NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

So anyone gotten the mint chocolate chip Godzilla yet?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

MM Raids Again wrote: Which is it? Are you not voting because you don't like polls or are you not voting because Randy/Tamashi will not give a damn? Pick and choose.
The latter for me!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:So anyone gotten the mint chocolate chip Godzilla yet?
Debating on getting one or not. Waiting till we see some actually in hand.
Godzilla21 wrote:The latter for me!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Not going to ship out until the 20th at least. Also LootCrate outside the US is very expensive. :freak: But I'm a hopeless addict so I'm getting this month's crate.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
goji89 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Oh, trust me champ, this isn't me getting riled up. I'm just growing annoyed with having to explain that these aren't official nor are they being done with the mindset that we'll make a difference. Because, you know, on the internet: WHAT IS READING!?

And it's not really an opinion when you flat out say "I don't partake because they won't make a difference anyway!" As if you're trying to feed into the belief we're holding these for the sake of trying to make NECA make certain Godzilla designs or Tamashi make certain kaiju.
I never believed any company would see your poll. I agreed with the fact they wouldn't give a damn. What I'm saying is I don't care for polls champ. Whether any one monster is #1 I could care less because its up to the company to decide. I know its for shits and giggles and its all right, but don't just assume I thought any different. You want to see which monster the average TK'er wants that's fine, I don't partake in your poll who cares right? Anyway I'm done talking about dis, its boring me.
Lain wrote:I mean, we don't even know if Randy will give a damn about any of this
I know Tamashii didn't so I just didn't waste my time voting.
goji89 wrote:Yup, my sentiments exactly.
Which is it? Are you not voting because you don't like polls or are you not voting because Randy/Tamashi will not give a damn? Pick and choose.
Both. I don't care for polls and I know they won't give a damn so I choose the center square.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

goji89 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
goji89 wrote:
I never believed any company would see your poll. I agreed with the fact they wouldn't give a damn. What I'm saying is I don't care for polls champ. Whether any one monster is #1 I could care less because its up to the company to decide. I know its for shits and giggles and its all right, but don't just assume I thought any different. You want to see which monster the average TK'er wants that's fine, I don't partake in your poll who cares right? Anyway I'm done talking about dis, its boring me.
Lain wrote:I mean, we don't even know if Randy will give a damn about any of this
I know Tamashii didn't so I just didn't waste my time voting.
goji89 wrote:Yup, my sentiments exactly.
Which is it? Are you not voting because you don't like polls or are you not voting because Randy/Tamashi will not give a damn? Pick and choose.
Both. I don't care for polls and I know they won't give a damn so I choose the center square.
Then why do you feel the need to CONSTANTLY hammer this irrelevant fact into everyone's head whenever one of these starts up. You do it at the beginning and virtually every time an update gets posted on the results until its finished? "TEH LULZ GUYZ! This here poll won't do anything! But I already know that. But that's why I won't take part, guys! I don't like polls!"

*Week or so later*

"Okay, here's some updated results."

"I don't like polls, that's why I don't take part! Hey guys, watch my post count rise!"

You do it so much every time one starts up you're coming off as a troll more than anything. And I can't imagine such a dignified person such as yourself resorting to troll tactics.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I got a poll for you, Goji89.
Spoiler:
IT'S A PENIS JOKE
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
goji89 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:

Then why do you feel the need to CONSTANTLY hammer this irrelevant fact into everyone's head whenever one of these starts up. You do it at the beginning and virtually every time an update gets posted on the results until its finished? "TEH LULZ GUYZ! This here poll won't do anything! But I already know that. But that's why I won't take part, guys! I don't like polls!"

*Week or so later*

"Okay, here's some updated results."

"I don't like polls, that's why I don't take part! Hey guys, watch my post count rise!"
What the hell are you talking about? Post counts? Stop grasping at straws to validate my critism of your little poll. Only poll I have said anything about is the MA one in which Monster X was #1. I have yet to say anything about this poll aside from agreeing to Lain. But hey I get it, you don't like the critism and that's fair but don't turn this into a big thing. I'm done talking about something I'm not that invested in.

Added in 55 seconds:
LamangoKaijura wrote:I got a poll for you, Goji89.
Spoiler:
IT'S A PENIS JOKE
Now that's a poll I want to see......no wait never mind, never mind..... .

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

how about we stop with this nonsense
Resized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Darth Kiryu wrote:
Not going to ship out until the 20th at least. Also LootCrate outside the US is very expensive. :freak: But I'm a hopeless addict so I'm getting this month's crate.
When you get it can you post pics?

Dont worry im an addict to figures too.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Hopefully getting Minty for my upcoming birthday. If nothing else, I hope the glow effect works well - it'd be a real standout. They should add that effect to spitfire GMK's spines.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

If you're interested in getting the Loot Crate Godzilla figure, there's a special today for one-month subscriptions to the DX box: 50% off with coupon code LUCKY50. That's basically $25 shipped for a NECA figure and some other stuff.

Of course, if you're like me and already ordered the crate, you're SOL.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Starsteam wrote:If you're interested in getting the Loot Crate Godzilla figure, there's a special today for one-month subscriptions to the DX box: 50% off with coupon code LUCKY50. That's basically $25 shipped for a NECA figure and some other stuff.

Thank you for the heads up! If my paycheck hits today I'll definitely consider.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Starsteam wrote:If you're interested in getting the Loot Crate Godzilla figure, there's a special today for one-month subscriptions to the DX box: 50% off with coupon code LUCKY50. That's basically $25 shipped for a NECA figure and some other stuff.

Nice! Thanks for the info.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Any poll updates?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

I was quite displeased when I saw that in my email. I could have waited had I known about it. LootCrate is more than double the price here. Don't move out of America, people. X_X

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Wait, I have two questions. Is the special just for today or is it for the weekend? Also where did you find that info at?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Kaijunator wrote:

Wait, I have two questions. Is the special just for today or is it for the weekend? Also where did you find that info at?
I received it in a email from them this morning, but you can see the full information posted here.
https://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com ... te-dx.html

It doesn't actually say "today only", I just assumed it was St. Patrick's Day themed. The link above says it's for the next three days, but the email never specified that.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Starsteam wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:

I received it in a email from them this morning, but you can see the full information posted here.
https://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com ... te-dx.html

It doesn't actually say "today only", I just assumed it was St. Patrick's Day themed. The link above says it's for the next three days, but the email never specified that.
Nice. Thank you.

It also says two figures for the DX crate. Interesting.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

If anyone's wondering what kind of stuff is set to be in the crate (based on hints and spoilers I've seen)
Spoiler:
-NECA Atomic Glow Godzilla
-King-sized Drinkware (King Kong?)
-Digital Comixology sample of Kong: Skull Island #1 (will probably be a code attached to a pin or sheet)
-Animal reading material (Either referring to the Kong comic sample or a Animalman comic since Loot mentioned that Animalman is one of the themes)
-2nd figure (Probably Predator related)
-Shirt (Could be Godzilla, Kong, or Predator related)
Also, the regular edition of Loot Crate works with the 50% off code too. Nothing Kong or Godzilla related in it, but it is said to include a Jurassic World collectible.
LootWear has Godzilla socks, but the code won't work with those.

Don't forget to cancel those one-month subscriptions to avoid them charging you for next month's crate on April 5th.