NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: I think he was serious, I don't see Mandasaurus joke too often
Yeah, it's really late for me when posting this, so I honestly have no idea.
Yeah it's 3:45am here idk what I'm doin, I can't determine sarcasm this late :lol:
Same here. :lol:
Last edited by Gojira2K on Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Kaiju peeps! NECA has 62 in stock on their Amazon and ebay account! I'm buying one tonight! I can't wait for my 62 Goji to come in! :D Has anyone spotted him at Target? :shock:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Hellblaze wrote:Kaiju peeps! NECA has 62 in stock on their Amazon and ebay account! I'm buying one tonight! I can't wait for my 62 Goji to come in! :D Has anyone spotted him at Target? :shock:
He just shipped out on Tuesday (I believe) so I doubt Target has theirs yet.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Maritonic wrote:He just shipped out on Tuesday (I believe) so I doubt Target has theirs yet.
Yeah and I can't find him on Target's website. I don't mind buying him on ebay he'll be the same price as on Amazon so I can't wait to buy him tonight and he'll be at my doorstep next week. :D

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I doubt you'll ever see it on the Target website, look up NECA and most of the stuff is older and says not sold in stores, none of the current store items are on there.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:heh, I didn't know Instagram had Godzilla fan sites. I always thought Instagram and Pinterest were for girls and selfies. :lol:

I just go here and Toku-nation, it has all the news and pics I'm interested in.
I'd suggest looking around the YouTube Godzilla community, but...
In the past 2 years or so, it's been really bad on YouTube. Shin Godzilla split the YouTube base in half, and the anime trilogy just made it worse. I blame the huge number of little kids on YouTube who joined the Godzilla fanbase after seeing Godzilla 2014. I know they're just kids, but by god, the comment sections of most Godzilla videos look like landfills...

Instagram is pretty bland, honestly. Not much goes on there in terms of kaiju stuff.
Reddit is pretty fun, though. The people there are mostly just posting memes and talking about KOTM in civil debates.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:heh, I didn't know Instagram had Godzilla fan sites. I always thought Instagram and Pinterest were for girls and selfies. :lol:

I just go here and Toku-nation, it has all the news and pics I'm interested in.
I'd suggest looking around the YouTube Godzilla community, but...
In the past 2 years or so, it's been really bad on YouTube. Shin Godzilla split the YouTube base in half, and the anime trilogy just made it worse. I blame the huge number of little kids on YouTube who joined the Godzilla fanbase after seeing Godzilla 2014. I know they're just kids, but by god, the comment sections of most Godzilla videos look like landfills...

Instagram is pretty bland, honestly. Not much goes on there in terms of kaiju stuff.
Reddit is pretty fun, though. The people there are mostly just posting memes and talking about KOTM in civil debates.
This. All the little kids really know how to flip on a dime. It's like they treat the franchise like a bandwagon instead of something they genuinely care for as a whole. It's all that superhero DC vs Marvel nonsense getting to their heads, treating all G media as competition against each other
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Do you all think Monsterarts Ghidorah will scale well with the Neca stuff? Since no Neca KG, I’m just hoping Bandai’s can keep close to an accurate size that’s shown in the film with those figures.
:terrestris:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Havoks wrote:Do you all think Monsterarts Ghidorah will scale well with the Neca stuff? Since no Neca KG, I’m just hoping Bandai’s can keep close to an accurate size that’s shown in the film with those figures.
Definitely, he's absolutely huge, and the NECA figures are the same height as the Monster Arts versions

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Havoks wrote:Do you all think Monsterarts Ghidorah will scale well with the Neca stuff? Since no Neca KG, I’m just hoping Bandai’s can keep close to an accurate size that’s shown in the film with those figures.
Definitely, he's absolutely huge, and the NECA figures are the same height as the Monster Arts versions

Ok good, I wasn’t really worried with Neca’s Godzilla scaling with KG just Neca’s Mothra and Rodan, it’s hard to compare them with Bandai’s when we don’t have side by side pictures of them.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Havoks wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

Ok good, I wasn’t really worried with Neca’s Godzilla scaling with KG just Neca’s Mothra and Rodan, it’s hard to compare them with Bandai’s when we don’t have side by side pictures of them.
I actually think NECAs Mothra and Rodan are slightly smaller than SHMA, so it probably fits even better
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Havoks wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

I actually think NECAs Mothra and Rodan are slightly smaller than SHMA, so it probably fits even better
I’m hoping that’s the case.

Checked on Neca’s main feed on twitter and just someone telling people to be happy we’re getting Rodan and Mothra, expressing those who are mad entitled. Yes because I love being told one thing then later down the line told by the very same person that he didn’t say that and people shouldn’t assume. Yes “entitlement”.
Last edited by Havoks on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Havoks wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Havoks wrote:
I’m hoping that’s the case.

