NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Hellblaze »

Guys, NECA has Mothra in stock! Go to ebay or Amazon! Toy hunters, tell us if you found Mothra at Gamestop or Target!
Last edited by Hellblaze on Thu May 23, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Based this on the poster.

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
Hellblaze wrote:Guys, NECA has Mothra in stock! Go to ebay or Amazon! Toy hunters, tell us if you found Mothra at Gamestop or Target!
Sadly, Gamestop doesn't have NECA Mothra on their website for now, so no looking up local stop and placing holds.
Last edited by GFAN198423 on Thu May 23, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Okay, that's the *third* time you've posted this, and I would have thought you got the message.

Creative pictures have a Creative Pictures Thread. You know this because you posted this there. If you're not contributing to discussion with the picture, don't post it. No need to post it in multiple threads.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I thought it was a glitch, not everyone goes into every thread, sorry.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Just noticed this while browsing google for info on Mothra. Looks like her two little arms are hinge joints. Makes sense. I was worried that they'd be made of ball joints, and start falling off. I could be wrong on this too, but does it look like the wings are on a hinge joint, but attach to the body at a ball joint?

Last edited by KingKaiju on Thu May 23, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

KingKaiju wrote:Just noticed this while browsing google for info on Mothra. Looks like her two little arms are hinge joints. Makes sense. I was worried that they'd be made of ball joints, and start falling off. I could be wrong on this too, but does it look like the wings are on a hinge joint, but attach to the body at a ball joint?

-snip-
The wings are a swivel-hinge combo, and I believe the arms connect into the main body on ball joints.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Fermix wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Just noticed this while browsing google for info on Mothra. Looks like her two little arms are hinge joints. Makes sense. I was worried that they'd be made of ball joints, and start falling off. I could be wrong on this too, but does it look like the wings are on a hinge joint, but attach to the body at a ball joint?

-snip-
The wings are a swivel-hinge combo, and I believe the arms connect into the main body on ball joints.
o0oo0o0o0o very nice. I don't think I've been this excited to buy a mothra figure ever. Can't wait!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

NECA is good at pulling off articulation even with small limbs, though you'll feel they're fragile at times. Their T2 Sarah Connor has seriously thin arms but still has the same articulation as Terminator with Arnold's physique.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Still think they could've added a joint to the elbows and knees.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:Still think they could've added a joint to the elbows and knees.
You feel the same way about the S.H. Monsterarts, of course? Considering the prototype for that Mothra shows basically the same articulation shown on the NECA.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
You feel the same way about the S.H. Monsterarts, of course? Considering the prototype for that Mothra shows basically the same articulation shown on the NECA.
Yeah I feel the same way about SHMA. They just lack an excuse since normally ppl pay for the extra articulation.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu May 23, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Yeah I feel the same way about SHMA.
Excellent, then. Was gonna say...

I'd be concerned about the fragility of the joints that small, for both lines. Granted I don't have Mothra in hand to feel how strong the legs are. But still.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Yeah I feel the same way about SHMA.
Excellent, then. Was gonna say...

I'd be concerned about the fragility of the joints that small, for both lines. Granted I don't have Mothra in hand to feel how strong the legs are. But still.
Lol, I'm not as biased as it may seem, I promise.

It would be a concern, but on the other hand these are technically "fragile" collectibles to begin with, so I'd assume the risks would be taken for the best possible product. even just a hinge in the joints itself would've sufficed, similar to a female figures arms, thin but enough to fit a joint in-between, it wouldn't have to be anything crazy like a double hinge.

Just enough so that I feel like I paid for more than just a cool sculpt on a (very) small figure.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu May 23, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Maritonic wrote:I'd be concerned about the fragility of the joints that small, for both lines. Granted I don't have Mothra in hand to feel how strong the legs are. But still.
Definitely, look at this shot.

https://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uplo ... es-063.jpg

Her legs look just a bit thicker than a Godzilla finger, anyone with the 2014 or 2019 Godzilla can look at their figure and imagine how tiny she is. I feel like she's going to be more amazing to see in person because she looks to have a lot of detail in her body at such a small size.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GFAN198423 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I'd be concerned about the fragility of the joints that small, for both lines. Granted I don't have Mothra in hand to feel how strong the legs are. But still.

Her legs look just a bit thicker than a Godzilla finger, anyone with the 2014 or 2019 Godzilla can look at their figure and imagine how tiny she is. I feel like she's going to be more amazing to see in person because she looks to have a lot of detail in her body at such a small size.
Tbh she looks like she's about the same size as the Jakks figure lol.

Added in 3 hours 9 minutes 33 seconds:
Does anyone recall how long it took BBTS to get the G19 figure after it had released at retail? I know normally it's about 2-3 weeks but I could've sworn it was a bit quicker this time around, like about a week. I've got the set on preorder, so I'll just wait the week or so for Mothra.

Anyway, there's a review that was just posted on the new NECA Mothra.

(Warning: She has wobbly wings. So be prepared with some superglue)

I'm not sold on it, maybe it'll be better when I have it in hand, but it looks as small as the Jakks one with larger less complicated painted wings. If the wobbly wings become a common issue that'll be extremely disappointing. Plus if that's the case, I'd have had to fixed every Godzilla release since G62.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu May 23, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:

Tbh she looks like she's about the same size as the Jakks figure lol.

Added in 3 hours 9 minutes 33 seconds:
Does anyone recall how long it took BBTS to get the G19 figure after it had released at retail? I know normally it's about 2-3 weeks but I could've sworn it was a bit quicker this time around, like about a week. I've got the set on preorder, so I'll just wait the week or so for Mothra.

Anyway, there's a review that was just posted on the new NECA Mothra.

(Warning: She has wobbly wings. So be prepared with some superglue)

I'm not sold on it, maybe it'll be better when I have it in hand, but it looks as small as the Jakks one with larger less complicated painted wings. If the wobbly wings become a common issue that'll be extremely disappointing. Plus if that's the case, I'd have had to fixed every Godzilla release since G62.
Doubt it’s a wide spread issue. Especially since his other wing is fine, if anything heating up the wing and letting it cool will probably fix it, of corse it’s gonna be as small as the Jakks as this mothra is extremely tiny. It looks almost exactly like the prototype so that’s great. Can’t wait to get mine!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I've been so caught up on King of the Monsters stuff I haven't stopped to really take in what a well made, fun figure the '62 is, can't wait to see more from the classics if they live up to this.

More images in the tag below.
Spoiler:

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

agreed, '62 was never a favorite suit but I liked the Neca so much I bought two of them. One is still in the box and the other is displayed in front of the box.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:agreed, '62 was never a favorite suit but I liked the Neca so much I bought two of them. One is still in the box and the other is displayed in front of the box.
Ditto with the exception that '62 is my favorite suit.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:agreed, '62 was never a favorite suit but I liked the Neca so much I bought two of them. One is still in the box and the other is displayed in front of the box.
Same, the suit by nature is an easy pass for me, but the figure was so well done I couldn't resist buying one, especially seeing it in the store for myself. I would love to see a 64/65 of the same quality.