NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
UltramanGoji

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by UltramanGoji »

It's a real nice item but like others, no place for it in my collection. Too generalized. I understand it's a public domain version but there's nothing grabbing me about it. I have no attachment to a generic version of Kong that doesn't scale with anything.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:I had an awful thought! Here's a scenario for you guys. This is pretty much impossible, I know, but just imagine it; What if NECA actually had sculpts in the works for G2000 and GFW, but since they got cancelled by Playmates, Playmates just used the sculpts to make their own versions a la what they did to Shin?

Imagine that...holding an awful plasticy shiny G2K.... Knowing it could've been a full NECA....

x3 It's impossible, of course, I just had to share. Boil your blood a little!

All I've wanted from NECA or SHMA is a film Godzilla 2000

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Yeah I hate that he is this size, only thing I got that is an actual match up is mezco kong. We will see how he scales to the big neca godzilla but it seems he is only half way there in size, had neca made him 2 inches smaller or 2 inches bigger I would be all over the place, heck I would have ordered one of those over priced that are already on ebay. But instead we just get a kong with nothing he can fight but another kong from other line.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Mezco Kong is too big too. Barely scales with my NECA 62 Goji.

Yeah, this scale sucks but I'm still keeping my pre-order. By a longshot, this is the best Kong figure I've seen and it maybe having to share the shelf with an old dinosaur/be on his own is a small price for that

RIP Evan.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

It’s a great figure and is more or less a ‘33 Kong, I’m very impressed and tempted and know I’d have fun taking photos for sure. Passing comes down to not having a place in my display where it would fit in, $30 for a few photos isn’t worth it.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I'm getting it, perfect size to go with my PacRims and 24" g14
your source of self destruction

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote: How well was the box protected during shipment?
Went out on a trip so sorry for the late response. It was standard packaging with the back, bottom, and top of the box being the most guarded yet it was the back where it was most dented. The sides weren't protected which left a small dent on the side but nothing to complain about. Overall I'm glad I got a 89. Just waiting for them to ship 2003.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I wonder how he scales with the beast that is 2003 Goji? Right now my Pac Rim figures are with the 24' Godzilla but 2003 might take the cake.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Yeah nah that Kong is a no-go for me LOL, what is that scaling?!? Is he supposed to be displayed with their horror line?

Too many other lines doing more attractive line-ups of figures this year than NECA currently, to bother spending close to $40 for this Kong.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Kong is sized appropriately for every other major line they do. Its not Kong's fault that their Godzillas are of a much smaller scale. Neca's Godzilla line doesn't scale with anything hardly. Not even other Neca figures. Why is the big Godzilla only 12 inches when all their other large figures are 18 inches?
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

I ordered this, so i'll get it (someday...)

But yeah, the scale is a letdown, I wanted to put this on the Legendary shelf!

The big Neca '14 is already brawling with the McFarlane '33 Kong (those two get along fine), so what can i do with this one?

If it's tall enough (which I doubt) i can get rid of the Mac Farlane and put this one on it's exhibition-scene base (with the little BROWN-HAIRED Fay Wray), but it would still be awkward.

Guess i'll play with it on my desk, and that's it!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

miguelnuva wrote:I wonder how he scales with the beast that is 2003 Goji? Right now my Pac Rim figures are with the 24' Godzilla but 2003 might take the cake.
I don't think so... 2003 isn't that much taller than 2019. It's just that his proportions are a lot larger and he has a huge tail. The Kong would still tower over him.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Kong is definitely awkwardly big, but I'll grab one anyway. It's a nice figure, and how many good looking official Kong figures am I going to find for NECA's price point? I don't care much about scaling, anyway; my collection is pretty varied and will continue to be so going forward.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

JAGzilla wrote:Kong is definitely awkwardly big, but I'll grab one anyway. It's a nice figure, and how many good looking official Kong figures am I going to find for NECA's price point? I don't care much about scaling, anyway; my collection is pretty varied and will continue to be so going forward.
Had this been proportioned like the '33 Kong stop motion model, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It's a mutt, however. It has skinny arms and a long torso without a barrel chest. The legs and the neck need to be shortened considerably. Overall, it lacks the overall proportions of a gorilla. The calmer portrait IMO is the only thing that evokes the '33.

Resized Image
Last edited by G1985 on Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Its basically MonsterVerse Kong with 33 head.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Not even, KSI Kong doesn't have those proportions.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If anyone has the planet of the apes line pose Kong with them since they had that comic crossover.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I don't mind that it's a hybrid. It'd be nice to have an actual movie version, but it's very obviously Kong, and really it's kind of cool to have a toyline-specific version, sort of like what Trendmasters did with its Godzilla toys.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Found a neat thing. Looks a lot better than the production line sculpt. I guess the teeth were lost in transition?
https://brodieperkins.com/projects/8lJrVm

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Found a neat thing. Looks a lot better than the production line sculpt. I guess the teeth were lost in transition?
https://brodieperkins.com/projects/8lJrVm
Ehh. I think the final product came out better. The tail, spines, feet, and super large bottom teeth don’t look as good as the final product. The tail looks like an older Neca tail length. The spines are way too jagged for 89, and the feet look like the Neca 84’s. Super flat skinny and long nails. Glad it got refined for the final Toyfair prototype
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.