Checked on Neca’s main feed on twitter and just someone telling people to happy we’re getting Rodan and Mothra, expressing those who are mad entitled. Yes because I love being told something one thing then later down the told by the very same person that he didn’t say that and people shouldn’t assume. Yes “entitlement”.
Yeah a bunch of Alien/Predator fans think they know the exact situation Goji fans are going through because they have similar lines. But they have absolutely no clue how far back the Rabbit hole goes. It's all just "whining and entitlement" With NECA retweeting literally every one of them like a salty ex. I wouldn't be surprised if this hurts Goji sales tbh.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the respect isn't there for the line, I see it going the way of the Planet of the Apes.

I'm just glad I've got all the necessary preorders in months back
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: But now because of the news that we aren't getting Ghidorah, and the reasoning behind it, I am really sad, because it closes the door to a lot of other monsters. Biollante included.
Doubt we'll ever see Destroyah too which blows, since they've already done Burning G.
Wonder where Hedorah falls..
I don't think the reasoning behind not doing Ghidorah 2019 means that they wouldn't do Biollante or Destoroyah. If they felt there was a suitable demand for it, and assuming they have the rights, they could easily make those figures.

Destoroyah is the kaiju that would actually scale the same as the Otachi everyone loves trotting out as if it's the same as Ghidorah 2019, so it would probably be in the $50-$80 range. I mean, like Otachi he has one head on a short neck, one tail, and wings--not three long necks, two long tails, and a 2-foot wingspan. And he is taller than Godzilla and thicker, but he's still smaller than the 24" HTT Godzilla.

Biollante is a case where bendy wires would actually be probably the best bet for her tendrils, and body wise she would be around the same scale as Trespasser or the "Battle Damaged" Knifehead--again, $50-$80 range sounds realistic for her.

The question now is whether NECA has any rights beyond Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan. I mean, does Toho still ask for the same licensing rate for all the kaiju that they do for Godzilla? I wouldn't blame NECA for being hesitant about springing for the rights to the more obscure kaiju if that is the case. I mean, Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra are characters that the average person has actually heard of before even if they have never watched a Godzilla movie in their life. Even with Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah, you're more likely to encounter some confusion.

Presumably they also have the Ghidorah rights and could make classic versions, since this whole mess could have ended a little quicker if they just said "Our license did not include Ghidorah." Also, say what you will about Randy, his annoyed responses strike me as someone who is irritated that he couldn't do something (whatever the "true" reasons are) and keeps getting reminded of it by a lot of snippy comments. So, yeah, at this point I am more sympathetic to him than, say, the jackhole who Tweeted at him to drop the entire license because he didn't make one character.

Ironically, it occurs to me that Megalon is an obscure character that they might actually be interested in making. I mean, they clearly made Godzilla 1985 to cater to the nostalgia crowd and, ironically, I think Godzilla vs. Megalon has about the same level of recognition. Oh man, if only it wouldn't be incredibly poor taste to make a poster art 2-pack of Godzilla and Megalon on the Twin Towers...
Last edited by RandomDeinonychus on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: But now because of the news that we aren't getting Ghidorah, and the reasoning behind it, I am really sad, because it closes the door to a lot of other monsters. Biollante included.
Doubt we'll ever see Destroyah too which blows, since they've already done Burning G.
I don't think the reasoning behind not doing Ghidorah 2019 means that they wouldn't do Biollante or Destoroyah. If they felt there was a suitable demand for it, and assuming they have the rights, they could easily make those figures.
Sorry but if they won't/can't do KG they sure as hell won't do Biollante or Destroyah.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

Destoroyah is the kaiju that would actually scale the same as the Otachi everyone loves trotting out as if it's the same as Ghidorah 2019, so it would probably be in the $50-$80 range. I mean, like Otachi he has one head on a short neck, one tail, and wings--not three long necks, two long tails, and a 2-foot wingspan. And he is taller than Godzilla and thicker, but he's still smaller than the 24" HTT Godzilla.

Biollante is a case where bendy wires would actually be probably the best bet for her tendrils, and body wise she would be around the same scale as Trespasser or the "Battle Damaged" Knifehead--again, $50-$80 range sounds realistic for her.

The question now is whether NECA has any rights beyond Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan. I mean, does Toho still ask for the same licensing rate for all the kaiju that they do for Godzilla? I wouldn't blame NECA for being hesitant about springing for the rights to the more obscure kaiju if that is the case. I mean, Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra are characters that the average person has actually heard of before even if they have never watched a Godzilla movie in their life. Even with Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah, you're more likely to encounter some confusion.

Presumably they also have the Ghidorah rights and could make classic versions, since this whole mess could have ended a little quicker if they just said "Our license did not include Ghidorah." Also, say what you will about Randy, his annoyed responses strike me as someone who is irritated that he couldn't do something (whatever the "true" reasons are) and keeps getting reminded of it by a lot of snippy comments. So, yeah, at this point I am more sympathetic to him than, say, the jackhole who Tweeted at him to drop the entire license because he didn't make one character.

Ironically, it occurs to me that Megalon is an obscure character that they might actually be interested in making. I mean, they clearly made Godzilla 1985 to cater to the nostalgia crowd and, ironically, I think Godzilla vs. Megalon has about the same level of recognition. Oh man, if only it wouldn't be incredibly poor taste to make a poster art 2-pack of Godzilla and Megalon on the Twin Towers...
Since they won't do Ghidorah I highly doubt they'd do the bigger figures. Even though they can do a 24 inch Godzilla for $50.

But the way I see it,

I see Destroyah having the height and size of Knifehead, with 2 pretty big wings, now whether or not those wings are expensive I see it being a $65 figure.

Biollante would benefit from bendy wires and would likely be a very large figure, like also the height of knifehead, but he'd have to be extremely wide. So once again I see him being $65-$70

I'd love to see Hedorah, he'd have to be pretty tall and I have no clue how they'd incorporate joints but I see him being $45-$50
(Which I doubt they'd risk)

We now have to consider who is too niche to sell since that's Randy's motto, that cuts about 50% of the Showa era except the big 5 and most of the Heisei era. we also have to consider that he said they'd be doing a "Classic Styles" line. Which I'm pretty sure only consists of Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I really think if they're not going to do 2019 KGhidorah who is surely going to be a popular and sought after figure; they're definitely not going to do Destroyah or Biollante. Obscure figures that they'd only get a one use mold out of.

I'd like to see a 24" HTT 1954 Goji, or 6" 1962 Kong and Mecha-Kong, Showa era Gigan, MechaGoji Tokyo SOS style, Showa era Rodan, or G2000 with nice purple backplates.

I really can't imagine what they have in store for the future. But I'm pretty sure, "Large and Rare" are off the table. I feel like 2019 would've been the most popular and best selling Villain Kaiju out of the entire lineup, and if they're not going to do one that for sure is popular and would sell, they're definitely not going to do something like Smog-Monster or Biollante that's only going to sell to the serious die-hard collectors.

...imo.

I'd be shocked if they did. Because it wouldn't make any sense and would contradict what they're saying about KGhidorah.

Then again they've already contradicted themselves about KG, so who knows. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Since I've already bought every Goji they've made I sort of feel like for the sake of completion I'm in this until the end.

Regardless it does look like an exciting year. 56 repaint, 62 Goji, 19 and ver2 19 Goji, Mothra and Rodan,... that's not a bad year.

I'm very interested in what comes next however. It would be nice to see something new. I am a bit tired of Neca and SHM constantly doing the same exact character at the same time. And that happens over and over.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I really think if they're not going to do 2019 KGhidorah who is surely going to be a popular and sought after figure; they're definitely not going to do Destroyah or Biollante. Obscure figures that they'd only get a one use mold out of.

I'd like to see a 24" HTT 1954 Goji, or 6" 1962 Kong and Mecha-Kong, Showa era Gigan, MechaGoji Tokyo SOS style, Showa era Rodan, or G2000 with nice purple backplates.

I really can't imagine what they have in store for the future. But I'm pretty sure, "Large and Rare" are off the table. I feel like 2019 would've been the most popular and best selling Villain Kaiju out of the entire lineup, and if they're not going to do one that for sure is popular and would sell, they're definitely not going to do something like Smog-Monster or Biollante that's only going to sell to the serious die-hard collectors.

...imo.

I'd be shocked if they did. Because it wouldn't make any sense and would contradict what they're saying about KGhidorah.

Then again they've already contradicted themselves about KG, so who knows. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Since I've already bought every Goji they've made I sort of feel like for the sake of completion I'm in this until the end.

Regardless it does look like an exciting year. 56 repaint, 62 Goji, 19 and ver2 19 Goji, Mothra and Rodan,... that's not a bad year.

I'm very interested in what comes next however. It would be nice to see something new. I am a bit tired of Neca and SHM constantly doing the same exact character at the same time. And that happens over and over.
And it will continue to happen, because NECA has recently said "perhaps" to a '64 Goji, on the bright side that means they'll likely do a '64 Mothra too. But I wouldn't get my hopes up on any kaiju outside of the Big 3 and Mechagodzilla.

NECA recently also said on twitter what we were all thinking, the reason Otachi got sold for cheap is because they managed "to get more than one use out of it that we just cannot do with Ghidorah without the use of major retools and money"

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

eh, a 64 would be cool and I'd get it, but I already have the SHM 64. I'd rather see something "new". But that's just my own selfishness and I'm sure a ton of people would be pretty happy to see a 64 Neca.

(I'd love to see 64 Goji vs Mothra released on Bluray finally. Bugs the heck out of me there's a handful of movies like 64 and Astromonster that I can't get on bluray.)
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:eh, a 64 would be cool and I'd get it, but I already have the SHM 64. I'd rather see something "new". But that's just my own selfishness and I'm sure a ton of people would be pretty happy to see a 64 Neca.

(I'd love to see 64 Goji vs Mothra released on Bluray finally. Bugs the heck out of me there's a handful of movies like 64 and Astromonster that I can't get on bluray.)
Yeah I agree with you, I'd rather anything else. Just because I've seen it already, I want to see something different, let's get a MegaroGoji for a change. Why copy what your competitor is doing? It leaves the fanbase bored.

Yeah a cheaper 64 version would be good, I'd finally be able to get one. But since I've seen it already, I'd much rather have a DAM Goji or a Hedorah Goji
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.