NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

people talk about MechaGhidorah, or Showa Ghidorah. I think what they've done is show they have no interest in doing a Ghidorah. Ghidorah is almost always "Too Big."

If they're not making a Ghidorah/Villain from the 2019 movie which is sure to produce new fans and wow old fans, (i.e., make money!) ... they're not going to do a Showa Ghidorah or anything like that.

Which tells me we most likely will never get 'The Big 4' from any era.

At this point the only thing I'm hoping for is a nice Godzilla 2000 in their usual scale, and if we're really lucky maybe a 24" HTT 1954.

A Showa King Kong and Mecha Kong would be pretty cool too.

I have to say this latest news has definitely made me less excited about the line. I still like the line and will continue to support it. But it's a downer for sure knowing there will never be a complete Big Four.

Randy doesn't understand that when he said they were doing ALL the Kaiju in the new movie he seriously got a lot of peoples hopes and expectations up very high. Then instead of saying, "sorry we just can't do it" … he doubled down and turned on people with his, "I never said that" crap.

It's all just put a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe it's a good thing I never hear anything about or from Tamashi. At least in their silence I can just buy what I like from them and not feel like they have contempt for me as a collector of their product.

I work in a professional industry and I'm not used to seeing a customer relations person act like such an ass to the customers of the company.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Well enough about ghidorah. Lest descus Godzilla 62. Mine gets here this weekend. Can’t wait.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:people talk about MechaGhidorah, or Showa Ghidorah. I think what they've done is show they have no interest in doing a Ghidorah. Ghidorah is almost always "Too Big."

If they're not making a Ghidorah/Villain from the 2019 movie which is sure to produce new fans and wow old fans, (i.e., make money!) ... they're not going to do a Showa Ghidorah or anything like that.

At this point the only thing I'm hoping for is a nice Godzilla 2000 in their usual scale, and if we're really lucky maybe a 24" HTT 1954.

I have to say this latest news has definitely made me less excited about the line. I still like the line and will continue to support it. But it's a downer for sure knowing there will never be a complete Big Four.

Randy doesn't understand that when he said they were doing ALL the Kaiju in the new movie he seriously got a lot of peoples hopes and expectations up very high. Then instead of saying, "sorry we just can't do it" … he doubled down and turned on people with his, "I never said that" crap.

Maybe it's a good thing I never hear anything about or from Tamashi. At least in their silence I can just buy what I like from them and not feel like they have contempt for me as a collector of their product.

I work in a professional industry and I'm not used to seeing a customer relations person act like such an ass to the customers of the company.
Yeah 100%, I'm really only expecting them to touch on multiple Godzilla molds/repaints and maybe at best a 62 Kong/56 Rodan/67 Mothra
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:people talk about MechaGhidorah, or Showa Ghidorah. I think what they've done is show they have no interest in doing a Ghidorah. Ghidorah is almost always "Too Big."

Ghidorah was the one figure I was wanting most from them. He was the one that I was definitely going to buy no matter what. It really depressed me when I saw they weren't making him. Especially since I really do like NECA's products. I love both my Shin Godzilla's and 24" G14.

When I heard that they were going to do all the monsters that showed up in KOTM, I was ecstatic! Not only because we were getting, for the first time, new monster figures that weren't Godzilla, but it opened the door up to them making other classic monsters. Biollante was one I was hoping for the most, since she is my favorite Godzilla monster of all time.

But now because of the news that we aren't getting Ghidorah, and the reasoning behind it, I am really sad, because it closes the door to a lot of other monsters. Biollante included.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:

Ghidorah was the one figure I was wanting most from them. He was the one that I was definitely going to buy no matter what. It really depressed me when I saw they weren't making him. Especially since I really do like NECA's products. I love both my Shin Godzilla's and 24" G14.

When I heard that they were going to do all the monsters that showed up in KOTM, I was ecstatic! Not only because we were getting, for the first time, new monster figures that weren't Godzilla, but it opened the door up to them making other classic monsters. Biollante was one I was hoping for the most, since she is my favorite Godzilla monster of all time.

But now because of the news that we aren't getting Ghidorah, and the reasoning behind it, I am really sad, because it closes the door to a lot of other monsters. Biollante included.
Doubt we'll ever see Destroyah too which blows, since they've already done Burning G.
Wonder where Hedorah falls..
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Gojira2K wrote:-snip-
It might be the case for now that larger Kaiju are off the table, but who knows what the future holds? If the line does well with the new Kaiju, we may see the size of the Kaiju grow gradually like the Pacific Rim line did.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Moogabunga wrote:You can all say that Randy is acting irrationally, embarrassing the company (and that's true to a degree)...but a lot of the replies on Twitter are 100 times more embarrassing to the Godzilla fandom.
None of those people are representing entire companies with their Twitter accounts. That's the issue.
Moogabunga wrote:And these morons on there that are either calling for a boycott or for NECA to drop the license....who the hell is gonna replace them? What other company is gonna make high quality, low price figures? Genuinely curious... :eh:
McFarlane would probably kick their asses, honestly.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

