NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Post by the-killer-wc »

I hope that at some point we get Godzilla 98, i loved the movie as a kid, it would be great adition, i would get two, one to leave alone and the other one to paint like in the show.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Would '98 not fall under the trademark of Zilla? And in that case, would it not be impossible for NECA to do it without purchasing the Zilla rights?
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Fermix wrote:Would '98 not fall under the trademark of Zilla? And in that case, would it not be impossible for NECA to do it without purchasing the Zilla rights?
Godzilla 98 is still Godzilla and would be able to be made. It couldn't however be repainted into Zilla from final wars or IDW.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Fermix wrote:Would '98 not fall under the trademark of Zilla? And in that case, would it not be impossible for NECA to do it without purchasing the Zilla rights?
Godzilla 98 is still Godzilla and would be able to be made. It couldn't however be repainted into Zilla from final wars or IDW.
It COULD be repainted with a similar color palette representing Zilla from FW or IDW's incarnation. A characters coloring does not = it's licensing rights. There are few cases where that can be true however but I highly doubt NECA won't repaint it to any of those coloration because licensing blocks.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Dang Neca's gonna be taking my money in May with the release of their G2016 figure and their new Alien series 11 figures, since I've decided to get back into collecting Aliens and Predators.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Shin's probably the most excited I've been for a NECA since pre-reveal '84. Might be a bit early to say, but he may very well be my favorite of the line.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Mechagigan wrote:Shin's probably the most excited I've been for a NECA since pre-reveal '84. Might be a bit early to say, but he may very well be my favorite of the line.

I agree. I think the final is going to be better than the prototype. In terms of hiding joints because the prototypes for GMK had knee gaps but those where gone on the final product

ShodaiGoji
Samurai

Post by ShodaiGoji »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:So guys IF Neca was allowed to do Other monsters how do you think that they will handle them. Let's use King Ghidorah as an example, what will they do with the heads, will they be bendy wire or have actual joints
I would prefer bendy wire, it would look better for posing to me tbh.
Depends on how heavy the heads are. My main concern would be the weakening of the wire from years of holding up a figure's head. The only thing I think could be done to avoid that is to make the head hollow, sculpt the head small or just bite the bullet and give us sturdy neckjoints.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

ShodaiGoji wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:So guys IF Neca was allowed to do Other monsters how do you think that they will handle them. Let's use King Ghidorah as an example, what will they do with the heads, will they be bendy wire or have actual joints
I would prefer bendy wire, it would look better for posing to me tbh.
Depends on how heavy the heads are. My main concern would be the weakening of the wire from years of holding up a figure's head. The only thing I think could be done to avoid that is to make the head hollow, sculpt the head small or just bite the bullet and give us sturdy neckjoints.
Good point, i didnt think of that.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

The survey is still running strong and it seems the fans are hungry for 1962 the most. Almost everyone who voted has cast him in their ballots.

1. 1962
2. 2000
3. 1998
4. 2004
5. 1964, 1968, 1974 tie

Meanwhile, Stan Winston remains as the number one most desired "misc" Godzilla with HB Godzilla taking second. Super Godzilla remains at third, but it seems either a Trendmasters-based Power Up Godzilla could come up and replace him. It's still anybody's ball game.

Send in your votes, people!
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 11&t=26342

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Thats disappointing, everyone knows they really want a 2003 Godzilla the most....... :angel:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I understand why a lot of people want G98 but aren't we wasting our vote when Randy straight up said he hated G98 and it would be the last figure NECA would do?

As for 1962 I mentioned this before I could see Neca holding that off till 2020 so they can do a wave like this.

1. Godzilla 2020
2. Godzilla 1962
3. Kong 2020
4.King Kong 1962
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I mean, we don't even know if Randy will give a damn about any of this
I know Tamashii didn't so I just didn't waste my time voting.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I mean, we don't even know if Randy will give a damn about any of this
Randy: "I don't like the 1962 version so we won't do it."

