NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by miguelnuva »

They should have tried a Mothra vs Godzilla 4 pack for $100 maybe even $120.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

$100 is way too Much. That’s only 3 unique scupts as one of the larva would have just been the same as the other and the Mothra Vs Godzilla Larva are tiny. If they theoretically did do one instead of the stand alone 64 release it would probably have been closer to $70. Yes mothra imago is large, but she wouldn’t really Need to have more articulation points than say what the revoltech mothra has.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

Hopefully Toho’s plan to make Godzilla global will open up the doors for companies to do more stuff from the franchise. I just want to have a showa Gigan before I die; from either Neca or shma. I don’t want to go buy the revoltech one and then one of them announce a figure.
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godzilla1541 wrote:$100 is way too Much. That’s only 3 unique scupts as one of the larva would have just been the same as the other and the Mothra Vs Godzilla Larva are tiny. If they theoretically did do one instead of the stand alone 64 release it would probably have been closer to $70. Yes mothra imago is large, but she wouldn’t really Need to have more articulation points than say what the revoltech mothra has.
It's high but it would have to be worth it for Neca. Mothra imago and Godzilla with his breath affect are or would be 22.99 I think so Neca wod charge that for the larva as well. That's about 90 for regular releases in store unless Neca would double pack the larva.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

master_of_monsters wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:If any of you think that NECA is going to make G98, guess again. Randy Falk said that the "G98 Goji would probably be the LAST Goji on their to-do list" Randy is NOT a fan of G98...
plus they don't really respond to things they don't like despite substantial demand (alien 3)
DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote:He said that at their Neca meet up event. I don’t think that He’s really a big fan of Godzilla (that’s why there’s not really any hype surrounding their Godzilla releases from them) and if he doesn’t really care for the property, he damn sure isn’t gonna make a figure of one of the most controversial Godzilla’s to date.
DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:which makes me wish for someone else to take the license even more
Yeah, I like all the ones they’ve made (I have them all) but there’s no point wasting time and the potential for a great Godzilla line. You can try to say it’s Tohos fault but it’s their ip and should expect a profit from it. It’s just that NECA has no interest (Randy) in making anything other than Godzilla. Again, due to them or really Randy’s lack of interest with the license.
Nathus214 wrote:I think it's odd that Randy went all in for Pacific Rim and refuses to get above the waist for Godzilla.
Sucks that the line is at the mercy of this Randy dude
(and Toho)
Last edited by GodzillaRangerPrime on Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Isn't Randy just the spokesperson? I thought he had a lot less control on the final decisions then everyone complains about

RIP Evan.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Isn't Randy just the spokesperson? I thought he had a lot less control on the final decisions then everyone complains about
He owns the company. If it’s something HE doesn’t like they won’t make figures of it. NECA is essentially just his own personal figure company that he gets to make figures that he wants. It just so happens they release these to the public as well.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

godzilla1541 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Isn't Randy just the spokesperson? I thought he had a lot less control on the final decisions then everyone complains about
He owns the company. If it’s something HE doesn’t like they won’t make figures of it. NECA is essentially just his own personal figure company that he gets to make figures that he wants. It just so happens they release these to the public as well.
Randy does not own the company. This is important, he is the Director of Product Development.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote: I just want to have a showa Gigan before I die; from either Neca or shma.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

godzilla1541 wrote: He owns the company. If it’s something HE doesn’t like they won’t make figures of it. NECA is essentially just his own personal figure company that he gets to make figures that he wants.

if only I had that *initiating fantasy*
your source of self destruction

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Fermix wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:
Randy does not own the company. This is important, he is the Director of Product Development.
Randy doesn't own the company but as the director of product development he's essentially the person in charge of making decision on what is or is not made.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ As Ultraman Goji said. That's it. He controls what is made, and what is NOT made. He dislikes G98, so as long as he's running the joint, it WON'T get made...

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Randy has tweeted out several times in the past about how much he hates Alien 3 and would never make a newborn figure, yet here we are. He has final say, yes, but he is also responding to the market.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I think it'd sell nice, it'd be the first major figure of G98 and they could easily repaint it to make the first figures of Zilla or Godzilla Junior (TAS). And, as I said, create versions based on the hatchlings if they wanted to, like Razor Fang who is red and purple with huge teeth.

Idk, I'm just thinking about it, It's not like I actually expect to ever see one, lol.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Thegarbagemonster wrote:I think it'd sell nice, it'd be the first major figure of G98 and they could easily repaint it to make the first figures of Zilla or Godzilla Junior (TAS). And, as I said, create versions based on the hatchlings if they wanted to, like Razor Fang who is red and purple with huge teeth.

Idk, I'm just thinking about it, It's not like I actually expect to ever see one, lol.
this. gimme it now

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Their tnmt pack on loot crate is fully funded. Maybe in the future, they could do a G’98 on loot crate.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote:Their tnmt pack on loot crate is fully funded. Maybe in the future, they could do a G’98 on loot crate.
they got approval for that loot crate "mint chip" Godzilla without any problem (although it looks pretty goofy)
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

master_of_monsters wrote:they got approval for that loot crate "mint chip" Godzilla without any problem (although it looks pretty goofy)
Hey!.. that’s one of my favorites. I like to leave it under my lamp and see how long I can get it to glow in the dark.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I wonder when Volcano Godzilla 2019 will come out

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:they got approval for that loot crate "mint chip" Godzilla without any problem (although it looks pretty goofy)
Hey!.. that’s one of my favorites. I like to leave it under my lamp and see how long I can get it to glow in the dark.
makes me wonder why they didn't do that with burning godzilla