I feel if this line starts selling more that it is currently. We will see larger Kaiju. Ghidorah included. They probably don’t think it will sell well enough with how the figures sell currently. So if the sales ramp up with KOTM I’m sure they will reconsider
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

godzilla1541 wrote:I feel if this line starts selling more that it is currently. We will see larger Kaiju. Ghidorah included. They probably don’t think it will sell well enough with how the figures sell currently. So if the sales ramp up with KOTM I’m sure they will reconsider
Maybe they're not selling as well as they'd like because they've only released strictly Godzilla and not everyone can afford other kaiju from other lines. 6 new molds in 6 years plus infinite repaints doesn't inspire much hope, yes licensing was a big issue, but they could at least tell us some of the items they have in the works now like they've done with AVPR Wolf/Predalien rereleases for 2019 and "Predators" rereleases for 2020. Mind you most Godzilla suits only require minor retools.

Here's to Mothra and Rodan changing all that.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucky Dragon
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lucky Dragon »

UltramanGoji wrote:McFarlane would probably kick their asses, honestly.
I'd rather have McFarlane than NECA at this point. Their Halo figures were superb.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Lucky Dragon wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:McFarlane would probably kick their asses, honestly.
I'd rather have McFarlane than NECA at this point. Their Halo figures were superb.
Mcfarlane is hitting their stride with multiple new licenses
DOOM
Fallout
Fortnite
Naruto
My Hero Academia
new sole proprietors for DC Comics collectibles

Their Halo line was superb
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:I feel if this line starts selling more that it is currently. We will see larger Kaiju. Ghidorah included. They probably don’t think it will sell well enough with how the figures sell currently. So if the sales ramp up with KOTM I’m sure they will reconsider
Maybe they're not selling as well as they'd like because they've only released strictly Godzilla and not everyone can afford other kaiju from other lines. 6 new molds in 6 years plus infinite repaints doesn't inspire much hope, yes licensing was a big issue, but they could at least tell us some of the items they have in the works now like they've done with AVPR Wolf/Predalien rereleases for 2019 and "Predators" rereleases for 2020. Mind you most Godzilla suits only require minor retools.

Here's to Mothra and Rodan changing all that.
Definitely see mothra and Rodan changing it. We have a 6 Figures slated for this year. And only two are repaints but they are extremely Cool and interesting repaints. I definitely see them ramping up production as the money starts to flow when Godzilla/ mothra release. Hopefully they do classic incarcerations of Mothra and rodan. Especially Showa Rodan. That will sell like no tomorrow.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Id love mcfarlane to pick up the license, he is my lord and savior.. he announced new articulated spawn figures. The mans a unit.

Hes only been doing articulated fortnite figures for a little less than a year now. They already have better paint and sculpts than the legends line. AND now he has the rights to DC... he wont be stopped

I suspect if kotm is a smash hit more companies will be looking to get G rights so we shall see
Last edited by Gahdzilluh on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Gahdzilluh wrote:Hes only been doing articulated fortnite figures for a little less than a year now. They already have better paint and sculpts than the legends line.
That's Hasbro, though. Doesn't take much to do better than them. :lol:

I agree about Godd McFarlane though.
Last edited by Noble Saber on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gahdzilluh wrote:Id love mcfarlane to pick up the license, he is my lord and savior.. he announced new articulated spawn figures. The mans a unit.

Hes only been doing articulated fortnite figures for a little less than a year now. They already have better paint and sculpts than the legends line. AND now he has the rights to DC... he wont be stopped

I suspect if kotm is a smash hit more companies will be looking to get G rights so we shall see
Question is, would it be possible for Mcfarlane to hop on the Godzilla train with NECA and SHMA? Or are there exclusivity deals in place?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I didn't think McFarlane was interested with Godzilla, since he he got his baby Spawn. MAYBE, but not really sure as of now.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Just Got the Email Conformation for 62. I usually order from amazon but This time I went with the eBay store. Should be here either Saturday or Monday

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I pre-ordered my 62 from BBTS so I'll probably get it midway through next month. Lol

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I pre-ordered my 62 from BBTS so I'll probably get it midway through next month. Lol
I may wait till it hits Target lmao, I'll see it in 4 months.

Added in 5 minutes 37 seconds:
So wow. That whole NECA thing really blew up on all those Insta fan pages, one side (Mainly the fan accounts themselves) are playing damage control calling out people for getting distraught over "toys" and the other side is arguing that they just wanted an affordable figure to complete a set.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I pre-ordered my 62 from BBTS so I'll probably get it midway through next month. Lol
I may wait till it hits Target lmao, I'll see it in 4 months.
Lol. Where are you located. I found out the reason West Coast gets Neca in target so fast is because of the Neca warehouse in Northern California. So it only takes a couple days for everyone to receive stock. It’s the representatives that stock them that are usually late.