NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

you will not regret it. I have every single Neca Goji and the new Bio-Goji is absolutely fantastic.

_He's a chonky-boi!_

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

He's here, and I do not regret it! He's big, bulky, and the sculpt is stellar; once again, the pictures don't do it justice. The inaccurate eyes are the only thing to complain about, and really I don't even mind them. They actually make it look more ferocious than the suit did, which is cool. Now I just need to get the damn tail attached, which is always needlessly stressful...

EDIT: And it's on. Holy God, that took some doing. Almost an hour, and literally harder than anything I've done at work in years. :cry: Had to heat the tail up, slather the joint and socket both with dish soap and olive oil, and strain until both arms were sore, but I got it. Totally worth the effort, though, because this comes real close to surpassing Kinggoji as my favorite NECA figure, in large part because the gigantic tail and its articulation are so impressive. Damn you again, Playmates, but at least NECA went out at the top of their game.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

Finally have the Neca Godzilla line wrapped up. I ordered the variant 89 and 03 from targets website. Also got the reissue 2014 for the new packaging. It also holds a sentimental value as well. Due to being the figure that kicked off my Godzilla collection in 2014.
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Left my Covid-19 comfort zone to pick up the missing NECA figures. Went to Target, bullseye *rimshot*. Got a MosuGoji in a worn box, but hey - can always pick that one up later. Pondering on the way home where I can pick up a normal BioGoji and KiryuGoji. I know Midtown Comics has them, but I have a soft spot for just going to the store myself if possible. Realized the local comic book store is still opened. Haven't been there since the shut down. There's a reason why I call it ol' reliable. Right there, as soon as you enter on the rather dedicated Godzilla shelf. Basic Mosu and KiryuGoji. Super happy.

Absolutely NECA's best so far. Though, someone refresh me, what happened with the rights and NECA and these guy production run? Correct me if i'm wrong and im sure I am, NECA lost the rights and was able to do only 1 production run of the final set? Am I correct on that, that's what I'm remembering.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

SpaceG92 wrote:Left my Covid-19 comfort zone to pick up the missing NECA figures. Went to Target, bullseye *rimshot*. Got a MosuGoji in a worn box, but hey - can always pick that one up later. Pondering on the way home where I can pick up a normal BioGoji and KiryuGoji. I know Midtown Comics has them, but I have a soft spot for just going to the store myself if possible. Realized the local comic book store is still opened. Haven't been there since the shut down. There's a reason why I call it ol' reliable. Right there, as soon as you enter on the rather dedicated Godzilla shelf. Basic Mosu and KiryuGoji. Super happy.

Absolutely NECA's best so far. Though, someone refresh me, what happened with the rights and NECA and these guy production run? Correct me if i'm wrong and im sure I am, NECA lost the rights and was able to do only 1 production run of the final set? Am I correct on that, that's what I'm remembering.
That is pretty much correct, Neca lost the rights to produce these figures only 1 month after the standard 89 and 03 releases with the repaints just bearly being shipped out within a month of the standards. If I’m correct Everything Got reissued in mass before Neca had to stop production and target supposedly bought all the stock(which if you’ve seen a lot of targets right now this proves true) The standard 89 and 03 on only had one production run that seemed relatively small mostly due to them selling out the second the line was announced to be ending. The repaints are more plentiful due to them being in less demand. But overall there is gonna be less of these molds in the world simply due to the way they came out.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Godzilla 2003 is just sooo good. Assuming Brodie Perkins sculpted both the 89 and this figure, major props to him for nailing the 03. I plan on picking up at least 89 soon, but honestly, these things kind of sit on the shelves here at my Target so I'm no real rush to get them.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

Still dreaming that neca comes back with the godzilla license and we get a 68, 74, 00 and 04. Those are the most notable ones to make and are distinctly different in design to one another.
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

snagged a 2003 for a custom
your source of self destruction

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I was at a target today Christmas shopping and noticed the NECA section had been massively restocked. Piles of Godzilla figures I haven’t seen in a while, including the regular paint versions of ‘89 and ‘03 goji, 2019 burning goji, and more. All back in the nerd/collector section near electronics.

Worth a look if you’re missing something from the boxed releases. They had most (maybe all? I didn’t dig too deep because I have the figs I want) of the boxed figures in multiples.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:42 pm I was at a target today Christmas shopping and noticed the NECA section had been massively restocked.
I just went to my local Target and Wal-Mart today, and both had *zero* NECA Godzilla product on the shelf and no open spaces for it.
Last edited by G1985 on Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bardo117
Yojimbo

Post by Bardo117 »

Happy New year to all the collectors out there. Haven’t seen a single figure in the stores for about 3 months now.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

My closest target still had several Neca Gojis on the shelves a few days after Christmas. Granted they had a HUGE restock before Christmas so it looks like they sold most of it. But there are still a handful left.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

I thought my target was out due to all the ones on the shelf being sold before Christmas. Then all of a sudden they pull out MORE. looks like some places still have spare stock.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I am curious how profitable the Godzilla license was for Neca. Seems like these things were everywhere at stores which either means a.) they were shelfwarmers or b.) they were so incredibly popular Target ordered them by the boatloads which I really doubt.

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

Noble Saber wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:01 pm I am curious how profitable the Godzilla license was for Neca. Seems like these things were everywhere at stores which either means a.) they were shelfwarmers or b.) they were so incredibly popular Target ordered them by the boatloads which I really doubt.
I heard that Target bought the remaining stock of figures once NECA lost the license. I know that at my local Targets it's pretty bare, but then again I Haven't been to one in a few weeks.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

So, is there anything to this rumor that NECA has the Ultraman license and plans to do figures? Apparently one of their associated arms is putting out an Ultraman plush, and maybe the rumor springs sole from that?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

I’m not much of an Ultraman fan, but if I could get a couple of figures from the original show at the price and quality of the most recent NECA Godzilla figures I probably would.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ultraman figures would be neat. They'd maybe even scale well with some of the Pacific Rim figures. They'd be way too big for the Godzillas. Of course it probably won't happen but I'd be down for it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

The Zilla in Manila
Samurai

Post by The Zilla in Manila »

I tried to avoid the slippery slope of even beginning to collect the NECA Godzilla figures but oh my word, a store 40 minutes away from me had slashed their stock 50% off. I couldn't stop myself from grabbing the Biollante and 2014 version. Now I need the Shin Godzilla, Mothra and 1985 in my collection. I saw them at Target for the longest time but never wanted to pay full price, but now I'm willing.

Damn it.
Resized Image

"It's funny because I was sitting there with [President Barack] Obama and Leo's [DiCaprio] is talking about the environment and I'm talking about clothes. And everyone looks at me like that's not an important issue or something." - The Brain of Kanye

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

The Zilla in Manila wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:38 am I tried to avoid the slippery slope of even beginning to collect the NECA Godzilla figures but oh my word, a store 40 minutes away from me had slashed their stock 50% off. I couldn't stop myself from grabbing the Biollante and 2014 version. Now I need the Shin Godzilla, Mothra and 1985 in my collection. I saw them at Target for the longest time but never wanted to pay full price, but now I'm willing.

Damn it.
Oh dang, not a Target store I assume? Because if it is I'm gonna need to start searching all over again, I'll happily add more to my collection for those prices.