone in my area. The last one closed up in Jan.

I don't order NECA products online due to too many quality control issues. They're paint jobs are horrible. They make the sometimes iffy paint jobs on MonsterArts look like Picaso's work.
Okay so. Let me get this straight.

You make a post asking "what's the point", assuming asking the point of NECA releasing more Godzilla figures, as there are no physical stores that carry NECA.

I reply telling you Online is an option and FYE is as well.

And your response is that NECA's paint is horrible.

So, my question to YOU is what's the point of you even asking the question to begin with? What difference does it make buying them online vs in store if you think their paint and quality control sucks? It's not going to be different in store vs. online, except you can see before you buy. But, this wasn't even your question to begin with. Your question was about the availability of the line because of TRU. Not, what's the point of the line continuing because of their QC/paint, but the point re: TRU's closing.

Added in 1 minute 48 seconds:
TLDR: ToysRus closing has LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO with NECA's paint.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

No, my point is that NECA doesn't have any physical store presence anymore.

You said online and I was telling you why I don't do online for NECA products.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:No, my point is that NECA doesn't have any physical store presence anymore.

You said online and I was telling you why I don't do online for NECA products.
Randy has addressed this with other lines. They are working on getting more figures into Best Buy and target as they already sell their god of war figures.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Not to mention most local comic shops and Game Stops have NECA figures. World doesn't revolve around ToysRUs.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Maritonic wrote:Not to mention most local comic shops and Game Stops have NECA figures. World doesn't revolve around ToysRUs.
I actually haven't bought anything from TRU in years. So many other options now. The one thing ill miss is taking my 2 year old there to get new toys.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Not to mention most local comic shops and Game Stops have NECA figures. World doesn't revolve around ToysRUs.
I actually haven't bought anything from TRU in years. So many other options now. The one thing ill miss is taking my 2 year old there to get new toys.
No doubt losing TRU sucks. But to say "what's the point" of continuing the Godzilla line because TRU is going out is hilariously out of touch with how the world actually works.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Books-a-Million is another place that carries NECA products. I got my 1954 Godzilla there a few weeks ago. Also, fingers crossed that the new figure is both announced soon and is something interesting. I'd be down for anything post-1954 Showa, Bio/Kinggoji, G2K/Giragoji, or Kiryugoji, obviously provided they turn out well.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

JAGzilla wrote:... fingers crossed that the new figure is both announced soon and is something interesting. I'd be down for anything post-1954 Showa....
I dare ya to be down for something pre-1954 Showa.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

G1985 wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:... fingers crossed that the new figure is both announced soon and is something interesting. I'd be down for anything post-1954 Showa....
I dare ya to be down for something pre-1954 Showa.
:lol:

I'm not holding my breath. But, I'm literally okay with any Godzilla at this point.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Maritonic wrote:

Exactly. I order most of my NECA products from online stores. The nearest TRU was never that close to me anyway...

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

Exactly. I order most of my NECA products from online stores. The nearest TRU was never that close to me anyway...
Yup. For me, I'd rather *KNOW* I have the product incoming, rather than take the risk of the store not having stock. My local TRU was terrible about keeping NECA figures. I get the whole "thrill of the hunt" thing, but it's definitely not for me haha.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Y'all speaking ill of a dead store is disturbing. It was a great store, it welcomed you warmly, it had great things others did not, it was a place to hang out, it gave me and my sons such great memories while making our toy collecting bonds stronger. We used to go there everytime we were in the city to browse and come out with alot of things, it gave us all the Neca Godzilla figures and pokemon cards we have.

Im gonna miss being a Toys R Us kid........ :cry:
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

goji89 wrote:Y'all speaking ill of a dead store is disturbing. It was a great store, it welcomed you warmly, it had great things others did not, it was a place to hang out, it gave me and my sons such great memories while making our toy collecting bonds stronger. We used to go there everytime we were in the city to browse and come out with alot of things, it gave us all the Neca Godzilla figures and pokemon cards we have.

Im gonna miss being a Toys R Us kid........ :cry:
All of this. I only wish the disgrace of the brand would close in Europe too. At least at the store nearest me, the selection is complete shit. RIP Toys R Us...

On the not being in physical stores anymore thing: it could be that Gamestop might sell NECA Godzillas, since they already sell tons of stuff including ArtFX statues, but it's an if. I would be lying if I said I didn't compare the figures in the store before deciding on which one I would buy.