NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yes the bastard likes to play with our minds.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I think it's important to remember that 'one day in the future' could mean '5 years from now.'

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

I'd rather they focused on Godzillas from the Showa era since Bandai isn't going to be doing them anymore. Plus, you never know, with them knocking 54 out of the park, they may actually do a better 64 Godzilla than Bandai did. Then again, there is that matter of the bendy tail.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

As much as more Showa Godzillas would rule I would love an 89 or 91 figure. Those are my favorite Godzilla designs.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

2004Zilla wrote:I think it's important to remember that 'one day in the future' could mean '5 years from now.'
I'm gonna go ahead and say....maybe not to that prediction. A better time frame is...idk, New York Comic Con in October?

Is NECA going to that?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

I hope "one day in the future" is soon. With '54 (FINALLY) being released, we have nothing new on the horizon to look forward to (besides a general "more are coming").
Maverick Centigrade wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:I think it's important to remember that 'one day in the future' could mean '5 years from now.'
I'm gonna go ahead and say....maybe not to that prediction. A better time frame is...idk, New York Comic Con in October?

Is NECA going to that?
Last I heard they weren't sure.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Honestly, 89-91 is probably one of the figures I'd least want... It is different from the 94 they already made, but unless it's significantly better, I'd see it as unnecessary. I'd rather more specific/unique Godzillas be made.... Like GMK (please) or 62.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Mechagigan wrote:Honestly, 89-91 is probably one of the figures I'd least want... It is different from the 94 they already made, but unless it's significantly better, I'd see it as unnecessary. I'd rather more specific/unique Godzillas be made.... Like GMK (please) or 62.
I hope G'62 is last and is their worst figure ever... So BARAGONZILLA can suffer. :twisted: :twisted:
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Chris55 wrote:Who knows? But, maybe a new figure will just show up on TK one day in the future.
It'd be awesome to see NECA delve more into the 12" tall figure realm, a 12" version of the '54 would be great.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

GFAN198423 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:Who knows? But, maybe a new figure will just show up on TK one day in the future.
It'd be awesome to see NECA delve more into the 12" tall figure realm, a 12" version of the '54 would be great.
A 12" 54 would be a dream come true. I didn't buy the big 2014, but I'd totally get that.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Mechagigan wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:
A 12" 54 would be a dream come true. I didn't buy the big 2014, but I'd totally get that.
First we need a 12" BG with that lights up and roars.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

miguelnuva wrote:91 does look different from 94 look at the pictures I posted.
Yes, we - hard core Godzilla fans - all already knew that the suits look different. That's why we, you know, discuss them as distinct Godzilla designs all the time. The point stands that they are sufficiently similar - more similar to each other that a more casual consumer isn't likely to see them as sufficiently divergent from each other to feel a compulsion to buy and display both.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

eabaker wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:91 does look different from 94 look at the pictures I posted.
Yes, we - hard core Godzilla fans - all already knew that the suits look different. That's why we, you know, discuss them as distinct Godzilla designs all the time. The point stands that they are sufficiently similar - more similar to each other that a more casual consumer isn't likely to see them as sufficiently divergent from each other to feel a compulsion to buy and display both.
Exactly my point, it's a real shame they have no plans of doin a G2K anytime soon, since it sported a design vastly different than the ones before it.
So really, other than maybe GMK Goji, the Showa suits would be the best pick. I would say G64/65 would be a good choice.
I know the odds are super low, but I'd honestly like to see a G67.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Kaijunator wrote:First we need a 12" BG with that lights up and roars.
Not if it's just a 12" version of what they've put out, if they did an all new sculpt that truly looked like the '95 I'd be down for it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I noticed people keep bringing up hardcore fans notice the difference between 91 and 94 but casuals range from thinking all the suits look the same to they can tell the difference.

During my marathon for example my Grand mother thought tgeir was three suits, classic g2k and burnning but my Mother and Brother actually asked why Godzilla didn't look as mean in Godzilla vs Mothra as he did in Godzilla vs king ghidorah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

Kaijunator wrote: I hope G'62 is last and is their worst figure ever... So BARAGONZILLA can suffer. :twisted: :twisted:
Even if you're joking, that's a stupid reason to fuck up a G62 figure.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

We'll get another 24" HTT Godzilla the same time we get the Godzilla 2014 extended cut...never!
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Underworld54 wrote:We'll get another 24" HTT Godzilla the same time we get the Godzilla 2014 extended cut...never!
Hey, if you get to ask Thomas Tull about it before I do, go for it. In the meantime, harping on it as REALLY gotten old.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:We'll get another 24" HTT Godzilla the same time we get the Godzilla 2014 extended cut...never!
Hey, if you get to ask Thomas Tull about it before I do, go for it. In the meantime, harping on it as REALLY gotten old.
He obviously wouldnt know much about it, just like the first time he was asked.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

My Godzilla 1954 Figure just arrived today and guys... IT'S GLORIOUS!!! Seriously, it's one of my favorite figures ever of the Big G! He looks like he came right out of the film and into my hands as a beautiful 6 inch figure. The articulation is great! The black and white grey scale paint if fabulous! And this figure has so much personality even though he is just a figure, his expression alone is enough to spend 20 bucks on him. The only gripe I have with it is that the light grey and black paint on the spines on his back don't look complete blended in. But that's a small gripe and it still looks awesome.

This figure is a must for ANY collector!