NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
UltramanGoji

Re: NECA GODZILLA 1994 AND GODZILLA 1984 (85) EXCLUSIVE REVE

Post by UltramanGoji »

Manda2012 wrote: Kinda surprised that Toho is letting NECA do these. Well, if Bandai at some point views these as cutting into their market share, that'll be the end of it.
I-uh, what..?

This doesn't make any sense.

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

Manda2012 wrote:It's not bad, but as someone else said, it looks more like a comic-book representation of G94, than the actual suit. The SHMA version looks like the suit walked right off the screen, & I already have that one. I have more interest in the G84, as SHMA has not tackled that one yet.

Kinda surprised that Toho is letting NECA do these. Well, if Bandai at some point views these as cutting into their market share, that'll be the end of it.
Yeah I also thought that NECA only had rights to the Legendary License rather than the master license held by Toho. I guess the Toho embargo is over if NECA has already made it this far.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'm sure if Bandai had an issue with NECA doing classic Godzilla figures and had any input on letting them or not, it'd be worked out already, so whether they like it or not, it's happening.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I think the scupt looks decent. Although I'm not digging the more scaley look.

Even though I have the SHMA G94, I just might pick this guy up, but you better believe I am excited to get the G84 figure!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Just what I said. In Japan, Bandai is the equivalent of Mattel & Hasbro COMBINED here in the US. The Big B is one of Toho's biggest licensors/partners, & NOTHING happens toy-wise in regards to Godzilla, that Bandai doesn't have their finger in. Think it's a coincidence that the main toy line for G2014 is being made by Bandai? JakksPacific got the go-ahead on the 31-incher, cuz Bandai doesn't make anything like that. NECA got the go-ahead as Bandai does not perceive them as competition. However, if down the road, Tamashii Nations believes that NECA is cutting into their sales....

I doubt that NECA's license is for more than a year, then it would need to be renewed....

EDIT: Don't fool yourselves. If Bandai didn't 'like it', it wouldn't have happened. Bandai is probably taking a 'wait & see' attitude right now. Never underestimate how tight Toho & Bandai are. They've been in business together for DECADES.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

No doubt, I've heard that Bandai can even extend it's control to companies like Sideshow who don't even make anything like what Bandai does. They definitely have a lot of pull, but who knows how far that extends. Can they stop X-Plus? Sure Bandai doesn't regularly do 12" but it's semi-competition. Now Diamond's doing figural banks that could be looked at like any Bandai vinyl.

I think it's safe to say this new movie has opened some doors and anyone willing and able is jumping at it.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I didn't notice the greenish tint on the body before, guess my phone isn't bright enough. But even with that, I think it still looks good. Thougj, I wouldn't be surprised if it was removed.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

GFAN198423 wrote:No doubt, I've heard that Bandai can even extend it's control to companies like Sideshow who don't even make anything like what Bandai does. They definitely have a lot of pull, but who knows how far that extends. Can they stop X-Plus? Sure Bandai doesn't regularly do 12" but it's semi-competition. Now Diamond's doing figural banks that could be looked at like any Bandai vinyl.

I think it's safe to say this new movie has opened some doors and anyone willing and able is jumping at it.
X-Plus makes STATUES, not poseable figures, not vinyls. Hence, they are NOT in direct competition with Bandai. And before any of you mention Y-MSF, they are a very small company, flying under Bandai's radar, like some do. Do you see Mattel or Hasbro making Godzilla stuff? No, & you won't, as that would compete with Bandai America. Bandai does not do 'figural banks' either. If Toho owns it, Bandai has first dibs. Period.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Manda2012 wrote:X-Plus makes STATUES, not poseable figures, not vinyls. Hence, they are NOT in direct competition with Bandai.
X-Plus aren't posable, but they're vinyl.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Ya know, I got a sense of scale for this Godzilla figure in that NO NO picture. I think this Godzilla could scale well with the Jaegers.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I doubt Bandai will have any problem with NECA. Bandai isn't making affordable posable Godzilla figures. If a collector wanted a super-detailed Godzilla, they would still look towards them, just as people look toward Xplus. They're niche and don't suit everyone's needs, so it's about time other Godzilla products entered the market. I seriously doubt that there would be a massive shift in sales.

Frankly I'm glad that I'll be able to talk about Godzilla toys again. It got annoying checking the toy forum and seeing the SHMA being the only thread with new posts for days-on-end. I have nothing against the SHMA fanbase, but that line was really starting to take over the Godzilla market.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

im honestly a little disappointed in the figure. its to glossy being one of my complaints
Resized Image

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Beef Bigshot wrote:im honestly a little disappointed in the figure. its to glossy being one of my complaints
It's okay, the paint job in the stock photo usually never matches the physical figure. He doesn't look glossy in the leak photo.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Mr. X wrote:
Good thing the Monsterarts never had that problem!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/pr ... 2P0003.jpg

This isn't directed at anyone in particular - the NECA figures are more accident-prone, but it's not like the SHMA have never had issues and are flawless. NECA has some issues here and there, so has SHMA. SHMA has far less, yeah, but for the price you expect them to be well-put together.
-Big Chap's dome is known to not be fully connected
-Alien Warriors come with warped legs
-Some even have missing inner mouths
- Said warriors also snap at the hip extremely easy
-Striker Eureka's hips are horrible
-Kick-Ass figures are known to flake after a while
-ED-209 breakage reports
- Constant loose hips reported on Predators

And that's not counting the occasional QC hiccup that happens outside of the standard issues, like Leatherback's hand literally not being sculpted entirely for me. NECA has serious issues that should be considered features at this point. KG was a fluke.

DarkLord
Monarch Researcher

Post by DarkLord »

What I find particularly exciting is the possibility of Neca releasing 18" figures of the most popular designs. :D

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

DarkLord wrote:What I find particularly exciting is the possibility of Neca releasing 18" figures of the most popular designs. :D
I hope the Showa suits won't touch that mark to keep'em in scale (All though, somewhere along the line they might have 18' 1954). Another Heisei monster might fit it fine by me.

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

More Showa needs to be released. Monsterarts has Heisei covered. It's getting oversaturated at this point.

DarkLord
Monarch Researcher

Post by DarkLord »

Unit~NoA wrote:
DarkLord wrote:What I find particularly exciting is the possibility of Neca releasing 18" figures of the most popular designs. :D
I hope the Showa suits won't touch that mark to keep'em in scale (All though, somewhere along the line they might have 18' 1954). Another Heisei monster might fit it fine by me.

Neca apparently tweeted that there will eventually be an 18" G '14, which is very exciting news indeed! If they were to release a '54 and/or an '89-'91 at a future date, I would be both thrilled and satisfied!

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

DarkLord wrote:
Unit~NoA wrote:

Neca apparently tweeted that there will eventually be an 18" G '14, which is very exciting news indeed! If they were to release a '54 and/or an '89-'91 at a future date, I would be both thrilled and satisfied!
Now a 91 would be a great release...provided they don't take too many liberties with it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Let SHMA do G 89/91. NECA should focus on are Showa guys.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image