The Godzilla fandom would be extremely salty.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I mean, we don't even know if Randy will give a damn about any of this
Yup, my sentiments exactly.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

goji89 wrote:
The most hilarious part about you two is the fact you think these are being done exclusively to send to NECA (or Tamashi or any other future company I/we do similar surveys for). You know when someone says "Gee, I want a *insert kaiju/Godzilla* from this company!" and then some other jobber comes along "Eww! Who wants that!?"

Well, here's the list.

These are not, and have never been done, to send to their respective companies. These are merely poll results showing what fans want. If you don't want to partake, good for you. I (and many others) really don't care what you have to say anyway. You can go be salty about Monster X making SHMA#1 and 1998 making NECA's top five elsewhere. But stop trying to act like these surveys are being done just so we can have a chance of impacting what gets made. Because they're not. And never once have I (nor anybody else) ever claimed they are or will have any impact on future releases.

Now go complain about it on the Facebook pages. ;)

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
goji89 wrote:
The most hilarious part about you two is the fact you think these are being done exclusively to send to NECA (or Tamashi or any other future company I/we do similar surveys for). You know when someone says "Gee, I want a *insert kaiju/Godzilla* from this company!" and then some other jobber comes along "Eww! Who wants that!?"

Well, here's the list.

These are not, and have never been done, to send to their respective companies. These are merely poll results showing what fans want. If you don't want to partake, good for you. I (and many others) really don't care what you have to say anyway. You can go be salty about Monster X making SHMA#1 and 1998 making NECA's top five elsewhere. But stop trying to act like these surveys are being done just so we can have a chance of impacting what gets made. Because they're not. And never once have I (nor anybody else) ever claimed they are or will have any impact on future releases.

Don't get riled up over both our worthless opinions. You did a TK poll hey that's great, good job. I just don't care for polls in general. And only salty one is you with your post.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

goji89 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
goji89 wrote:

Well, here's the list.

Don't get riled up over both our worthless opinions. You did a TK poll hey that's great, good job. I just don't care for polls in general. And only salty one is you with your post.
Oh, trust me champ, this isn't me getting riled up. I'm just growing annoyed with having to explain that these aren't official nor are they being done with the mindset that we'll make a difference. Because, you know, on the internet: WHAT IS READING!?

And it's not really an opinion when you flat out say "I don't partake because they won't make a difference anyway!" As if you're trying to feed into the belief we're holding these for the sake of trying to make NECA make certain Godzilla designs or Tamashi make certain kaiju.

Quote of the Year:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
goji89 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:

Well, here's the list.

Oh, trust me champ, this isn't me getting riled up. I'm just growing annoyed with having to explain that these aren't official nor are they being done with the mindset that we'll make a difference. Because, you know, on the internet: WHAT IS READING!?

And it's not really an opinion when you flat out say "I don't partake because they won't make a difference anyway!" As if you're trying to feed into the belief we're holding these for the sake of trying to make NECA make certain Godzilla designs or Tamashi make certain kaiju.
I never believed any company would see your poll. I agreed with the fact they wouldn't give a damn. What I'm saying is I don't care for polls champ. Whether any one monster is #1 I could care less because its up to the company to decide. I know its for shits and giggles and its all right, but don't just assume I thought any different. You want to see which monster the average TK'er wants that's fine, I don't partake in your poll who cares right? Anyway I'm done talking about dis, its boring me.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

goji89 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
goji89 wrote:

I never believed any company would see your poll. I agreed with the fact they wouldn't give a damn. What I'm saying is I don't care for polls champ. Whether any one monster is #1 I could care less because its up to the company to decide. I know its for shits and giggles and its all right, but don't just assume I thought any different. You want to see which monster the average TK'er wants that's fine, I don't partake in your poll who cares right? Anyway I'm done talking about dis, its boring me.
Lain wrote:I mean, we don't even know if Randy will give a damn about any of this
goji89 wrote:Yup, my sentiments exactly.
Which is it? Are you not voting because you don't like polls or are you not voting because Randy/Tamashi will not give a damn? Pick and choose.

Quote of the Year: