NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by G1985 »

Fermix wrote:
G1985 wrote:-snip-
Lmao don't even bother, Kain has shown on multiple occasions that he doesn't care about the process that goes into licensing Godzilla merch. Which, to his credit, is a fair stance. I just don't understand the need to check in every once in a while and moan about it.

ROFL it's bad enough when your chosen hobby prevents you from keeping a girlfriend, but when your toymaker-crush starts spurning you too? Bar the (parents) basement door, 'cause there'll be hell to pay!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Anyone notice how in that box there's a Godzilla 1995? So it's Godzilla Jr? Interesting as how they never made an actual G95 figure.
Oddly, there's no G2001, either. I can only assume G1995 is meant to represent NECA's 1994 release, since that mold was retooled into their Burning Godzilla anyway. A bit disappointed in the lack of a mini NES Godzilla :(
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Anyone notice how in that box there's a Godzilla 1995? So it's Godzilla Jr? Interesting as how they never made an actual G95 figure.
Oddly, there's no G2001, either. I can only assume G1995 is meant to represent NECA's 1994 release, since that mold was retooled into their Burning Godzilla anyway. A bit disappointed in the lack of a mini NES Godzilla :(
Good catch about the missing NES and GMK figures.

Looking at the box silhouettes, it looks like there's one generic body/dorsal set that's shared across five figures (1954, 1985, 1995, Reactor Glow and Burning). Of these five, the three heisei figures all have the same heads and tails. The 1954 and 1985 have the same body, but share a second head type and each has a unique tail. 2014 and Shin have completely unique heads, bodies, and tails.
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

G1985 wrote:
Fermix wrote:
G1985 wrote:-snip-
Lmao don't even bother, Kain has shown on multiple occasions that he doesn't care about the process that goes into licensing Godzilla merch. Which, to his credit, is a fair stance. I just don't understand the need to check in every once in a while and moan about it.

ROFL it's bad enough when your chosen hobby prevents you from keeping a girlfriend, but when your toymaker-crush starts spurning you too? Bar the (parents) basement door, 'cause there'll be hell to pay!
lol :mrgreen:

Don't be so hard on yourself, man.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

Does anyone know when the blind boxes will be released?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:Does anyone know when the blind boxes will be released?
According to Figures.com, they are due "late this year/early 2019". Given that Godzilla:KOTM will be released in March of 2019, I suspect we won't see them until January at the earliest.
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Godzilla blind Box Figures? SOME ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS!
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:Godzilla blind Box Figures? SOME ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS!
Go back a page......
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I saw it. I really want 1984 goji and shin.
Last edited by SuperPawnageGigan on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

They still didn't get 1984 right!

Those monsters!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

ROMG4 wrote:They still didn't get 1984 right!

Those monsters!
Honestly, looking at it closely, it's just a minute palette swap of the 1954 figure. Probably the worst figure of the lot, honestly.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

UltramanGoji wrote:

Those monsters!
Honestly, looking at it closely, it's just a minute palette swap of the 1954 figure. Probably the worst figure of the lot, honestly.
The 1984 and 2014 figures are the ones I'm most excited about, but overall it does appear that there's a lot of part reuse. I worked this up this morning, on the assumption that the silhouettes are reliable:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

They're cheaply made blind box figures. Hell you guys expect...?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

G1985 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

Those monsters!
The 1984 and 2014 figures are the ones I'm most excited about, but overall it does appear that there's a lot of part reuse. I worked this up this morning, on the assumption that the silhouettes are reliable:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/0YLeizk.jpg
Hey, thanks for this! Looking at them with your chart, it does actually appear to have some unique molding. That's a relief.
Maritonic wrote:They're cheaply made blind box figures. Hell you guys expect...?
Nobody's really treating them any differently...? Discussing the differences (and choosing a "worst figure") isn't anything out of the ordinary.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

UltramanGoji wrote:

Those monsters!
If I'm right and Kidrobot is using the same head on both the 54 and the 85, IMO the "worst figure of the lot" should be awarded to whichever figure has the wrong head. My guess is that honor will go to the 1954 for using generic spines, a generic body, and a 1984-shaped head.
Last edited by G1985 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Honestly, I don't care. Politics have no business being involved with toys. You either release toys, or you don't. It's as simple as that. NECA needs to either gives us Godzilla figures, or don't bother at all. There is no reason to keep telling us, "Oh, you're going to see something soon, we promise for real this time." Then go on to say,, "Just kidding, but you believed us again. Haw Haw!"
Again, NECA can only release what the licence holders, WB and/or Toho, allow them to release. They obviously want to release them, because they’re a business that wants to make a profit.
Well Twitter seems to be the place to go to get official statements from our Fuhrer, so it must be the most professional place on the planet.
You just said that politics have no business being involved with toys, then in the same post you bring politics into a thread about toys...

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

Let's not bring politics into the thread. We already have a thread dedicated to discussing that. Thanks.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

GodEmperorGabara wrote:Let's not bring politics into the thread. We already have a thread dedicated to discussing that. Thanks.
LOL please leave Shin Godzilla out of this!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

G1985 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

Those monsters!
I worked this up this morning, on the assumption that the silhouettes are reliable:

Nice, thanks for putting the work in.

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Where are these Kidrobot type figs usually sold? I usually don't get this kind of figure/toy. I'll pick up a few. Hopefully the Atomic Reactor one will glow in the dark. :mrgreen: