NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Post by Chris55 »

Mechagigan wrote:Huh... maybe it can turn out to be a 'trust' thing, then?

On the other hand, I think it's always been obvious there's a Bandai bias of some kind; they've been in the Godzilla market for way longer, after all. Maybe they're being a pal and reserving other Kaiju to SHMA.
Bandai USA or Bandai Japan?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

Chris55 wrote:Toho doesn't own characters like Mothra and Jet Jaguar but whatever the in depth reason is that Neca can't make them, it's between them and Toho
Whoa, seriously? Why is that?

And who owns the rights to those two characters, then?

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
Chris55 wrote:Toho doesn't own characters like Mothra and Jet Jaguar but whatever the in depth reason is that Neca can't make them, it's between them and Toho

Whoever created them. I don't know the names. Simon went over it in one of the GU podcasts we did like 10 years ago.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Chris55 wrote:
RandomDeinonychus wrote:

Whoever created them. I don't know the names. Simon went over it in one of the GU podcasts we did like 10 years ago.
No way, I would think they would at least always own Mothra.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Toho must have some form of partial ownership over Mothra or why does Mothra not have her own side deals apart from Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

miguelnuva wrote:-or why does Mothra not have her own side deals apart from Godzilla.
She did - it was the RoM series. Didn't do to well.

Mothra also doesn't have a 60+ year 30+ film series in her name could be the answer as well.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

More pics in spoilers.
Spoiler:

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

I'd guess that whoever wrote The Luminous Fairies and Mothra would own the rights to the character. As for Jet Jaguar, the owner would have be the kid who came up with the Red Arone design.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:I'd guess that whoever wrote The Luminous Fairies and Mothra would own the rights to the character. As for Jet Jaguar, the owner would have be the kid who came up with the Red Arone design.
That makes total sense, especially for Mothra. Totally forgot she was based on that. Don't forget, not like she started off as something to fight Godzilla anyway, like Rodan.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

Fermix wrote:
godzilla5417 wrote:
Fermix wrote:I don't see it happening. I don't think they can make enough figures to recoup their losses on buying the licensing rights.
How well do Neca's Godzilla figures sell anyway? Were I live you can find them at practically every comicbook shop, especially when the are recently released figures.
Randy has said about a year back that they sell pretty well. The stores around me up here in Canada never have their Godzilla figures for more than a week.
Canada eh! I live in Canada to, more specifically Vancouver.How much do stores around you sell Neca Godzilla figures for?In Vancouver the general price that every comicbook shop I have visited sell's them for $35.
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

godzilla5417 wrote:Canada eh! I live in Canada to, more specifically Vancouver.How much do stores around you sell Neca Godzilla figures for?In Vancouver the general price that every comicbook shop I have visited sell's them for $35.
Here in the GTA I can find them for $30- $32
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ya know IF they made a 24in Godzilla 1954, it'll be cool if they gave him white translucent dorsal plates.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Just went to Toys R Us and they are full stocked with Neca toys and the best Godzillas are all there . There was G14 G 54 and of course G01 and since I already own the other two I bought a GMK!!!!!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I've had that same luck @ my TRU. Then just like the wind when I return they vanish.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

goji89 wrote:I've had that same luck @ my TRU. Then just like the wind when I return they vanish.
Same this is the first time since before Halloween that they have had Godzilla figures but when they do it's usually the best figures in the line

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

godzilla1541 wrote:Just went to Toys R Us and they are full stocked with Neca toys and the best Godzillas are all there . There was G14 G 54 and of course G01 and since I already own the other two I bought a GMK!!!!!
lmao mine was cleared out except for like 20+ GMKs, it was quite a sight to see.
Sorry for the absolutely massive image it was taken on my phone.
:gigan:

bczilla91
Monarch Researcher

Post by bczilla91 »

I wonder if NECA would look at doing another G'14 figure...compared to the other Godzilla's he seems kinda small.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'm sure we'll see an updated Legendary Godzilla with the sequel.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I'm STILL waiting for NECA to do Godzilla 1964 from MOTHRA VS. GODZILLA, since I can't afford S.H. MonsterArts or X-Plus figures. :huge:
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I'm STILL waiting for NECA to do Godzilla 1964 from MOTHRA VS. GODZILLA, since I can't afford S.H. MonsterArts or X-Plus figures. :huge:
Emergence is KINDA cheap at $54.99. He's been like that for a while now.

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii- ... onsterarts

Save up! :)