NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Where are you guys finding the Atomic Godzilla figure? I have looked at multiple GameStop, FYE, Target, Books a Million, comic shops and nothing not even a space where he should be.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Mothra arrived today at my doorstep!

I'm stoked at how tiny she is while having so much sculpted, I did a little repaint over her, just to highlight some parts of the sculpt, like all her fur and the antenae.

I have the right wing problem, that's my only disappointment, but other than that, this figure is just perfect.

Still, screw NECA for giving us their false advertisement with the larvae.

She looks beautiful when facing Rodan.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Destorogoji wrote: I have the right wing problem, that's my only disappointment, but other than that, this figure is just perfect.
Can you use the right secondary wing to support its pose? That's what I do.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Orichalcum wrote:
Destorogoji wrote: I have the right wing problem, that's my only disappointment, but other than that, this figure is just perfect.
Can you use the right secondary wing to support its pose? That's what I do.
Yeah, I remembered your post from a few days ago so that's exactly what I do. It works pretty good.
I think about doing a little custom work there, maybe a little nail polish or something like that will fix it.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Someone mentioned that just the other day and said it worked great for them so that's certainly an option.

Would love to see your custom work on her when you get the chance

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

My Mothra repaint.
Lynn
PHIL 4:13

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

I want NECA to release a bioluminescence version when she glows at the end of the movie!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

it seems like she was blue for most of the movie. I recall one shot of her flying where for a second there she was orange like the toys.

But most of the time she seemed to look blue.

So..... probably there will be a repaint at some point.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I wish more people customed their NECA's, Id love to see a blue Mothra fanpaint

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

It's hard to tell what's her actual color since she only appears for like 5 minutes and she's either hidden by water, debris, at night or using her godrays.

On the other hand, that gives a lot of freedom to every customizer to give her the colors they want.
Last edited by Destorogoji on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

yeah I was disappointed that they only had her in the movie for so little time when by far she was the best designed Kaiju in the film!
dont get me wrong loved Godzilla and Ghidorah and Rodan designs but they were still close to the Toho designs while Mothra was a lot different.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Destorogoji wrote:It's hard to tell what's her actual color since she only appears for like 5 minutes and she's either hidden by water, debris, at night or using her godrays.

On the other hand, that gives a lot of freedom to every customizer to give her the colors they want.
yeah I was surprised how much effort and detail went into Mothra in the behind the scenes part of the disk. Because they'd show you her animation layer by layer and you're like, "Wow, so detailed" ... then they cover the whole thing up with a waterfall. :roll:

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Based on what I was able to see of Mothra during the movie and some of the concept art for her final design, I just added some black, white, terracotta and orange to highlight the already beautiful sculpt. I'm happy with the results.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

The Neca G'19 V2 arrived today
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Congrats, looks nice. I think mine might come today too.

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:Congrats, looks nice. I think mine might come today too.
Yes, it's a nice paint job on this figure. The effects parts are a nice addition, it's just that the 2 pieces should have been able to actually connect/snap in together. Got mine 2 weeks ago @ a Gamestop. Now looking forward to Fire/Burning/Critical Mass whatever it's called 2019 Godzilla. Any word on release date?

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

No I've been trying to keep an eye out for that too but I haven't heard anything, not even an official announcement.

All of know about is the next 1964 Neca Godzilla and the Mothra/Rodan SHM set coming out in November.

Those are the only ones I know about coming soon.

Looking forward to pre-ordering the Critical Mass Godzilla. That one pic I saw looked great.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I'm craving that 64' so so bad lol I wanna use it as a nice 64 v2 representative. Love how ideal 60's Godzilla it looks

Now all we need is a 66' figure and a 71/72 for the 70's

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

rob559 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:Congrats, looks nice. I think mine might come today too.
Yes, it's a nice paint job on this figure. The effects parts are a nice addition, it's just that the 2 pieces should have been able to actually connect/snap in together. Got mine 2 weeks ago @ a Gamestop. Now looking forward to Fire/Burning/Critical Mass whatever it's called 2019 Godzilla. Any word on release date?
If I do unbox V2, I sorta think the 2 seperate effect pieces might offer some effect variety like the fire and a seperate explosion for a cityscape diorama. In this case BBTS pulled through with quick delivery for me. Might do the same and pre order the fire version through them as well when it is offered.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

i posted pix of my v2 on my insta
its a nice figure!
Want the Godzilla vs Mothra re issue also